Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Ive decided im going to start submitting everything i see, to try and help improve this game.

The one at the bottom is just titled "bug" but its about no notification of a new ball being available.

I can imagine some peoples lists are far bigger than mine...

1638712646483.png

Last edited:

Akshyansh

Akshyansh
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
not a very high end system but does well enough to run the game at a stable fps with high medium settings.
Is anyone else facing stuttering/lag issue when playing night matches while streaming?

This is for Steam not a very high end system but does well enough to run the game at a stable fps with high medium settings.

This is a test video.A T20 match at Gabba and a Test in similar venue.

The game is actually smooth for me without but somehow while streaming matches played at night conditions the stream stutters a lot.

From 3.55 its the test played in day match conditions.I have put the frame rate stats at the top left of the screen as well.

Can be a issue with the stream itself. No idea what is wrong.
Hi, I have faced visible stuttering/micro-stuttering with FPS hovering around 85-90. It's prominent when the camera pans to sliding fielders. I tried all sorts of vsync settings and graphics options to no avail, hopefully turning off the crowd option in a future patch helps.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I have only played career mode so far and although I think they've added some nice touches to this, it feels a little unfinished. For instance, if I ask the coach to recommend training...he has only ever sent me to the nets...even as a bowling all-rounder, I've only been sent for batting practice in the nets. Maybe after a few more hours and games this will change...but has anyone seen the coach do anything else yet? The design concept of career mode is also flawed. Why would Atherton and Gower be commentating on a club match in the North of England? How is club cricket providing ball tracking and replays? Theses elements should be added as your career progresses and be appropriate to the context of the game. And whilst I'm OK with seeing the Big Ant staff umpiring at club level...if they still turn up at County level and beyond (and all over the world)...I will be very disappointed.

In game play has the same issues that previous iterations have had, which is disappointing. I suspect 99% of the code is unchanged. So we still have the bowler being paralysed after delivering the ball, allowing the batter to take a leisurely single as the ball rolls past you. When you are batting, however, the bowler is diving to stop the ball. Fielders and wicket keeper are still happy to let the ball bounce in front of them rather than taking a catch...and, as a spinner, I know there is no chance of a stumping because the batter never leaves the crease and the wicket keeper is far too slow to react anyway. Also why is red ball cricket played at night? Where have the scoreboards gone that told you information like time of day, RRR etc.?

Graphics seem to have errors that were previously in the game engine. For instance, the sun renders in front of clouds (I've seen it render infront of stands in previous iterations, like it has tickets for a seat in the top tier stand...but haven't progressed career mode yet to see if this is still the case) and it also doesn't look like the sun with its weird starburst effect:
66uqSOA.png

Also the lighting always seems too bright. The player models are also very strange. The physique is odd to start with and the defaults seem to have strange, flat elongated heads that are seem like they should be turning out for Easter Island.

QUyzbET.png

I will continue with the game and hope that BA can patch some things but fear that, again, there will be so many design and implementation flaws that it won't hold my attention for long. I hope I'm wrong on this.
I think in general, with the heads of custom players, and the creator, the forehead, carnium is a bit too long.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi, I have faced visible stuttering/micro-stuttering with FPS hovering around 85-90. It's prominent when the camera pans to sliding fielders. I tried all sorts of vsync settings and graphics options to no avail, hopefully turning off the crowd option in a future patch helps.
Try this, its from a while ago, but I used this to fix micro stuttering POE: deadfire.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/7a0763
It works for some, others not so much, but if you follow the instructions exactly you might get some good results.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
I submitted this yesterday.

It does become available but the game doesnt let you know this in any way, either through a pop up or comms.

Thanks It looks a bug I Will also submit this as bug , Also I already submitter no time showing in Test bug

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
If you go into the match menu and Tactics it should be there. Agree though a basic, like knowing what time it is in the days play.

Thanks Its showing new in Tactics after completion of Over , But still should have notification as cricket 19 Also In Test no timing of the day is showing

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Been blocked by BigAnt and Ross just for reporting a bug. A bug. They can't take constructive criticism well and it's going to bite them on the arse.

