Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ragz

Club Cricketer
Hi @MattW , can you please let us know if your team is aware of the backfoot square cut bug (the output is a late cut even if the input shot is that of a backfoot cut to pacers).

Just wanted to know if it is the process of being reproduced/fixed/tested because there has been no acknowledgement of the existence of this fairly large gameplay issue (it is one of the most played shots by a batsman across formats). Thanks.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I certainly appreciate people's frustrations on something like that batting glitch occurring in the patch - I believe there will be an update to resolve that before what would have been planned as next week's update, but I don't know timing yet.

My understanding is simply that very late in the day, we'd received and resolved an issue that was sent through on a support task which had been preventing someone proceeding in their career, a decision was made to try and get this into this week's update, so new builds were made, which unintentionally included some items that were being worked on for next week that didn't receive the level of testing they needed, and caused this problem.

Obviously the other choice would have been to push it back to ensure that it did receive that full pass - but it's a no win situation - the pages immediately before the pages of posts about how this batting thing is glitched, are all about 'where is the patch'.

Honestly, it annoys me just as much as it annoys others when stuff like this happens - because I'm of the view there's a lot of good improvements that were in this update, but that all gets overshadowed by something like this. This patch included or at least tried to make progress on a bunch of things I know have been mentioned on here, that tickets via support, and feedback posted here are being read and worked on.

----

For 'missing eyebrows' that means the playface texture wasn't downloaded or is no longer on your console (the console can refresh/reset the storage area where those faces are kept). If you are still missing them, it is going to need to be re-downloaded, the point was supposed to be that people who had faces before the patch where they were all missing from all players, didn't need to redownload those ones to get it to work again - because that specific issue was that they were there, but not being correctly rendered.

For the Bats situation, my understanding was that for a while 'get best' wasn't including bats. If you're still having problems there, would need more info on what you're downloading - as in if you're getting a specific team or player directly from a search, or doing get best on a particular team, etc.

Will try and find out why Physics is doing that - the intention is just that if you have your difficulty on a mixture of settings - rather than all of them being from the same custom difficulty, it would say "custom" pre match. So if you use the batting difficulty from one slider set, and the bowling from another, pre-match it will say Custom. But if you just select a specific custom difficulty pre match, then it should update and use that for each of the elements of difficulty, so setting batting/bowling/fielding/etc to the slider or on disk difficulty all at once.

If you're referring to white hats, I'm certain that has been resolved and has been for a long while. I get the correct maroon ones in game, and I recall a number of posts at the time of others having it work.

The only suggestion I have is to go to the Academy, highlight the West Indies team and press the Triangle/Y button and see if you have an option to delete it - if you do then it means you've managed to get it in a customised state, which means it can't reset the uniforms to the ones currently on disk. Delete it if you do have the option and that will restore to the correct.
Appreciate the effort you have shown in explaining everything to us. I believe being transparent like this could help a lot. Thanks a lot mate

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I certainly appreciate people's frustrations on something like that batting glitch occurring in the patch - I believe there will be an update to resolve that before what would have been planned as next week's update, but I don't know timing yet.

My understanding is simply that very late in the day, we'd received and resolved an issue that was sent through on a support task which had been preventing someone proceeding in their career, a decision was made to try and get this into this week's update, so new builds were made, which unintentionally included some items that were being worked on for next week that didn't receive the level of testing they needed, and caused this problem.

Obviously the other choice would have been to push it back to ensure that it did receive that full pass - but it's a no win situation - the pages immediately before the pages of posts about how this batting thing is glitched, are all about 'where is the patch'.

Honestly, it annoys me just as much as it annoys others when stuff like this happens - because I'm of the view there's a lot of good improvements that were in this update, but that all gets overshadowed by something like this. This patch included or at least tried to make progress on a bunch of things I know have been mentioned on here, that tickets via support, and feedback posted here are being read and worked on.

----

For 'missing eyebrows' that means the playface texture wasn't downloaded or is no longer on your console (the console can refresh/reset the storage area where those faces are kept). If you are still missing them, it is going to need to be re-downloaded, the point was supposed to be that people who had faces before the patch where they were all missing from all players, didn't need to redownload those ones to get it to work again - because that specific issue was that they were there, but not being correctly rendered.

For the Bats situation, my understanding was that for a while 'get best' wasn't including bats. If you're still having problems there, would need more info on what you're downloading - as in if you're getting a specific team or player directly from a search, or doing get best on a particular team, etc.

Will try and find out why Physics is doing that - the intention is just that if you have your difficulty on a mixture of settings - rather than all of them being from the same custom difficulty, it would say "custom" pre match. So if you use the batting difficulty from one slider set, and the bowling from another, pre-match it will say Custom. But if you just select a specific custom difficulty pre match, then it should update and use that for each of the elements of difficulty, so setting batting/bowling/fielding/etc to the slider or on disk difficulty all at once.

If you're referring to white hats, I'm certain that has been resolved and has been for a long while. I get the correct maroon ones in game, and I recall a number of posts at the time of others having it work.

The only suggestion I have is to go to the Academy, highlight the West Indies team and press the Triangle/Y button and see if you have an option to delete it - if you do then it means you've managed to get it in a customised state, which means it can't reset the uniforms to the ones currently on disk. Delete it if you do have the option and that will restore to the correct.
Deleting the West Indies team helped in fixing the hat colour issue on ps4

Lohit88

Club Cricketer
Just downloaded the patch on ps5.. the playface issue is now resolved. (thank god) lol.. that batting animation is very bothersome indeed. Before the shot animation, the batsman just teleports back inside the crease and overlays with the stumps.. anyways, I think Ross suggested the team is working on it.
However random crashes and academy team is still not fixed. I can download players but I can't search teams in academy.

imported_beatle

Club Captain

----

Thanks for the info mattw I did what you suggested and the West Indies kit updated :)

tfish555

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I must be the only one enjoying the patch… granted I haven’t yet batted, but it seems like the AI sixth ball slog is gone. They are playing much more sensibly and realistically on steam. Getting quite a few maidens and tail Enders out cheaply!

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I must be the only one enjoying the patch… granted I haven’t yet batted, but it seems like the AI sixth ball slog is gone. They are playing much more sensibly and realistically on steam. Getting quite a few maidens and tail Enders out cheaply!
Ross tweeted just now that, hot fix have been released on steam, if possible can you confirm the changes it brings in that patch...

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross tweeted just now that, hot fix have been released on steam, if possible can you confirm the changes it brings in that patch...
animation flaw is fixd ,,,
Post automatically merged:

if with anyone game crashes please do validate ur files on steam .. mine never crashed ..

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW can you plz share ur thoughts for over powered slog shots as that were fine 3 patches before i think and since then max slog shot goes like golf shot and get caught irrespective of ideal or good timing.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
The patch is good, fixed quite a few things, but the batting glitch was pretty annoying. And if I understand correctly it was caused by a late inclusion for an issue -one user- had and wasn't tested properly because of its late inclusion. I find that bit quite odd, surely the greater community takes precedence over one user's problem. I may sound harsh but I just find that unusual.

D

Deleted member 185125

The patch is good, fixed quite a few things, but the batting glitch was pretty annoying. And if I understand correctly it was caused by a late inclusion for an issue -one user- had and wasn't tested properly because of its late inclusion. I find that bit quite odd, surely the greater community takes precedence over one user's problem. I may sound harsh but I just find that unusual.
Little Timmy I suppose.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Little Timmy I suppose.
I'm not mad, annoyed or anything. I just find it unusual, are we that small of a community that one user's issue can be so important to add in an un-tested fix. Just add a hot fix a day later with a quick test. Instead, the patch gets everyone annoyed, me included. I used to work for a game dev way back and I just find it an odd practice, that's all I'll say.

D

Deleted member 185125

I'm not mad, annoyed or anything. I just find it unusual, are we that small of a community that one user's issue can be so important to add in an un-tested fix. Just add a hot fix a day later with a quick test. Instead, the patch gets everyone annoyed, me included. I used to work for a game dev way back and I just find it an odd practice, that's all I'll say.
Totally agree with you.

angad

Chairman of Consent
So since the batting animation glitch is now resolved, can someone share the good stuff that’s come in with the patch please?

Users who are viewing this thread