Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ok lads @blockerdave knows there no bullshit from me.

Just fired it up after seeing your posts fearing the worst, even though I have been testing so as a little suprised from what I was reading.

1st Test
Gabba

Beautiful first 20 overs of a session bowling to the AI.

Hardly any boundaries, no last ball smashes, no pulls to leg , just a few clips to midwicket boundary.

Robinson breaks the 50 partnership with a lovely strighter one that does enough to trap Harris, then after plugging midwicket drifts onto Warners leg stump and gets flicked aerially straight to the fielder for a catch. A gift!

They have played out maidens and for the first 10 were going at 2.8 an over. Leave after leave at times. 1 Edge, flew over slips from a back of a length Broad delivery.

Perfect run rate and good battle between bat and ball.

Something has slipped in with some fielders running in quicksand which I have fed back already.

Got to be honest though, cant say I experience what you guys are saying.

Assume you’re on steam with another patch or two over ps5?

2 days as I say I had a great match. Yesterday it went pear shaped.

My issue since sliders were introduced is that with each iteration of the game there is this meta-game requirement for slider adjustment. At some point the position of sliders seems to be the whole point of the game and playing the match is just a way of scoring the effectiveness of your slider-difficulty tweaking.

The sliders can help but they're ultimately there to subjectively customise a working game without bugs, rather than using them to try & correct said bugs.

They've a better chance at winning 10 rounds of Russian roulette with a 6 shooter than using the sliders to effect any meaningful fix for the existing bugs ;).

I think I’m same as you?
Thought there’d been steam patches since the ps5 one.

Anyway it’s weird. Started a new game and they are still scoring quickly but I’m not bowling well. But it doesn’t seem as extreme. That said I’m now playing against a different team so different skills and personalities I guess

Veteran.. I never go near legend and never will. Vet is superior.
Hardest bowling with few tweaks..
Hardest Overall game difficulty
With my sliders added.
Apart from the AI/Bowling/Batting/Fielder difficulty settings, in what way does the Overall Game Difficulty from the Match Settings screen affect the game? What makes the game "Easiest" or "Hardest"? I'm just trying to get my head around all these settings. This is my first BAS cricket game.

Also, I think there is something seriously wrong with the sliders settings underneath the hood. On the previous PS5 version before today's version, I was inputting Rumple43's physics settings from his thread and adjusted the AI Run rate and Wicket taking. I saved those settings and then went back to double check after the match had started and there were all sorts of crazy numbers like -2353525, 0, 0, -273533,0 for all of the AI settings. I restarted the game and checked the settings and it reverted back to default. I am going to try to reproduce this bug today.

looks to me they’ve increased aggression for balanced players.
I have a conservative opener 5 from 21 and a balanced opener 22 from 28.
The difference in their style is marked which would have @Langeveldt delighted but the balanced player is far too aggressive. No wonder the other team that was higher skilled and had 1 balanced and 1 aggressive opener were charging along at fives

My issue since sliders were introduced is that with each iteration of the game there is this meta-game requirement for slider adjustment. At some point the position of sliders seems to be the whole point of the game and playing the match is just a way of scoring the effectiveness of your slider-difficulty tweaking.
To be fair, the sliders mini game is more enjoyable than the gym mini games in career mode.

@WealeyH maybe that is the reason Im getting battered by AI.. Why didn't you like legebd on 17?

Also sometimes I think they should do away with the sliders or maybe change how they're implemented. Like the footwork slider, what's the point its not like the game has 360 degrees input that having it cranked up to 100 means your foot has to be on pitch of the ball. The footwork mechanic is messed up anyway and quite linear so I don't see what sliders do for certain things

The Eagle Has Landed!

Hi guys

I'm by no means saying that this game is perfect but... I do think that we've at least reached parity on previous games and probably a little bit more/better.

Yes I've only played a few Five5s and starts of a few Tests but I've now got used to the look of the players. Some of the batting shots/animations look great. I seem to be able to score on the off side better than previous games (I'm playing Medium/Pro or whatever the middle options are). The catch that a fielder took running backwards yesterday was so superior to anything that I've seen before that I still can't get over how good it was and that they've fixed it now after we've started this game with the usual running backwards, cupping the hand low to the ground whilst facing the wrong way but catching it like previous games. Some of the batting shots look/feel so real too.

