Cricket 24 - General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Pausing there at the end of the session. So, a whole session batted - and a custom match long session too, so best part of 40 overs.

AI fields better, there's more smoothness in the batting and bowling animations. That's it for me in terms of positives.

Left-armers over the wicket to a right hander seem to bowl a slightly better line, but still too easy to milk them on the leg-side. scoring in general seems way too easy.

There is not a single element of sound in the game that reaches even the heights of barely acceptable, and it kills the immersion. The stadium announcer is nearly silent, the in-game player chat has been removed, the crowd is incredibly unresponsive to events (there was one cheer for a diving stop, I think). Commentary is bizarre - Gower is on the whole time, Atherton is in 99% of the time and then Ian Healy or Alison Mitchell will speak with Gower for 1 over then Athers is back. Mitchell has more or less just been given Athers' lines to copy - so much for the hullaballo Ross makes about equality and the women's games being included, can't be arsed giving the female commentator her own lines.

The gameplay is alright, so far. Like I say the scoring is too easy and the left armer is still too easy to milk and the leg-spinners still bowl wides. It's annoying that they didn't touch so much of the gameplay... this is all so half-assed. You can see with the scorecard that came up at the end of the session, and the bowler and batsmen score bits that come up during the session, they started to change the hud and gave up half-way through.

A decent game, but zero reason to buy if you have c22, probably even c19

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just reading some of the BA community manager responses to reviews on steam; he actually calls the new overhauled fielding in fact to be an attempt to fix bugged fielding mechanics from the previous game. You cant make this up.

So that’s your back of the box feature: we tried to fix bugs from the previous game that we should have fixed but didn’t or couldn’t and still can’t but this time you pay for it again.

Thankfully though from all accounts the bugged fielding is smoother.

As a cricket gaming community we should be calling this out even if we are pissing into the wind.

Last edited:

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AI fields better, there's more smoothness in the batting and bowling animations. That's it for me in terms of positives.

Do they? I've been playing on PS4 (I have heard different platforms have different patch versions) and honestly, I don't really think so - they keep sidestepping when you hit past them. Quite often you can take an easy 2 when you hit the ball directly to the fielder in the deep. There are easy singles all around the wicket as the fielder seems to throw the slowest loopiest throw back to the keeper.

Plus, if you hit the ball directly to backward point, it's an easy single every time. They collect and throw the ball back to the bowler (who is in the middle of the pitch), never try and run out the batter at either end.

And a few times, the ball comes to the keeper and I'm out of my crease and he seems to forget there is a game going on - waits for 2 seconds which means I get back into the crease and then breaks the stumps.

Maybe it's just me - but consistently I've found the Feilding to be lackluster and breaks the immersiveness.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It is the sound for me...it just makes me wanna turn off the game immediately after I start. I am glad not everyone is experiencing the issue, but for me the bat on ball sound is non existent for 90% of the time.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Do they? I've been playing on PS4 (I have heard different platforms have different patch versions) and honestly, I don't really think so - they keep sidestepping when you hit past them. Quite often you can take an easy 2 when you hit the ball directly to the fielder in the deep. There are easy singles all around the wicket as the fielder seems to throw the slowest loopiest throw back to the keeper.

Plus, if you hit the ball directly to backward point, it's an easy single every time. They collect and throw the ball back to the bowler (who is in the middle of the pitch), never try and run out the batter at either end.

And a few times, the ball comes to the keeper and I'm out of my crease and he seems to forget there is a game going on - waits for 2 seconds which means I get back into the crease and then breaks the stumps.

Maybe it's just me - but consistently I've found the Feilding to be lackluster and breaks the immersiveness.
There’s instances of that for sure. But it’s reduced significantly I think. I didn’t play c22 for a while so
I might be wrong

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Well I’ve just spent 2 hours on C24 and an hour straight after on C22 and apart from a couple of new shot animations on 24 I’m enjoying 22 much more. The lighting in particular looks miles better on 22 and the player sounds on pitch make a big difference I’ll give them another 12 days to patch it out or my refund is going in. How has this happened?

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There is no flow to the crowd noise. Sometimes it's just a constant buzz with no ups and downs even when there is a boundary or wicket. Sometimes out of the blue there is loud cheer.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
One thing I will say. And it's purely my opinion. But the licensing makes no difference to my experience.

If anything it just restricts what I can do. I had developed a pretty good system with tweaking stats and now that's more limited to an extent.

It certainly doesn't enhance the game sadly for me. But I can appreciate it may do for many others.

But with that being said as I have said before the game already was basically licensed because of the academy.

South Africa isn't licensed but I know I can go to the academy and get an excellent version of them from one of the legends in here.

Users who are viewing this thread