Cricket 2004 News and Info

More details abt the Confidence meter plz????

Bcoz thats one feature which cud make, or break the game!!!

i also got cricket 2004 today from eb about an hour ago

i had a look at what international teams are in it here they are: austarlia,england,south africa,newzealand,pakistatan,india,sri lanka,west indies,zimbarbwe,bangledesh,kenya,canada,holland,namibia.

i can not post screenshots as its on my playstation

i have played 1 game so far against my brother he was new south wales and i was south australia he batted first in a ten over match at the scg

how the game went: he got off to a good start micheal slater got good confidence and raced to a quick 32. His opening partner mark waugh struggled to get any confidence eventually getting trapped lbw for 6
he ended up 6 for 84

then i went into bat john davison went early for 2 then blewet for 23 then andy flower came in and made 29 i made 5 for 74

i will give better reviews when i play the game a bit more

if u have any questions about cricket 2004 ill happily anwser just post them

(you can only get the game today if u preorded)

Are Scotland in it and can you pick them for the English 1 day league?

What about player resemblances and celebration on getting wickets , 100s ,etc
bye
aditya

ppl w/ cricket 2004,

wud appreciate if u cud pls answer the following ques: -

* how hard is it to time shots (the harder the better)??

* player likeness to real-life counterparts

* general gameplay (batting, bowling, etc.)

* keeper?

* pitch, weather, etc.?

* realism

also what is the commentary standard: Note; we shouldn't expect much here!

i noticed the question about the confidence meter
this is what it does: just say a new batsmen comes to the crease they have 0 confidence but to change this all you have to do is hit some runs and nice shots. just say justin langer comes to the crease he will have no confidence but one or two good shots can change this and the longer the batsmen stays at the crease playing good shots the higher it gets but also if justin langer stays on low confidence the ball beats the outside edge and you will eventually go out

i had a quick look for scottland i dont think there in it

player celebrations are similar cricket to 2002

so far i have only played easy mode. I found it quite easy to time it (its only easy mode)

bowling is quite easy. and its still quite easy to bowl yorkers but there easier to hit straight back down the ground

the keeper sometimes fields it

the commetry is a bit better then 2002

if anyone wants more questions anwsered just post them

thanks boo, appreciate it!

* hw abt player models...are u able to differentiate one from the other?

* noticed u said its quite easy to bowl yorkers but does the computer actually score runs off it, or does it just block like the old game.

thanks champ!!!

also i havn't been playing the game for that long so my anwsers may not be 100% correct but from what ive seen so far they are correct

one thing that i noticed was throws from the outfield dont always make it to the keeper on the full

plz post any question s u may have

How is the bowling? Is it still a little borring or are there a lot more options for you?

does this game live up to the hype??? and yeahh... how good is it... ? what do you rate it? and is any review out yet? and yeah yorkers was the biggest flaw i saw... if you played 2 player you could easily stop your opponent player... can you play shots everywhere on a yorker or is it still that bad... and how hard is it to bowl yorkers?
thanks... and how is the pakistan team?

MOST IMPORTANT : IS THERE ANY OPTION IN ONE PLAYER YOU CAN TURN THE BALL MARKER OFF FOR YOU WON'T KNOW WHERE IS BALL IS GONNA PITCH? COOOLL IF IT IS?
and can we make a team.. and then like play it against international teams?... like the tigers (my team) vs australia ???

im kinda noticing that every1 has got it on ps2 so far, anyone got it on pc?

what size install is it and how long did it take?

cant explain how jealous i am at all u aussies!!!

Users who are viewing this thread