Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Will the lisenced team squads and player face in C22 be locked like after DLC C19? Anyone got any idea about that?

I was wondering what are the different kinds of mini games that would make sense in a Cricket game. There are few games which actually did mini games really well, like most of them from GTA5 and RDR2, Gwent in Witcher 3, lock picking in Sleeping dogs and Assassin Creed Valhalla had few nice ones.
Catching mini game has been excellent right from DBC 17.

Will the lisenced team squads and player face in C22 be locked like after DLC C19? Anyone got any idea about that?
I would imagine so, yes.

On press conference part, it would make it really interesting if there can be an academy creator for it. Like a conversation creator with branching dialogues which can be created by players and can be applied to different scenarios. For example, set of questions which can be asked when a player scores century but the team lost. You can add more various sets to one scenario and can be randomly selected.

This can only be implemented if there is no lip-sync or no voice over for press conferences in-game. Maybe I'm asking a bit too much.

On press conference part, it would make it really interesting if there can be an academy creator for it. Like a conversation creator with branching dialogues which can be created by players and can be applied to different scenarios. For example, set of questions which can be asked when a player scores century but the team lost. You can add more various sets to one scenario and can be randomly selected.

This can only be implemented if there is no lip-sync or no voice over for press conferences in-game. Maybe I'm asking a bit too much.
I know you could do this for PES for example, but that game is of course way more moddable than Cricket 19/22.
Post automatically merged:

Even so with the new Dream Team concept, the skills might also be locked for online mode.
Surely they could separate single player/ online play in that regard.

@wasteyouryouth I remember you had a suggestion on Fielding to be similar to Pubg grenade throwing controls/mechanics, long time back. They could've married it along with the slow-Mo QTE. Wudve been nice.
Yeah I think..it was trying to come up with ways to make fielding feel as relevant as batting or bowling.

I certainly think for the shorter forms finding a way to make it as engaging as batting or bowling would be great. In the same way just about every button does something when you're batting, there could be similar for fielding. We might have 'cautious' fielding more risky moves (long barrier vs a running one handed pick up). Likewise, there's stuff in PES where you could have players who don't have the ball make runs into space. Something like that to get players to back up or to run into space to trigger a bit of tag team boundary fielding.

I'd have no problem if that was all automatic and fielding was all AI controlled but that's a bit of a negative approach.

That's all quite advanced stuff and certainly not something I'd want or expect to see in the near future. Just having the basics of fielding improved would be great.

Every time I see the screenshots, videos, its amazing how far the lighting has come in a few years. And the clouds. Look at those clouds people.

Every time I see the screenshots, videos, its amazing how far the lighting has come in a few years. And the clouds. Look at those clouds people.
Spot on bro .. they have done great job this time .. cricket 19 and ashes damn with this things !!

Users who are viewing this thread