Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Most sensible post I have seen on here! These are are vital tweaks that are needed that stopped 19 from being brilliant
wow, i said a similar thing pages ago and Dutch was like "We shouldn't judge the whole game based on few screenshots".

I mean, i understand the sentiment of not being presumptuous as anyone else, however remember DBC14's press releases even talked about A.I, and how it was a rehaul, because it was. Now, I'd not be so skeptical if Cricket 22's press release would have any mention of improved/enhanced/overhauled/reworked/redone A.I/Physics/Gameplay. And the fact it's not mentioned seems to me a clear indication of developer's priorities for this release.

Business-wise, i'd say it's a smart choice since us "simulation" fans are in the minority. but still.

TLDR: I AM SKEPTICAL AND SCARED GUYS:(

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
After playing 45 mins of it, don't be worried. Graphics are fine and a step up from C19, few frame dips but it's an unfinished build. I love the smoothness of animations and Jimmy's action in game is enough to give it GOTY
Can you give us a bit of info about the aftertouch? Can you choose an outswing delivery but then angle to the right to make it an inswinger?

kashan123999

30 minutes of gameplay, not even a single edge. Given it's a "pre-release", I hope that is not an indication of lack of actual ball physics in the game

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Can you give us a bit of info about the aftertouch? Can you choose an outswing delivery but then angle to the right to make it an inswinger?
From what I have seen so far simply put initial stick movement decides where you wanna pitch and the aftertouch decides where you want to ball to end up..

I made a video today on it.. Might not be right but just my assumption on it.. Posted it with the time where I talk about this..

Note: This is not the gameplay I have played , this is just my analysis from what I saw in the reddit video posted..

kashan123999

Honestly, I'd apologize (ON TWITTER?) for all my skeptic-posting, if the original November release has:

1. An Actual ball physics engine (realistic stroke play, edges, bounce, pitch variation)
2. Half-decent A.I where I feel rewarded getting it out, having bowled in the right areas.
3. Collision Detection

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Twitch saved the VOD of the stream if anyone missed it (or wants to see the horrific frame rate in pro camera again)
Batting looks very nice. Shots are better and mainly the one stepping down and trashing it over long off... So beautiful. Pull shots are looking way better and I just want to see if there is slog sweep that can go for a six :p

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Twitch saved the VOD of the stream if anyone missed it (or wants to see the horrific frame rate in pro camera again)
Pro controls looks dificult for u thats why u changed that fast but am gona love pro it will more realistic to play

Etto

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What Xbox were you playing on? Old Gen or Current Gen?

Users who are viewing this thread