I find it fascinating that we all encounter different issues. I mean, people are saying that they've got the latest PS4 patch and fielding has regressed. I don't see any evidence of that in the games I've played tonight. How can that be if those of us on PS4 are playing the same version?

There are of course elements of the game that are exactly the same as previous but like I say, it's sprinkled with new and better stuff and that's just the intros/gameplay.

I love the kit design possibilities, I think that the Player Creator is set up well both for new users and experienced gamers that want more depth. The score HUD is so clear and well divided too.

Yes commentary is all over the place but I still enjoy it. I can't believe that Competition Designer is absent when they've included 32 international teams and I've had three crashes but generally at the start of a game. I have started a Career and there's been a few issues (Net drill not working, fielder never throwing ball so having to switch off and go back in) but we'll see what happens. Oh and, yes I just played a Test match and the opening batsman played a tennis swat in the third over but I get a thrill out of playing Tests against Uganda and Malaysia etc so if their batsmen want to come out playing like that then I’m all for it!

I generally play outside of Career, effectively doing what I consider a career as my own team, often an Associate or my own custom made England, playing competitions and series etc. I like to have the consistency of my own created players because I'll pick players like Ben Coad and Arron Nijjar. I like the purity of blank stats to start with too.

Like I say, I know it's not the best game ever that many of you wanted but it's a cricket game and it seems to be working. I've raised tickets (As others have on the Big Ant support) and they've quickly worked to address running between the wickets, CPU/AI fielding, user being unable to prevent bowler bowling odd no ball and CPU/AI spinners bowling extreme proportion of leg-side wides etc. I'm not really sure what the concern with crowd noise is.

Apologies if this is a bit of a ramble and repetition from me but I've played all their games and love immersing myself in it. It's enjoyable to share thoughts and hopefully help the game get better and Big Ant keep making them.

Hope you've all got a game to the standard that you want soon!

Last edited:
This is probably the worst launch of a game i've ever been involved in as a player, if I'd had paid full price there's no way in hell i'd still own this game now. For the game to be delayed a week and all the promises we were given, this is completely shambolic and I hope license holders are taking note, New Zealand and West Indies player likenesses are pathetic for "official teams", if you can't do head scans then use the great playface creators to tide you over until then, pay a small commission and sign them to a NDA.

I'm an Xbox user so i'm stuck on the "Day 1 build", and I don't know if BAS or Microsoft are more inept in getting the patch out but I have never seen a game get 6/7 patches on one console and jack shit on another. I dread what build Xbox will get once a patch comes. If C19 didn't have issues that made me quit that i'd be back in a heartbeat, but i'd rather have each individual nose hair pulled than play Cricket 22. Day One no longer even if I can get reduced prices.

This is probably the worst launch of a game i've ever been involved in as a player, if I'd had paid full price there's no way in hell i'd still own this game now. For the game to be delayed a week and all the promises we were given, this is completely shambolic and I hope license holders are taking note, New Zealand and West Indies player likenesses are pathetic for "official teams", if you can't do head scans then use the great playface creators to tide you over until then, pay a small commission and sign them to a NDA.

I'm an Xbox user so i'm stuck on the "Day 1 build", and I don't know if BAS or Microsoft are more inept in getting the patch out but I have never seen a game get 6/7 patches on one console and jack shit on another. I dread what build Xbox will get once a patch comes. If C19 didn't have issues that made me quit that i'd be back in a heartbeat, but i'd rather have each individual nose hair pulled than play Cricket 22. Day One no longer even if I can get reduced prices.
Day 1 Build? Even users on steam are not close to Day 1 build. :noway

Fielders now running after balls in the outfield as if its thigh high treacle.

I dont know if this game can be saved at this point, each patch fixes something but makes other things worse.

Ahhh I have the same problem with fielders running in treacle and custard except it’s each Sunday friendly game and not C22 :)

Users who are viewing this thread