Cricket 24 - General Discussion

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Has Anyone tried India or Pakistan Career mode ? Is there any changes atleast in Names of Club players are they Are still same like previous titles (Mixture of Western and Asian names like Ali Micheal and Rohit Watson type names)
Since 90% of this game has been a copy/paste from C22... fromC19... from Ashes 17 etc... my guess is it's highly unlikely that the names of club players have changed. South African club player names are the same unrealistic names as every other game. I actually compiled a list of names/surnames of my latest club league players in C22 and out of the 66 players I've found about 7 name/surname combinations that sound accurate, the rest are... just plain weird, to put it nicely.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Can't have Say Jhah as a standing umpire without Rambo Raja at square leg.

View attachment 284803
Again we ask, why do we need all the licenses? Top class work this. BA should have spent all their time improving the game and they should have left this tyoe of work in the capable hands of the pro's we have here in the community. We'll done mate.

graham

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sales are definitely going to be down ,this will hurt big ant ,cricket was definitely the game that sold the best for them,maybe they ll learn.
They can't learn

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well, I finished my test match. As ever with me, it was a retro affair, using my England and Pakistan 87/88 teams, copied over from C22 academy with no edits.

Medium, dry/dusty pitch with light cracks.
I won the toss and batted and made 328. Their reply was 245. I made 260 2nd inns and they finished 257 to give me an 86 run win. The chase was good, 3 batsmen hit 50s plus there was a 40 and a 30.They lost their first wicket run out without scoring and I thought this might be a harum scarum chase with dumb running and then they had a 95-run 2nd wicket partnership where I thought the invincible 4th inns AI was back... until they collapsed from 95-1 to 109-5, with 2 wickets in 2 balls (actually 3 edges in 3 balls but I butchered the first) and another run-out next over, but they still had good batsmen at the crease and to come. Once Akram was out though, the tail opened up.

Gameplay wise, honestly it was mostly pretty decent. The spin was not overpowered - my spinners got match figures of 11-245 in 92.3 overs of bowling. My seamers got 7-253 in 68.4 overs plus the 2 runouts in the 2nd inns. More importantly, I bowled with a short leg the whole time for spinners, and got only 3 catches there, plus 1 at silly point. I had impressive wicket variety, and a few of them felt natural: a set batsman getting bowled 1st ball after drinks... 2 in swingers down the legside, then the third better directed and castling a tailender, that sort of thing.

I think ratings might matter more in this than the other games - my spinners will be heavily toned down from c22 ratings, I think. And as I mentioned earlier I said the batting seems harder with lower rated players and I stand by that. I think it felt harder to bowl accurately with lower rated bowlers, too. Though my lowest rated bowler was a medium pacer and I'm always crap with them. In my 1st inns (and remember my 6,7,8 was Capel, Defraitas, Emburey) I was 249 when my 4th wicket fell, and all out 328. In the 2nd inns it was a bit better, 133/4 to 260 all out, but that was some lucky slogging and having Tim Robinson stick around for a while for 59.

The fielding gets worse the more you play, I am not sure why my initial impression was it had improved. The side shuffle thing is awful. The mini-game for throwing to an end almost always results in a throw facing the wrong direction - and there's nothing in the mini-game that affects how fast or whether you reach the ball, a big miss. I have harped on plenty about the sound but for me it's such a big deal - even the best moments are so flat because of the lack of immersion.

What am I trying to say... I don't know how much longevity I'll get from this, mainly from the lack of atmosphere/immersion (and being busy at work). But, if the spinners really aren't overpowered (I know I need to play more in other conditions to be sure), that's a plus for me.

Somehow though, this is a game that's significantly less than the sum of it's parts. If I'd played that match as my first test match of any other title I'd be bigging it up. Who know sound is king, after all?

KasunD95

School Cricketer
In couple of hours there will be a patch. I wonder what will be fixed. Going with BA reputation, it could be a great patch or game braking one. No in between

s0074845

Club Captain
I was hoping by now atleast they would have fixed spinners having bit more say in the game and can bowl no ball.. I am still in two minds whether to play or seek refund from steam. I have only downloaded the game and was waiting to see what they would do with the patch. Today patch will be fixing the hair issue most likely and fixing the names in academy. Cant expect much from them.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Worth adding as well that there were no visuals in pitch wear, and with the game finishing about 1.5hrs into the morning on day 4, no noticeable pitch behaviour difference. Again, something you'd honestly think they'd look at.
This has always staggered me.

Apart from the players obviously, there is no other bigger factor in any game of cricket as the pitch and the weather, and neither are any sort of factor in this game, havent been for years with any iteration.

How hard can it be to have visual pitch wear (used to be there, disappeared, like many things) and code the wicket chances/run rates accordingly, pitches have more seam movement early, turn more late etc, i mean, something.

Totally neglected, a massive part of the sport - just...nothing.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can't have Say Jhah as a standing umpire without Rambo Raja at square leg.

View attachment 284803

I can't believe that the faces of licensed players looks worse than many of your own creations despite them having the tech to make it much better whilst you do it off Photoshop with images from the internet.

Astounding work as always.
Post automatically merged:

Just watching someones career mode video on YT, hes bowling, this was given out...:neutral:

View attachment 284806

I actually don't mind this, we've rarely had howlers given out in the default game without changing the umpire's rating drastically... which could also have been the case with the bloke playing.

Users who are viewing this thread