Cricket 24 - General Discussion

There is a marketing strategy in which during your initial marketing you make the product seem significantly worse than it is whereby at introduction of the product people tend to over-exaggerate the actual difference thus making the product seem better than it is.

Not saying this is the case here but it is a widely used strategy in certain domains.

Last edited:
Mate David Warner, a fully fledged licensed player comes out to bat right-handed and his playing partner has stats more than four years old....in their offical dev diary ' showcase'.........
I still remember getting run out by a direct hit from midwicket against West Indies on 22.

It was by a right handed batter who pick up and threw with his left, because the ball was to his left. Go figure.

That can get in the bin.

I still remember getting run out by a direct hit from midwicket against West Indies on 22.

It was by a right handed batter who pick up and threw with his left, because the ball was to his left. Go figure.

That can get in the bin.
Was playing some DBC 14 today: the fielder grabs the ball with the correct hand and swivels round to throw it back .......really enjoyed batting on DBC 14: a real challenge to pierce the fielding which had issues but not as many or as obvious as now 5(!!!!!) iterations later.

Was playing some DBC 14 today: the fielder grabs the ball with the correct hand and swivels round to throw it back .......really enjoyed batting on DBC 14: a real challenge to pierce the fielding which had issues but not as many or as obvious as now 5(!!!!!) iterations later.
They could have built it with DBC14 engine with new animations and graphical update. I really love how DBC14 was and still love it till date.

There is a marketing strategy in which during your initial marketing you make the product seem significantly worse than it is whereby at introduction of the product people tend to over-exaggerate the actual difference thus making the product seem better than it is.

Not saying this is the case here but it is a widely used strategy in certain domains.

Doesn't meet expectations but is better than presumed to be = could work but very risky.

I assume it wouldn’t work in gaming because if someone’s first impression of the game is “meh”, then they simply move on to other games.

I assume it wouldn’t work in gaming because if someone’s first impression of the game is “meh”, then they simply move on to other games.

I don't know how well it will work with this one. I LOVE any cricket game.

But even I'm thinking well if it's pretty much the same then what's the point? What am I getting?

I can play a fully customized 22 with my sliders and have just a good a game?

What's the selling point at the moment? Licenses.. but I kind of already have that.

I don't know how well it will work with this one. I LOVE any cricket game.

But even I'm thinking well if it's pretty much the same then what's the point? What am I getting?

I can play a fully customized 22 with my sliders and have just a good a game?

What's the selling point at the moment? Licenses.. but I kind of already have that.

It’s telling that they haven’t put out anything related to gameplay till now and their only dev diary till date was on licenses which is something dev diaries aren’t meant for at all.

It’s telling that they haven’t put out anything related to gameplay till now and their only dev diary till date was on licenses which is something dev diaries aren’t meant for at all.

However NACON games are always like this. I feel for Big Ant I feel like they are almost handcuffed. Stretched to the max.

I feel like NACON get you working on a small budget. Cobble something together then churn out the games.

It feels like before it was a labour of love. A real love for the sport. The acquisition of the Don Bradman name and a want to replicate the game we all love.

remember the good old days, some people from this forum was involved in testing the game. I wonder why BA never wanted to do that again

Good point , could work for niche product with long time sales cycle but still a risky option , cricket 24 pretty much fit in this category

The fact that they are not asking pre orders money nor hyping it at all it means they are confident about their product selling it self through word of mouth, pretty sure it will be a good game in the end.

Or if the product is hopeless replica of cricket 22 then Sony wouldn’t have taken a risk and associated their brand with an inferior product.

Users who are viewing this thread