Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Anyone have an issue with run-outs? Every time I throw the ball from the deep, it goes to the keeper, but they're too slow in hitting the stumps. I was playing as England against Australia and there were so many times where at least 4 wickets should have fallen due to a run out.

Anyone have an issue with run-outs? Every time I throw the ball from the deep, it goes to the keeper, but they're too slow in hitting the stumps. I was playing as England against Australia and there were so many times where at least 4 wickets should have fallen due to a run out.
I made reference to it in my (admittedly long) post on the previous page. The ball could be halfway between the fielder and the keeper as I set off for another run and I know I'm getting home. It needs a big change.

I'm not denying there's an issue as there definitely is. But I don't have the issue and just bowled 20 overs with spinners in an ODI and they knocked of 307.

Do you set your release window to very small and do you use the meter?

If your keen to play before updates give it a go
I haven't got the game up now but from memory my release window is round 17/18 I think. I could lower it so i bowl less balls with double 'ideal' but would that just mean less wickets? The AI batsmen would still struggle to get the spinner off the square.

Ashes is not the ashes its a shield.I wonder if the licence was taken away from them because the missed the ashes deadline or thought this was a good way to save money.Despite my initial enthusiasm for this game i am struggling to see the upturn from cricket 22 i am actually a little bored by it.How have they managed to break the commentary.Why does the batman turn his back after every ball.No corridor of uncertainty when bowling .etc etc

Yes I raised ticket for this issue on PS5 after recent patch. We can't check the ball condition by pressing L2+R2 any more
The view of ball is anyways not fill , we see most the hand/fingers of the bowler and little of the ball.
Hope they fix that animation as well.

So over 2 weeks on now and the game is still completely unplayable on Xbox. When are we going to get answers for this? I and many others paid a lot of money for a horrific product that is in urgent need of a patch. It's disgraceful.
It is unplayable on other platforms as well. Spin is killing the game. There is no turn but spinners are taking 6fers and 7fers

Can someone pretty pretty please tell me how to play the late cut?....I haven't been able to play it since like C17 or thereabouts...

Could it possibly be that I create massively tall players in career mode?

As many have said - OP spin has killed it...again.

Ive put the game down until BA at least attempts to fix it - whether they can...not a clue. Not confident.

Shame as progress with the patches was being made.
It reminds me of when I played Brian Lara on the Mega Drive back in the 90s and worked out you could take a wicket every ball if you bowled as short as you possibly could but with no pace. The ball wouldn't bounce and would eventually pea-roll under the bat and break the bails

Good to see how far we've come in nearly 30 years

It reminds me of when I played Brian Lara on the Mega Drive back in the 90s and worked out you could take a wicket every ball if you bowled as short as you possibly could but with no pace. The ball wouldn't bounce and would eventually pea-roll under the bat and break the bails

Good to see how far we've come in nearly 30 years

I learned that by changing camera angle in that game - and if memory serves me right, also keeping the bowling balanced, I.e. speed and length middled on the meter - you can get wickets one after an other. AI would make hardly any score.

In BLIC 98 on ps1 as a spinner if you placed the bowling cursor right in front of the wickets it would be almost impossible to play, especially in pvp.
Bouncers were also almost impossible to play. Despite this, BLIC 98 remains GOAT cricket game.

Would be fun if someone could try setting the wicket chance slider to zero or 1 and testing the spin bowling against AI. In a test and odi.

I'd do it myself but I'm on xbox and not ready to buy yet.

Would be fun if someone could try setting the wicket chance slider to zero or 1 and testing the spin bowling against AI. In a test and odi.

I'd do it myself but I'm on xbox and not ready to buy yet.

I have posted about this so many times. My spinner has gone wicketless for 100 runs on occasions.

It isn't ideal but there's a few set ups that can make them normal.

Users who are viewing this thread