Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I want to change Tom Latham's batting against spin bowling proficiency to more than one star. Why can I not do this? @blockerdave @WealeyH @wasteyouryouth

Actually I cannot change any of his batting proficiencies...

I cannot change things like Neil Wagner's bowling proficiencies.. Is there something up with the academy?

Last edited:

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Game is beautiful on PS5 man. Xbox players surely will get then most recent and fine tuned version . It's inevitable but takes time.
Uhm there is a difference b/w beautiful and likable. The game can still look nice but the gameplay would not match how the game looks in terms of graphics. I'm not saying C22 isn't beautiful neither denying that it's one of a bad release from BA for a while. Again PS5s version is just good in terms of graphics. There is a lot to fix in this game and it's just playable atm. Nothing lesser or better :)

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Playing on PS4 after the latest patch

The Good
1. Player mentality really do exist. I am playing career mode as an Indian player who got selected for my state. Currently in List A match (Kerala vs Mumbai), we were bowling first. Pritvi Shaw and Y Jaiswal were the opening batsman at their. It was a flat wicket and Shaw was slamming my bowlers all around the park. While our bowlers were able to keep Jaiswal under the hook the other one slammed a 200 in 140 odd balls like in real life. The risks Shaw was taking comparing a Jaiswal was way more.

2. Fielding is massively improved. Fielders are coordinating well between them to save runs and pick up balls before the boundary.

3. Sliders are working really well. I have separate sliders for every format and game type. With my skills and my understand of cricket, I was able to get varied results for matches with the below
View attachment 259786

4. Bowling with after touch : Really adds a lot of difference and variety to bowling. Was able to get some really unplayable balls and get wickets.
5. Smart AI - AI was playing same balls into different regions based on my field placements

The BAD - (must be covered by now by many others)
1. Offside batting - not explaining further
2. AI Field placements

3. Easy runs scored on leg side
4. caught and bowled by fast bowlers and spinners basically not even flinching when ball comes back at them.
5. Random edges
6. No-balls for height even when the ball is not short enough to be called a no-ball

But all in all, game seems to be in a way better shape than it got released. I am really sorry for the Xbox users and hoping all of can enjoy the
game which is more improved atleast by jan 2022”

View attachment 259787 Haha Quote
by Jan 2022.

Happy Christmas in advance.
I'll definitely give this a go , what Max / Min bowling speeds are you using ?
Playing on PS4 after the latest patch

The Good
1. Player mentality really do exist. I am playing career mode as an Indian player who got selected for my state. Currently in List A match (Kerala vs Mumbai), we were bowling first. Pritvi Shaw and Y Jaiswal were the opening batsman at their. It was a flat wicket and Shaw was slamming my bowlers all around the park. While our bowlers were able to keep Jaiswal under the hook the other one slammed a 200 in 140 odd balls like in real life. The risks Shaw was taking comparing a Jaiswal was way more.

2. Fielding is massively improved. Fielders are coordinating well between them to save runs and pick up balls before the boundary.

3. Sliders are working really well. I have separate sliders for every format and game type. With my skills and my understand of cricket, I was able to get varied results for matches with the below
View attachment 259786

4. Bowling with after touch : Really adds a lot of difference and variety to bowling. Was able to get some really unplayable balls and get wickets.
5. Smart AI - AI was playing same balls into different regions based on my field placements

The BAD - (must be covered by now by many others)
1. Offside batting - not explaining further
2. AI Field placements

3. Easy runs scored on leg side
4. caught and bowled by fast bowlers and spinners basically not even flinching when ball comes back at them.
5. Random edges
6. No-balls for height even when the ball is not short enough to be called a no-ball

But all in all, game seems to be in a way better shape than it got released. I am really sorry for the Xbox users and hoping all of can enjoy the
game which is more improved atleast by jan 2022”

View attachment 259787 Haha Quote
by Jan 2022.

Happy Christmas in advance.
Thanks for this , I’ll give these settings a go , what max / min pace bowling are you using , I’m still struggling to get pacers to feel life like ?

johanna

School Cricketer

Thanks for this , I’ll give these settings a go , what max / min pace bowling are you using , I’m still struggling to get pacers to feel life like ?
I don't have the answers you are looking for, but just curious why you have quoted the same guy for the same post and asked the same questions twice in the same post?

