Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Is the game PS5 only or coming out on xbox and PC?

The fact that they are not asking pre orders money nor hyping it at all it means they are confident about their product selling it self through word of mouth, pretty sure it will be a good game in the end.

Or if the product is hopeless replica of cricket 22 then Sony wouldn’t have taken a risk and associated their brand with an inferior product.

Its Sony India. They know the bundle will sell pretty well during the World Cup regardless of the marketing.

The fact that they are not asking pre orders money nor hyping it at all it means they are confident about their product selling it self through word of mouth, pretty sure it will be a good game in the end.

Or if the product is hopeless replica of cricket 22 then Sony wouldn’t have taken a risk and associated their brand with an inferior product.

This is an extraordinary level of hopium oh my.

Don't know if anyone has posted about this:

But the ODI team rating:

England overall 81, New Zealand 83 and Australia 85.

Not sure how these rankings are calculated - I wonder if is based on an accumulation/average of the players in the XI. Is there a Chemistry-level component to it (ala FIFA)? Do the Batting, Bowling and Feilding ratings come in to the calculation of calculting the overall rating?

For me 81 for England seems a little low - (how can they have 85 batting, 91 bowling, 88 feilding and the overall rating for them be 81)

Maybe I am mis-interpreting or over-analysing this?

1696359732446.png1696359762850.png1696359797860.png

Don't know if anyone has posted about this:

But the ODI team rating:

England overall 81, New Zealand 83 and Australia 85.

Not sure how these rankings are calculated - I wonder if is based on an accumulation/average of the players in the XI. Is there a Chemistry-level component to it (ala FIFA)? Do the Batting, Bowling and Feilding ratings come in to the calculation of calculting the overall rating?

For me 81 for England seems a little low - (how can they have 85 batting, 91 bowling, 88 feilding and the overall rating for them be 81)

Maybe I am mis-interpreting or over-analysing this?

View attachment 284355View attachment 284356View attachment 284357
If I recall correctly OVR is based on the test match XI.

So, it's still surprising that the Ashes winners, and team who pumped New Zealand, are rated lower.

Not that I think it's remotely far to compare this to any Big Ant game, but Sony once put this on their official Playstation Youtube.

It took public backlash and the game to literally not run for Sony to pull Cyberpunk off the PS4 and issue refunds. This was despite them hyping the game up on their side too before release.

I wouldn't put too much stock into Sony's promotions. All it means is that the game will run functionally.

They even listened to my begging for more bat/pad catches.
remember the good old days, some people from this forum was involved in testing the game. I wonder why BA never wanted to do that again

Not sure what anyone is complaining about. Graphically it looks good, proper pads and gloves is a good addition.

I just never understand why every year people expect games like this , FIFA, NBA etc to be completely different, the base game is always virtually the same with a few tweaks if you don't like that just don't buy the game. Aside from a few licensed leagues there is no real new modes in cricket since the Hundred got added in last time. Perhaps if they have the IPL auction and the Big Bash draft might be a good touch.

Time will tell with gameplay but I was pretty happy with 22, for some reason though I feel like a couple of shots like the pull shot in particular looked different compared to when it first released... They just need to resolve the run out / throw with opposite hand bug and the overpowered spinners and frequency of bat pad catches.

The most dissapointing thing from my aspect was the menu / hud displays they look virtually unchanhed. It would have been the easiest way to freshen up the game and make it look/feel new.

Hopefully pitch conditions and injuries play a part. I have never once seen a player injured and miss a game whether its in a competition or tour mode. I know on the new AFL game they have players miss games through injury hopefully this time around we see some injuries. It was annoying if you were playing a world cup or T20 comp etc and the lineups always stayed the same

Not sure what anyone is complaining about. Graphically it looks good, proper pads and gloves is a good addition.

I just never understand why every year people expect games like this , FIFA, NBA etc to be completely different, the base game is always virtually the same with a few tweaks if you don't like that just don't buy the game. Aside from a few licensed leagues there is no real new modes in cricket since the Hundred got added in last time. Perhaps if they have the IPL auction and the Big Bash draft might be a good touch.

Time will tell with gameplay but I was pretty happy with 22, for some reason though I feel like a couple of shots like the pull shot in particular looked different compared to when it first released... They just need to resolve the run out / throw with opposite hand bug and the overpowered spinners and frequency of bat pad catches.

The most dissapointing thing from my aspect was the menu / hud displays they look virtually unchanhed. It would have been the easiest way to freshen up the game and make it look/feel new.

Hopefully pitch conditions and injuries play a part. I have never once seen a player injured and miss a game whether its in a competition or tour mode. I know on the new AFL game they have players miss games through injury hopefully this time around we see some injuries. It was annoying if you were playing a world cup or T20 comp etc and the lineups always stayed the same

If you’d bothered to read through the complaints you would know people are unhappy about and complaining for.

Users who are viewing this thread