Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
hope day 1 patch moves to day 3 .. :D no updates for player creation tools as of today .

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Does anyone have a list of the licensed bats in C22?
No list, sorry mate, but I had a quick look on Friday and from what I can remember I saw GM, DSC, Kookaburra, Gray-Nicolls, New Balance, Puma, Icon, Kingsport and another brand or two I've never seen before. Some of the same bats from C19, but a few new ones added as well. I can't wait to get my hands on some of the new Gray-Nicolls bats.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
No list, sorry mate, but I had a quick look on Friday and from what I can remember I saw GM, DSC, Kookaburra, Gray-Nicolls, New Balance, Puma, Icon, Kingsport and another brand or two I've never seen before. Some of the same bats from C19, but a few new ones added as well. I can't wait to get my hands on some of the new Gray-Nicolls bats.
Thanks mate!

freeshead55

Club Cricketer
I am still very much impressed with the first ever teaser of cricket 22 with time lapse of crowd, sun, clouds and lighting. I also saw pitch cover being moved away.

Yet to see all these details in any of the gameplay videos till now. Have not see pitch cover, crowds movement, sun and clouds movement !

Hope they really put these details in the game !

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have been playing on Series S and the game is super fast. I would wait couple minutes on Switch or One for Cricket 19.
However in 22, I select lineup and boom match is ready to be played.

Bowling wise I have slip catches, catches on the boundary, inside edge chopping the stumps.

In tests?

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Concerns me slightly that whenever asked about gameplay improvements there’s never any mentioned apart from animations and slo mo throwing.
Right. Few things aren't answered with respect to gameplay improvememts but only time will tell

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Concerns me slightly that whenever asked about gameplay improvements there’s never any mentioned apart from animations and slo mo throwing.
Very true, Might be they bound to tell career mode, press conference, gym etc & cinematic run out mechanics only.

TBH c19 run out far better and simpler instead c22, cinamtic pause and pressing of bumpers vd keys i dont think that needed. Ideally there is toggle option bw standard and cinematic field type. I wish if BA can think on it and do it via patch, till then auto field much better option specially when you play test or odi.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
C
Very true, Might be they bound to tell career mode, press conference, gym etc & cinematic run out mechanics only.

TBH c19 run out far better and simpler instead c22, cinamtic pause and pressing of bumpers vd keys i dont think that needed. Ideally you can give toggle option bw standard and cinematic field type. I wish if BA can think on it and do it via patch, till then auto field much better option specially when you play test or odi.
C19 throw mechanics were terrible imo. This new addition in C22 is smoother than ever as far as I heard and seen. One can toggle to have auto fielding or semi auto depending upon one's mood. The cinematic pause is needed to choose the throw end. But again, one might not play with that all the time.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Let's see what we get but I feel it'll hold us over. Just my two cents here but this is only their 5th release, historically no sports game nailed it by the 5th release excluding PS2 era PES but even that was years of experience in making football games prior to that era.

So let's hope with time BA do actually make progress each iteration and maybe by the years down the line we'll have a great game.

Just another thought it'd bs great if one day player styles really mattered, for example a slingy action bowler comes off the pitch differently, maybe has a different set of deliveries like Waqars pacy reverse swing balls or a tall spinner who hits the deck harder. Something like this would be great!

Anybow I'm very excited for Wednesday night :)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
C

C19 throw mechanics were terrible imo. This new addition in C22 is smoother than ever as far as I heard and seen. One can toggle to have auto fielding or semi auto depending upon one's mood. The cinematic pause is needed to choose the throw end. But again, one might not play with that all the time.
Dear thats why i mentioned when playing long format games do you really need cinematic pause every time ?

when you get hands on experience then you can better comment.

regarding c19, m talking about simple one key to press by seeing field bar, things must be simple or max you give option in settings same like batting bowling controls.

Users who are viewing this thread