They should just remaster Bradman 14 and call it a day.

Did you report it through the correct channel though? Or just dig them out on twitter about it?

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
I have only played career mode so far and although I think they've added some nice touches to this, it feels a little unfinished. For instance, if I ask the coach to recommend training...he has only ever sent me to the nets...even as a bowling all-rounder, I've only been sent for batting practice in the nets. Maybe after a few more hours and games this will change...but has anyone seen the coach do anything else yet? The design concept of career mode is also flawed. Why would Atherton and Gower be commentating on a club match in the North of England? How is club cricket providing ball tracking and replays? Theses elements should be added as your career progresses and be appropriate to the context of the game. And whilst I'm OK with seeing the Big Ant staff umpiring at club level...if they still turn up at County level and beyond (and all over the world)...I will be very disappointed.

In game play has the same issues that previous iterations have had, which is disappointing. I suspect 99% of the code is unchanged. So we still have the bowler being paralysed after delivering the ball, allowing the batter to take a leisurely single as the ball rolls past you. When you are batting, however, the bowler is diving to stop the ball. Fielders and wicket keeper are still happy to let the ball bounce in front of them rather than taking a catch...and, as a spinner, I know there is no chance of a stumping because the batter never leaves the crease and the wicket keeper is far too slow to react anyway. Also why is red ball cricket played at night? Where have the scoreboards gone that told you information like time of day, RRR etc.?

Graphics seem to have errors that were previously in the game engine. For instance, the sun renders in front of clouds (I've seen it render infront of stands in previous iterations, like it has tickets for a seat in the top tier stand...but haven't progressed career mode yet to see if this is still the case) and it also doesn't look like the sun with its weird starburst effect:
66uqSOA.png

Also the lighting always seems too bright. The player models are also very strange. The physique is odd to start with and the defaults seem to have strange, flat elongated heads that are seem like they should be turning out for Easter Island.

QUyzbET.png

I will continue with the game and hope that BA can patch some things but fear that, again, there will be so many design and implementation flaws that it won't hold my attention for long. I hope I'm wrong on this.
I agree with this...

I was thinking, in club matches we just have the stadium announcer in the background, without any commentators. It just adds to excitement when you eventually get the call up to the big leagues. It will also delay the feeling of the commentary becoming a little repetitive after a while.

And the cut scene where the player of the match receives a cheque at club level (I love the idea) but not at club level. I think a little cut scene (similar to when your coach introduces you to the team for the first time), the coach announces the player of the match and it just shows him shaking the player of the match's hand. Imagine the fines session after a club match with a player receiving a $1000 cheque... :cheers

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
20211205_160512.jpgSorry about the crappy quality of the picture lads...

I'm on Xbox One and I was wondering if this is something that's still going to be patched or do you guys also have the option to add kit to the NZ team? I see the England, Australia and WI kits are locked, but NZ and Ireland's kits can be added.

To be honest, this is something I mentioned a while back to be added. For the licensed teams you get the official kits which are "locked" and can't be changed, but you are allowed to add some custom uniforms of your own. It will keep career mode fresh and exciting for longer. This is the main reason why I don't play career mode with a licensed team, because I like the freedom of changing playing kit whenever I get bored. And I know playing with three different options of playing kit will get old very quickly for me.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I'm on Xbox One and I was wondering if this is something that's still going to be patched or do you guys also have the option to add kit to the NZ team? I see the England, Australia and WI kits are locked, but NZ and Ireland's kits can be added.

To be honest, this is something I mentioned a while back to be added. For the licensed teams you get the official kits which are "locked" and can't be changed, but you are allowed to add some custom uniforms of your own. It will keep career mode fresh and exciting for longer. This is the main reason why I don't play career mode with a licensed team, because I like the freedom of changing playing kit whenever I get bored. And I know playing with three different options of playing kit will get old very quickly for me.
What version are you on? I’m on Xbox one and I’m still playing with NZ and their ‘fake’ kits

Users who are viewing this thread