Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think it would be generally more helpful to be more specific in a smaller number of tickets - I'm sure many people feel like you're getting an automated response, but I can assure you it's not, but that equally means if you're putting in multiple separate tickets a day - giving you an answer on each one adds a lot of time compared to reading it and passing on the message if it's the first report of something.

As a general answer on those from a skim I did - fielding absolutely is an area needing a lot of work - most of that is now well documented, and it just is a matter of working through the individual aspects leading to the poor outcomes. I personally spent quite a chunk of today on working through with a programmer on the running between wickets issues that have popped up, it shouldn't be too long before an update that improves those significantly is available.

The majority of the rest seem to fall into requests, which it's very hard to give any more of an answer than to tell you they are noted.

thanks a lot at-least someone gives hope that fixing is in right direction. Just need your 2 mins more if you have a look on below few annoying BUGS (ticket already shared for same) other than fielding & running issues

- Straight slog shots are not realistic and with ideal timing it act like golf shot and get catch inside inner circle. this started happening after latest patch i.e. with v1576 at xbox1x.
- Overthrows lead to 4s are back as well
- Game crash has started again if batsman made 50 and after over is ended.
- Bowling sliders has no impact on AI gameplay, AI looks more scripted that to score 200 at-least at hardest match difficulty whatever bowling slider setting is (scenario: AI is batting and human is bowling)

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I think it would be generally more helpful to be more specific in a smaller number of tickets - I'm sure many people feel like you're getting an automated response, but I can assure you it's not, but that equally means if you're putting in multiple separate tickets a day - giving you an answer on each one adds a lot of time compared to reading it and passing on the message if it's the first report of something.

As a general answer on those from a skim I did - fielding absolutely is an area needing a lot of work - most of that is now well documented, and it just is a matter of working through the individual aspects leading to the poor outcomes. I personally spent quite a chunk of today on working through with a programmer on the running between wickets issues that have popped up, it shouldn't be too long before an update that improves those significantly is available.

The majority of the rest seem to fall into requests, which it's very hard to give any more of an answer than to tell you they are noted.
There seems to be an issue with the match type designer in the game. It’s there from the beginning.
I can’t add powerplays while making a new match type. A lot of people have already submitted tickets about it.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
thanks a lot at-least someone gives hope that fixing is in right direction. Just need your 2 mins more if you have a look on below few annoying BUGS (ticket already shared for same) other than fielding & running issues

- Straight slog shots are not realistic and with ideal timing it act like golf shot and get catch inside inner circle. this started happening after latest patch i.e. with v1576 at xbox1x.
- Overthrows lead to 4s are back as well
- Game crash has started again if batsman made 50 and after over is ended.
- Bowling sliders has no impact on AI gameplay, AI looks more scripted that to score 200 at-least at hardest match difficulty whatever bowling slider setting is (scenario: AI is batting and human is bowling)
I mean the run rate slider works
But in a very different way

If I have run rate set to 50 in a T10 game, they’ll slog a lot and get 130 runs

If I have run rate set to 20 they’ll play proper cricketing shots for most of the innings and slog a lot in the end.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
There seems to be an issue with the match type designer in the game. It’s there from the beginning.
I can’t add powerplays while making a new match type. A lot of people have already submitted tickets about it.
I'd like to echo that this has been there right from the start. The Match Type Designer is quite buggy in particular when designing shorter limited overs games and trying to add powerplays.

To everyone else who's tried the new patch, does it get rid of the "cancel run and get both batsmen at one end" bug?

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I'd like to echo that this has been there right from the start. The Match Type Designer is quite buggy in particular when designing shorter limited overs games and trying to add powerplays.

To everyone else who's tried the new patch, does it get rid of the "cancel run and get both batsmen at one end" bug?
There’s another issue as well.
When you’re picking a stump sponsor (generic one, for example Pace) the coloured and the non coloured version of the stumps are same. No matter what you pick, the match will have the non coloured version.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Overcast weather is gone after recent update on PS5. It's always Sunny even if we choose Spring/Reduced. I know some users repeatedly asked for always Sunny conditions. They must have been satisfied now. Overcast weather is gone from the game similar to C19. Good progress. I raised ticket regarding this

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Overcast weather is gone after recent update on PS5. It's always Sunny even if we choose Spring/Reduced. I know some users repeatedly asked for always Sunny conditions. They must have been satisfied now. Overcast weather is gone from the game similar to C19. Good progress. I raised ticket regarding this

It was better when we could choose the clouds in C19

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I mean the run rate slider works
But in a very different way

If I have run rate set to 50 in a T10 game, they’ll slog a lot and get 130 runs

If I have run rate set to 20 they’ll play proper cricketing shots for most of the innings and slog a lot in the end.
i will try today after set 20 run rate ...

but most annoying things for me at moment after last patch are unrealistic straight slog shots, overthrows, all of sudden AI forget to field or catch and game crash if bastman makes 50.

i wish if they fix these issues or give an option of roll back last patch then that would be awesome.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Anyone used style 6 batting with the new update? The animation is way different. Shots look the same but the initial stance is very different.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How to play advance grounded shots on arcade mode?

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey mate, submitted a ticket over a month ago regarding some issues any chance you could have a look?

Career - leg spinner but nets training it changes me to a pace bowler.

Keeps crashing since I made it to ODI WC final, apparently I’ll get a request from PlayStation for my save data?

Academy - squad sizes limited to 35… impossible to fit each player in when you want Test, ODI, T20 line ups all accurate. 50 should be the max imo.

Can’t edit licensed players personality’s/ some proficiencies. These revert as soon as you restart game, meaning overalls and stats are all over the place.

Makes the career mode teams unrealistic eg Uzzie Khawaja and Marnus Labuschagne both weren’t being selected for QLD as they’re both set as top orders so until I moved to opener I had to deal with watching them and Michael Neser cry in 12th man duties haha.

Can’t change jersey numbers, it’d be sweet if they were all correct but Joe Burns, Quinton de Kock etc to name a few are all wrong.

Can’t set a players fielding position to mid on/mid off.

cheers mate, hoping you guys can save my career.
I've had the same issue with changes I've made to the licenced players personality resetting each time I restart the game.

Also, as far as no mid off/on fielding position available to be assigned to players 1st, 2nd, or 3rd fielding positions it is there however it is incorrectly named as the wicket-keeping postion which means there are two wicket-keeping postions, one which is the real one and the other that also says wicket-keeping but the description is actually that of the mid off/on position.

@MattW

Users who are viewing this thread