Cricket 2004 News and Info

For those of you who have the game.... isnt the batting kinda like brian lara 99, cept much more timing oriented ?

it is pretty timing oreinted.do you mean shane warne cricket '99'?it's definetely a harder game.and it's going to take so long to do everything.yey.

i luv a challenge cant wait

i doubt its as ahrd as NHL 2004 lol coz i have been playing it for months and still only win half the games and i play on easy hehehe

i finalyl got to try it...on me bros cpu...but i sitll have the problem...one thing love about the game is when u try to play the wrong shot the batmsne doesnt automtaccily move into place for u in c2002(like if it is wide in c2k2 the batmsne slides over)...this game actually makes your batmsne play the shot u pick and u can ge tout...the ball was on leg and i thought it would turn os i playe d a cover drive only to find out i that it went straight and went for lbw...or i tried to play a cut off a fast bolwer on leg stump but got bowled

Does anyone know if you can edit a players career stats by playing games in Cricket 2004?

i sincerly doubt it....recent NHL games are the only ones that do it i think

out of games i've played, sports games

For those who havent bought the game yet ... get ur wallets out now and get C2004 !!!!!

Me thinks its an awesome game. I just started a short tour of Australia and I'm playing a one day game against South Australia to start off the tour. And I just witnessed a four off a misfield, a one bounce throw to the bowler from the deep (not a perfect throw), a sliding save, me getting beaten by a pefect leg cutter bowled by a fast bowler and I am hitting boundaries off full tosses outside off stump ... basically putting the bad balls away which we couldnt in C2002. EA and HB have really tried to make the gameplay as realistic as possible :clap: :clap: . The graphics look good even though I dont have a very high-end system. Must-buy game for cricket lovers. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Kewldude

That is very encouraging news kewldude_78, i cant wait to get this game now, it should be delivered to me in the next few days. Not being able to hit full tosses was very frustrating, im not too concerned about the graphics as long as the game play has improved.

Does the computer now pace their innings according to the run rate, i.e they dont block when they need 12 an over?

Can you get bat-pad catches?

SOUNDS GREAT IM GETTING IT IN LESS THAN AN HOUR :D

and yes i have hearsd of bat pad catches

hey in 2002 there wasnt really any full tosses you could bopwl or be bowled to you

the fullest delivery would hit at around the knees-ankles so a fulltoos but not at the body or anything

Originally posted by melbournemartin@Dec 15 2003, 05:32 AM
i luv a challenge cant wait

i doubt its as ahrd as NHL 2004 lol coz i have been playing it for months and still only win half the games and i play on easy hehehe
In NHL play as a bigginer it's tones easier, i win by 11 goals

Hopefully only around 3 hours until i get cricket 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im going to video games heaven at knox city as soon as me granny gets here to take me

she said 1230 its 12:26 now

then i will be play for the next few months non stop :D

such a sweet game...one problem...doe sanyone know how to spin the ball..mine dont turn and i have kumble and harbhajan

is there a lot of dodgy catches? I would hate to get out when it's not out in a tight situation!
Have they resolved the issue of being out caught when the ball comes of the hip? Thanks

Havent seen any dodgy catches so far ... I'm playing a one-day game so there r no close in fielders till now. But the running between the wickets is absolutely bad ... even worse than C2002. The batsmen take a long time to turn around if u cancel a run.

Users who are viewing this thread