Cricket 2004 News and Info

Hi,
could you please let me know if:

1. you have seen rain in the same
2. The so called season mode

thanks B)
babai

And how about the graphics.....
How similar are the players to actuality......

My PS2 version was shipped from DVD crave this morning and i cant wait to get my hands on it. It is great to read about the ball beating the bat and thin edges to the keeper and i would appreciate it if anyone with the game could help me with a few queries.

Could you please tell me if you get many clean bowled dismissals in a test match? There is nothing better than knocking the stumps over with a quick yorker or a hard spun leg-break but this was virtually impossible to do this in Cricket 2002 on test match mode.

When playing against the computer do the players play true to their character , e.g. does Thorpe look to keep the scoreboard ticking with ones and twos while Flintoff just tries to cart the ball out of the ground as soon as he comes to bat?

And do the spinners have different attribute, e.g. does Murali turn the ball at right angles and bamboozle batsman with his wrongun while Chris Gayle just bowls flat rolled off-breaks?

ok, games been released but still no peep of an official website from ea! pretty pathetic.

They've updated their main one to say that Cricket2004 is a featured game. The 'official website' link is still going to the C2k2 site though...

why dont u jus post it over here...it'll save us heaps of time otherwise we'll all hv to register, and only then be able to see it.

here is that review:

"THIS GAME ROCKS!

I picked up this game late yesterday afternoon, Electronics Boutique @ Tuggerah (NSW Central Coast Aust) , dont know how they got it early dont care. In the rush for NRL everyone left Cricket 2004 on the shelf.

And man am I glad I got me a copy. We have waited 2 years for this and I don?t think anyone will be disappointed. This review has been written after only 4hrs play. I may have missed some stuff, so email me if u like to ask anything.

Graphically ive never been fussed with the whole ?lifelike? if it meant playability sucked. Well I can say BOTH are great, players play shots like real players, they tend to look somewhat ?gamey? but every game does. There are ALL the official 14 ODI nations, ALL Australian domestic, ALL English county, an ALL STAR Team, ALL the A teams(yes I can still be Australia against my nephew).

56 official teams, 1000 real players, and u can create your own of course with a new bewt editor, even down to the bat type u want , and u can draft yourself into the national or domestic team.

61 stadiums around the world, graphically awesome, (Cairns was great or maybe u like Lilac Hill?) the disc is DVD Rom so there is huge room for improvement over 2002.

Now gameplay?.. it?s the same concept as 2002, batting uses either the stick or the pad, BUT, its a lot harder and much much more realistic, I enjoyed playing 50 overs.
U have to really concentrate on strokes and on placement. The shots look so life like and I love the clip off the pads down to fine leg. The new ?confidence? meter rocks, u cant really slog form ball 1, u need to get set and as u do the meter goes up, when Symonds got ? of the way up the meter, balls flew out of the stadium in the final few overs.

Do yourself a HUGE favour, go to the nets and practice batting, u get great game tips from Jim Maxwell, u need them to know what length to hit from. etc.

Bowling is a lil different as far as who and how, FAST, MED, OFF, or LEGSPIN, mediums bowl swing, fast bowls cutters(and they freaking cut and swing too). The meter is similar but curves around the ball and the better the bowler the easier to target on pitch.

Pitch has a lot to do with the game, it really does gets better as the game goes on or worse depending on the conditions, pick your team wisely u may regert not taking that extra bat.

So many options I cant recall right now, im still in 7th heaven. Change of batting order, no fat controller ump, trophy cabinet, stat tracker, dozens of Tours and tourneys, Ashes, World Cup, World Series, Short foreign tours, long foriegn tours?oh and autosave so u dont get screwed on losing options. You do need over 3800KB to save so delete some crap off that memory card b4 u start.

Bad points- if i had too, and many of you want to know, id say maybe commentary is a lil repetative, alot of the same old stuff from 2002, but i dont give a crap, so if thats the bad bits ill take it.

On and on and on, this game has LONGEVITY????if you LOVE Cricket like I do?????????GET IT NOW!!!!!!

IF you live in the UK, import it, u wont regret I promise. Try online shops maybe u can get one sent. U should not have to wait till Feb for this.

If anyone wants any info email me

[email protected]

I will do my best to answer any Q?s if I can out for anyone.

PS...there is NO SHANE WARNE in the Aussie squad........ "

So, what do you think guys?
Anyone else feeling moist down there?

Keep the reviews coming in....

pecky, Thanks for posting the review man...appreciate it!

Geez....THIS IS BASICALLY WHAT I'VE WANTED ALL THESE YEARS, BINGO!!!

The next 2 years wont be boring, This game has it all. Ths time EA has done a great job, cant wait to get my hands on the game. Hey and if you guys get the PC version, do post the screenshots or if you can post some screens of PS2, then plz do post them. We're waiting.

Here is a review posted in another forum

Here is my review so far.
The game is very similar to Rugby 2004 in regards to creating players and adding them to the database.If you create a player you can only add him to his own nation i.e Australia - England - India etc.. but also you can add him to any county or state side.Amazingly there is no Shane Warne in the game.He doesnt even play for Victoria.The game modes are incredable.These include - Ashes tour Australia - Ashes Tour England - Long Tour Australia - Short Tour Australia - Long Tour England - Short Tour England - Subcontinent Tour - Carbbean Tour - New Zealand and Zimbabwe Tour - South African Tour - One Day Cricket Tour as well as Test Series - World Cup - World series - Knockout - Australian State - English County.All these modes include a full calender and it will take you for ever to complete it. You start a tour by playing either state teams - county teams - PM's XI - Minister XI or other sides including Australia A - New Zealand A etc.. Even if you tour New Zealand you play Canterbury and N.Districts from there. You get to select your squad from about 50 odd players and players can get injured on tour.
Gameplay has improved with fast bowlers swinging the ball heaps. You play and miss alot and I've been caught behind with little nicks which looks and feels real. The shots available have changed and gets alot of getting used to. On a hard Pitch it is hard to Cut the ball because it bounces to high. The run help icon has changed as well and is quite difficult.
Everything has been included in 2004 but i am yet to have a bowler bowl a no ball against me.They bowl plenty of wides though.The confidence meter could be better.It goes up when you hit a boundry but if you dont score one for a while it goes down.One batsmen i had scored 60 runs with meter at about half then i scored another 20 runs in ones and twos and meter came down to about a 1/4.I thought it might stay up if you faced about 80 plus balls but it doesnt.
Great game and amust have.Beats 2002 hands down.

what the h e l l are you talking about scrol up the page and you will see the same review by emo.........
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooops .... sorry about that post ... hey u dont need to get all excited about that man ... mistakes happen ... cool down !!!!

Hey Nikhil calm down. You'll get the game soon.

And I wanted to ask something. As you guys have posted that if you go on a tour, you'll first have to play some warm matches. Can you tell me what are the teams of Pakistan to appear in a warm up match. Also name the Pakistani stadiums present in the game. And are all the new players included? And one more thing, If we play the season mode, will their be both test matches and onedays, or just test matches, or just ODIs. 1 last thing, how does the crowd look. Are they the same as we saw in Alpha build or a different?

Why have dvdcrave not begun to send my PC version of c2k4 yet? i ordered it ages ago, but my order is still "open". If anyone has any ideas why they have not sent it yet, please let me know.

Beey

Users who are viewing this thread