Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Just tried Cricket 22 again on PS4 after Patch 1.06. Fielding is much more improved now as well as the other fixes are done. Gameplay is much smoother now. I must say improvements are there after Patch and game is running awesome, check here:

@WealeyH interested to hear if FC ring catches are improved after this update. An interesting observation in 19 after starting a new test match. I upped the wicket chance to 60 and fiddled with a few pitch and swing sliders. Had 2 really great ring catches bowling to the AI. Proper deception with using slower ball. The first was particularly great as it was a total mishit pull that sort of looped up for an easy catch on the edge of the ring. Does this happen at all in 22 yet?

You are playing on old gen console or PC with minimum GPU right?
Brand new ps5, lol. What's with playing on PC or old gen or whaeves? If something is missing, it's missing. Just would love to see it get fixed. It's not just me facing the problem. It's wide spread and irrespective to what platform one is playing.

Just downloaded the latest ps5 patch (1.09gb i guess). The game feels much smoother. The ai fielding has improved but their catching is still abysmal. They dropped 6 out of 7 catches in my first 12 overs of play now mode.
Also i think ai field settings dont seem to have much logic still. They keep changing the field every 1-2 balls just like old big ant titles. This area needs vast improvement. People are not talking about it because we are yet to surpass numerous other issues in the game. Once they get ironed out, this will feel game breaking.
Right arm bowler to left hand batter and vice versa still has leg side bowling line issues. It has carried over from previous titles.
Though i am much more positive after latest update a lot of work needs to be done

@WealeyH interested to hear if FC ring catches are improved after this update. An interesting observation in 19 after starting a new test match. I upped the wicket chance to 60 and fiddled with a few pitch and swing sliders. Had 2 really great ring catches bowling to the AI. Proper deception with using slower ball. The first was particularly great as it was a total mishit pull that sort of looped up for an easy catch on the edge of the ring. Does this happen at all in 22 yet?

All I can say is it’s something I would love added. They are there, BA are aware but it’s a super super fine balance.
Post automatically merged:

Just downloaded the latest ps5 patch (1.09gb i guess). The game feels much smoother. The ai fielding has improved but their catching is still abysmal. They dropped 6 out of 7 catches in my first 12 overs of play now mode.
Also i think ai field settings dont seem to have much logic still. They keep changing the field every 1-2 balls just like old big ant titles. This area needs vast improvement. People are not talking about it because we are yet to surpass numerous other issues in the game. Once they get ironed out, this will feel game breaking.
Right arm bowler to left hand batter and vice versa still has leg side bowling line issues. It has carried over from previous titles.
Though i am much more positive after latest update a lot of work needs to be done

Question.. the catches.. we’re they ones where the AI tries to take them facing the wrong way.

All I can say is it’s something I would love added. They are there, BA are aware but it’s a super super fine balance.
Post automatically merged:

Question.. the catches.. we’re they ones where the AI tries to take them facing the wrong way.
No they were facing the right way. 2 were at cover. Two were at point. One mid off and one dont remember. The one at midoff, fielder dint even attempt to catch. The ball just hit his chest and fell down and picked it up and threw to the bowler

No they were facing the right way. 2 were at cover. Two were at point. One mid off and one dont remember. The one at midoff, fielder dint even attempt to catch. The ball just hit his chest and fell down and picked it up and threw to the bowler

You had that many catches in the ring!? Test or Limited Overs!?

Guys, have a question.. What batting style feels closest to the DBC17 style power hitting/responsiveness? Thanks!

They dropped 6 out of 7 catches in my first 12 overs of play now mode.
When you read stuff like that, yet BA keep claiming patch after patch that they have "reduced chances of AI dropping catches" etc, i do wonder exactly what planet they are currently residing on, because im not sure its earth.

You had that many catches in the ring!? Test or Limited Overs!?

Wealey, have a question and thought you'd be the best person to ask this..

What batting style would be the closest fit to the DBC17 style responsive and power hitting?

Users who are viewing this thread