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans

I don't touch any other sliders apart from this.
Post automatically merged:

This one definitely feels life like. May be its my poor batting skills. But I'm enjoying the game at the moment. There is enough variation from AI for me to score runs, play and miss, edge and see variety dismissals.

max2002

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I want to change Tom Latham's batting against spin bowling proficiency to more than one star. Why can I not do this? @blockerdave @WealeyH @wasteyouryouth

Actually I cannot change any of his batting proficiencies...

I cannot change things like Neil Wagner's bowling proficiencies.. Is there something up with the academy?
He's a NZ licensed player so you can't modify him. Same goes for Australia, England, Ireland, West Indies, BBL and CPL players

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
They were doing the warm up before the match in previous patches. Unless it's a different one
Yeah, the warm ups are dreadful, have you seen where players from each team throw the ball to each other! Can see it now, big Ashes contest, but there’s Steve Smith playing catch with Buttler and Root haha

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Patch notes discussion isnt taking much time with xbox uk ….

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I'm not so bothered by the AI pulling balls from so far outside off stump...though it would be nice if this induced the chance of more errors (inside edge onto stumps, leading edge popping up for a chance of a catch) rather than whistled to the boundary every time. I'm more bothered by the ability to leave the ball with impunity no matter whether a top-class batter or a tailender. The fact that the AI can leave any ball that isn't going to hit the wicket...no matter how close it gets...is really frustrating and makes bowling a tight line on the stumps irrelevant. The AI cannot leave a ball that would hit the stumps (despite this being something that is not entirely rare in real life) but since it knows whether or not it will hit, it can leave everything it chooses. This removes a whole bowling strategy.
This is one of the aspects of test cricket that has been missing from all the previous iterations as well.
Till date I've never got an AI batsmen out by shoulder arms.
They just know when to leave.
In real cricket no matter how good a batsmen is playing, if the bowler bowls a ball that pitches on off stump and seams away from him he should either be missing it or nicking it but he cant leave it bcoz as a batsmen you see the line of the ball coming in on your stumps so you have to play at that and if it seams or swings away, the ball will beat you
Then it depends on your stance whether you nick it to keeper or the edge goes to slip or the edge falls short.
But in game AI never plays shots acc to line of the ball
they just know where the ball is gonna swing or seam once it pitches

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Enjoying the bbl al is using the second power play quite tactically and also going for their shots getting out in all manners like you would expect. It has a good feel to it.Sure there is the odd fielding glitch but its rare now.Al fielding seems better as well batting we know the issues but again I think its improved over the patches the commentary is a bit of a lost cause If you cross when you are caught out the commentor thinks the batter at the crease is the new batsman for example

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I don't have the answers you are looking for, but just curious why you have quoted the same guy for the same post and asked the same questions twice in the same post?
Probably because I'm an idiot and was trying to multi task , thank you for pointing out my error

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
This is one of the aspects of test cricket that has been missing from all the previous iterations as well.
Till date I've never got an AI batsmen out by shoulder arms.
They just know when to leave.
In real cricket no matter how good a batsmen is playing, if the bowler bowls a ball that pitches on off stump and seams away from him he should either be missing it or nicking it but he cant leave it bcoz as a batsmen you see the line of the ball coming in on your stumps so you have to play at that and if it seams or swings away, the ball will beat you
Then it depends on your stance whether you nick it to keeper or the edge goes to slip or the edge falls short.
But in game AI never plays shots acc to line of the ball
they just know where the ball is gonna swing or seam once it pitches

I remember in Cricket 07 on a green track you could place a delivery way outside off and sometimes it would seam in and lbw or bowl the batsmen leaving... Was beautiful

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok that what m saying since first day that with game we must buy ps5 or BAS mentioned its for ps5.

just fyi all this hassle with xbox UK is for day1 patch as confirmed by Ross so when next patches test or release, thats as simple when u tired of walk in childhood and ur uncle/father said we are almost done as need to do walk till that light and that light later u come to know trucks light
https://twitter.com/RossSymons?ref_...mons2Fstatus2F1473140129992613888widget=Tweet
Untitled.png

Users who are viewing this thread