Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

The predictable scripted run rate and obligatory boundary per over is still there (even when you tweak run rates) so the game is still pointlessly unplayable.

But we've got fireworks. Great.

That sounds like quite an annoying issue :( Especially, imagine in limited overs. How often did this happen can you please give some rough number or percentage? I wonder if they'll release a hotfix for this...
It’s about every 10 deliveries or so , it’s a game breaker, just can’t bat for any length of time without it doing it , I was out twice with the weird slow mo animation thing, just turned my PS4 off rather than break it out of frustration

Hey All - been a long time.
I wanted to just come on and clear a couple of things up.
1. We are working on the cut shot issue - I would like to give a PC build to some people on a branch tomorrow - IF you are interested in checking this out and giving feedback - I'll give access to the first five people that DM me.
2. I know it's frustrating seeing patch notes and wondering why certain things are on the list - please remember that we have a studio of people and each has a set of specific skills, which means as we do more patches, smaller things get added - this will continue to happen. But we are working on the bigger things as well.

Thanks.

Hey All - been a long time.
I wanted to just come on and clear a couple of things up.
1. We are working on the cut shot issue - I would like to give a PC build to some people on a branch tomorrow - IF you are interested in checking this out and giving feedback - I'll give access to the first five people that DM me.
2. I know it's frustrating seeing patch notes and wondering why certain things are on the list - please remember that we have a studio of people and each has a set of specific skills, which means as we do more patches, smaller things get added - this will continue to happen. But we are working on the bigger things as well.

Thanks.
Thanks for the update Mike, i'd drop you a DM but I feel guys like who were in the old Beta teams should be the ones to test this.

@MattW has the spacing between names and numbers on kits been looked at yet? I know you mentioned it was acknowledged but wondering if any more has been done.
Should be improved in next week's update.

@MattW How is Improved Commentary on the top priority list?
The audio team working on improvements to sound and commentary don't pull resources away from gameplay or other aspects, so for the people working on sound, yes it's one of their top priorities to improve the audio in the game.

So fire works and pyrodynamics are much more important than gameplay? Who asked fire works without improvement of the gameplay?
The art team working on a special effect doesn't take away from people working on gameplay. It was always planned to be included, it is coming this late because other things with higher priority pushed it down. For a recent example, things like the lighting improvements in the previous patch went ahead of it.

I'd certainly argue though that fireworks/pyro are absolutely part of cricket and having a complete representation of the shorter forms of the sport, but precisely because it wasn't top priority it has landed in a patch a few months after release, rather than pushing something else out to ensure they were there at release.

There's still a significant amount of work being done on performance on the previous gen consoles, but that didn't make it this week. Fireworks/pyro take place only during non-active gameplay moments, so aren't an impact on gameplay framerate.

@MattW I raised 8575 re declaration not showing on score card. Is this able to be looked at?
I know it's noted, don't have an eta yet.

Not Matts fault but Big Ant looks like have decided they have done enough for Cricket 22.
Pretty much the full studio is still working exclusively on updates, improvements and new additions to Cricket 22, there is plenty more to come, there's absolutely not a sense that we have "done enough".

@MattW @mikeymerren. Are you able to confirm if improvements are coming to career mode in a future patch? Cheers
Yes - career remains an area where more work will be done on improvements.

The audio team working on improvements to sound and commentary don't pull resources away from gameplay or other aspects, so for the people working on sound, yes it's one of their top priorities to improve the audio in the game.

The art team working on a special effect doesn't take away from people working on gameplay. It was always planned to be included, it is coming this late because other things with higher priority pushed it down. For a recent example, things like the lighting improvements in the previous patch went ahead of it.

I'd certainly argue though that fireworks/pyro are absolutely part of cricket and having a complete representation of the shorter forms of the sport, but precisely because it wasn't top priority it has landed in a patch a few months after release, rather than pushing something else out to ensure they were there at release.

There's still a significant amount of work being done on performance on the previous gen consoles, but that didn't make it this week. Fireworks/pyro take place only during non-active gameplay moments, so aren't an impact on gameplay framerate.

Pretty much the full studio is still working exclusively on updates, improvements and new additions to Cricket 22, there is plenty more to come, there's absolutely not a sense that we have "done enough".

That's great news, thanks for the reply. You're doing a great job and really appreciate your communication skills

The predictable scripted run rate and obligatory boundary per over is still there (even when you tweak run rates) so the game is still pointlessly unplayable.

But we've got fireworks. Great.
Unreal hey
We still have the scripted run rate that usually goes something like this
But we have fireworks
Fan....tas.........tic

Thank you for explaining everything to us very patiently. But let me ask you something. It has been more than 2 months after the release of a full priced game and people are still relying on weekly patches to play for a night or two. Still we have to play with certain game breaking issues. Motionless wicketkeeper, Frame rate issues and broken shots are indeed game breaking for the hardcore fans of the game. BA support page shows a status update on frame rate issue was supposed to be out by mid January or so. But in my opinion the frame rate hasn’t improved a bit in custom stadiums and they haven’t updated anything on it too. I believe an approximate ETA for certain issues in the game can keep the fans happy even if the fix is a few weeks away. At least we will know what to expect and what not in the game.

I apologize for having to say these things to you. To be honest yesterday’s patch made me angry more than disappointed. Ross would have blocked me on twitter before finish reading this. I felt like I should say this and I am not meaning to be rude. I am just disappointed and frustrated with the fact that I spent my hard earned money on this. I know with the patches you guys are fixing issues, but we spent money on December 2nd to play on December 2nd and not on April 2nd. Again I am deeply sorry if I sounded rude.

Thanks for the reply and you are doing nice job MattW

Users who are viewing this thread