Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

L
For me, issue with cricket 19 was that it felt samey-samey after couple of domestic seasons. I don't know if I should've had a different approach but this wasn't the case with DBC14. I enjoyed each and every match there. Hope cricket 22 feels much more engaging...
Nothing compares to DBC 14. I spend hours apon hours in the career mode. was soo removed from previous cricket titles previous to that. Best cricket game ever made, after Shane Warne cricket 99 :P can’t go past that game. Lol

In batting terms I feel that Cricket 14 is still the pinnacle.
I agree hands down. One thing that I always wanted to do is play an agressive shot over the rope when bowled to 5th or 6th stum to long on... Like a pull short when bowled shorted or a front foot slog when bowled in good or full length. DBC14 had it but I don't think any game after that had that sort of batting feature.

Yeah it was fairly spot on with the licensed players in Cricket 19. Most players looked unbelievable although some others looked like random people you'd come across in the streets. I think in all the licensed teams there were at least a couple of iffy likenesses, England for example had Archer and Burns, while Australia had Sams, McDermott, and Ashton Agar.
Burns looked fine imo, at least before he got his goatee and man-bun hairstyle in real life. One thing I would like though, is the ability to change bats for licensed players. Some were locked in Cricket 19 like Buttler, Jimmy etc. Burns now uses a DSC bat rather than Gray-Nicholls. Same with YJB.

Burns looked fine imo, at least before he got his goatee and man-bun hairstyle in real life. One thing I would like though, is the ability to change bats for licensed players. Some were locked in Cricket 19 like Buttler, Jimmy etc. Burns now uses a DSC bat rather than Gray-Nicholls. Same with YJB.
There was the ability to change the bats of licensed players who had 'fake bats' by going into the bat creator, clicking on a bat and assigning it to a player. However, like you said licensed players that had 'real bats' couldn't have their bat changed and I unfortuantely doubt that this will change in Cricket 22 as that ability is most likely removed due to those bats, like Gray Nicolls, being licensed too. This means players like Burns were fully licensed so it makes sense you couldn't change anything bar their skills.

Why should the position of the seam affect how much stamina is used?

I agree with spinners bowling no-balls -- happens in real life, should happen in game...
Post automatically merged:

All I want in this new game is TRUE PHYSICS, if I play a LATE shot (drive) I want the ball to go DOWN into the ground! :)
I agree to your point what I meant was the cross seam yellow deliveries which were only bowled in cricket
Why should the position of the seam affect how much stamina is used?

I agree with spinners bowling no-balls -- happens in real life, should happen in game...
Post automatically merged:

All I want in this new game is TRUE PHYSICS, if I play a LATE shot (drive) I want the ball to go DOWN into the ground! :)
I agree to your point I want to point out the cross seam yellow deliveries online in 19 where fast bowler could ball all six 159 speed.

I have been an avid fan since dbc14, but sadly in the net sessions video they published, to my eyes animation and graphics didn't look too convincing :( . being a 3D Visualizer myself, the rendering looked very 2013.
View attachment 255876View attachment 255877
It's most likely an earlier build hence why the graphics looks as they are! I'm sure when the game is released it will look way better! This video was only designed to show us the net challenge. The dude in the video also said "new/better lighting, graphics, texture etc but we'll talk about that abit later". They will Showcase this maybe next week or in another video!!! Then we will see how great the graphics look!

Helmets looks way better than cricket 19. Chin strap is missing though. We hope it will be there in final build. Big Ant listens to its fan and they implement the change. Like in DLC one of the stadium (Rose Bowl) had the flood lights missing when DLC was released. In one of the patches it was fixed.

Probably too much of an ask, but I would really like if Tournament jerseys were a thing for the licenced international teams. I know the world tournaments are not licensed. But, back in Cricket 19 and Ashes Cricket, playing the World Cups (ODI & T20), with the opposition sporting World Cup kits downloaded from the academy and Australia or England sporting their regular jersey with sponsors in the front takes away from the immersion, especially in Career Mode.

Bodies look too thin, even if the head is less bobbly and realistic.

I am skeptical guys AND SCAREDDDDDDDD;( (also don't want to jinx in case the game's actually good).

I think we are not going to see much of an improvement. The focus doesn't seem to be on the right areas
Personally, if they need to delay the game then delay it (unless they have a contractual obligation with CA for a hard release day). I would rather wait an extra month or two for a much better game. But the state of the game is pure speculation, especially off a small snippet of a trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread