Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

@MattW Cricket 22 as a game has a tremendous potential, as a fan as a customer I would like to know on a scale of 100% how much Cricket 22 has progressed as per BA team? Has all what is planned features, enhancements being implemented? How much percentage (we can expect) of the feature yet to be implemented?

2 months after the game release, Has the game achieved the stage/progress BA team intended to reach (as per the plans laid before the game release) ?
Dont u think that u have asked too many Qs in one post ? Ask same from Ross on twitter

very obv … how u forget its BA patch ….
Well it’s extremely annoying as was really enjoying batting pre this patch and now just switched PS4 off as you have no control over this shot and makes building an innings pointless

I doubt if that many people reported bugs for commentary to become the first priority for BA, they could have skipped a patch this week, what is the use of adding sky shots and crackers, this is for little timmy, he asked he got
I mean you still get fielders running over the ball, getting hit in the face with the ball and still telepoting over the boundary rope. Not Matts fault but Big Ant looks like have decided they have done enough for Cricket 22.

With this new patch, this is the most I've seen AI bowling fuller balls in this game (start of inns), Hazlewood was constantly asking questions around 4-5th stump and Starc was trying to get balls to angle in from over the wicket.. Those wide ones are when Starc decided to come around the wicket in the 8th over and trying inswingers to tempt me driving.

8 overs of decent Test bowling with the new ball. Surprisingly there were some balls in middle/leg stump too which I flicked for singles.
I hope they continue to work on AI lines especially on those wide shorter balls they bowl knowing we can't punish it with the lack of back foot cuts.

So far have managed to score 28 runs (4byes off one which took off nastily)
(Values for anyone interested - Legend AI - 85 bowl quality)

I also saw one dive where mid off divided, but it was just out of reach, felt genuine. Some progress is being worked on..

As someone else pointed out, there is now this weird slow-mo kinda delayed animation while batting and as far as I could see, mostly it happened on those balls which come around abdomen-chest region but also with other balls.
The feedback shows it as 'poor Ideal poor'..

This is similar to the already present instance where we just can't reach a wide off ball, the batsman would play this delayed animation and worst part is it'd not even be counted as wide, so its like this invincible ball if AI bowls, its a guaranteed dot ball.

Attachments

• 20220209222538_1.jpg
    20220209222538_1.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Fireworks >>>>>>> All other issues including unplayable fps in ps4. Well do it

No fielding improvements specially useless forward diving ….

Looks like LITTLE TIMMY wants better fireworks etc
So fire works and pyrodynamics are much more important than gameplay? Who asked fire works without improvement of the gameplay?

With this new patch, this is the most I've seen AI bowling fuller balls in this game (start of inns), Hazlewood was constantly asking questions around 4-5th stump and Starc was trying to get balls to angle in from over the wicket.. Those wide ones are when Starc decided to come around the wicket in the 8th over and trying inswingers to tempt me driving.

8 overs of decent Test bowling with the new ball. Surprisingly there were some balls in middle/leg stump too which I flicked for singles.
I hope they continue to work on AI lines especially on those wide shorter balls they bowl knowing we can't punish it with the lack of back foot cuts.

So far have managed to score 28 runs (4byes off one which took off nastily)
(Values for anyone interested - Legend AI - 85 bowl quality)

I also saw one dive where mid off divided, but it was just out of reach, felt genuine. Some progress is being worked on..

As someone else pointed out, there is now this weird slow-mo kinda delayed animation while batting and as far as I could see, mostly it happened on those balls which come around abdomen-chest region but also with other balls.

This is similar to the already present instance where we just can't reach a wide off ball, the batsman would play this delayed animation and worst part is it'd not even be counted as wide, so its like this invincible ball if AI bowls, its a guaranteed dot ball.
Start lofting and see how easy it is to score

So fire works and pyrodynamics are much more important than gameplay? Who asked fire works without improvement of the gameplay?
The devlopers didn't have enough work this week so might as well add fire crackers, they don't work on a bug unless a beautiful informative video is served to them on a plate where they can see bug, so might as well play with sky shots and whistling rockets.

This is absolutely insane, I'd say either lower AI slider values (Striker timing,RR) or if its already done, then ramp up your bowling values especially the bowling sensitivity if you're finding it hard to control the lines..
Well I had @Rumple43 v3 sliders for Australi. First innings was alright just the second one went dead. I could up the ideal window I suppose, give me a bit of a chance.

Well I had @Rumple43 v3 sliders for Australi. First innings was alright just the second one went dead. I could up the ideal window I suppose, give me a bit of a chance.
Have you reskilled your players, or are they just the base players that come on disc?

Also, people here are literally insane. The amount that some folk slag off Big Ant, then in their next post tag Matt and demand answer to something, then go straight back to slagging his company off, it's mad

Everyone gets frustrated, but just go back and read some of the posts over the last five pages. They're not cool guys, no matter how "game breaking" you think something is.

Guaranteed there's only one thing that will come of these types of posts, and it won't be a magic fix to the issues you're seeing in game.

Have you reskilled your players, or are they just the base players that come on disc?

Also, people here are literally insane. The amount that some folk slag off Big Ant, then in their next post tag Matt and demand answer to something, then go straight back to slagging his company off, it's mad

Everyone gets frustrated, but just go back and read some of the posts over the last five pages. They're not cool guys, no matter how "game breaking" you think something is.

Guaranteed there's only one thing that will come of these types of posts, and it won't be a magic fix to the issues you're seeing in game.

I was slagging anything off. Just observation really and somewhere to get opinion.

Not reskilled as I had already started my Ashes when it came up. That’s also something I will look at later on.

I was slagging anything off. Just observation really and somewhere to get opinion.

Not reskilled as I had already started my Ashes when it came up. That’s also something I will look at later on.
Sorry, should have been clearer with that one, my bad. I quoted you, then asked the question with the first line of my reply.

Everything after that was just general, wasn't aimed at you. I can see how it would have looked that way tho.

I've found that unedited players are just too powerful, though there's probably a number of reasons for this. Fingers crossed the AI is a bit more balanced for the rest of your tests :)

Sorry, should have been clearer with that one, my bad. I quoted you, then asked the question with the first line of my reply.

Everything after that was just general, wasn't aimed at you. I can see how it would have looked that way tho.

I've found that unedited players are just too powerful, though there's probably a number of reasons for this. Fingers crossed the AI is a bit more balanced for the rest of your tests :)
Thought it may of been after. Was confusing on first read. I think once the confidence went to bright green I had it.

Think I’ll change the ideal timing and just see how that pans out.

That sounds like quite an annoying issue :( Especially, imagine in limited overs. How often did this happen can you please give some rough number or percentage? I wonder if they'll release a hotfix for this...

Definitely wants a slow mo shot hotfix in next couple of days , can't wait another week without playing the game.

Btw AI also play that slow mo shot when the game decides the play and miss delivery. It's extremely annoying and immersion breaker for me

That sounds like quite an annoying issue :( Especially, imagine in limited overs. How often did this happen can you please give some rough number or percentage? I wonder if they'll release a hotfix for this...
It happens when the game decides the play n miss delivery for both user and AI.

Users who are viewing this thread