Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Which is unusual for a BA game unless you are using custom sliders. I’ve observed in C24 videos on YouTube and the tail has wagged quite often.

Yeah no custom sliders, I did use a lot more "slower" and cutter deliveries...
Post automatically merged:

Really nice height for first slip that as well. At this point I think I’d prefer diving not being a thing, at least until they can sort it. That would then make it worthwhile having slips.

Trust me... you wouldn't haha

Imo there won't be any.
No patch in the history of gaming has taken this long to be released in xbox in comparison to ps.
Microsoft have obviously rejected the patches and bigant have to do more work on them.
17 days on Monday since first patch was sent in to Microsoft. Does anyone know out of curiosity why they would reject ? Do they test it gameplay wise or get feedback I’m curious to the process. Getting a bit silly now could be months just like there AFL game was held back

Really nice height for first slip that as well. At this point I think I’d prefer diving not being a thing, at least until they can sort it. That would then make it worthwhile having slips.
The problem is that if they don't dive for 1st slip catches the keepers will never take any catches at all.
Post automatically merged:

This noise when the bat makes contact is awful. I thought it was just during replays but it seems like it's in game as well. Only when I'm bowling for some reason

This game throws up so many brilliant moments. Here is one of the most realistic dismissals I have had so far. It was 2nd innings and getting wicket was difficult. So I was relying more on Cross-seam deliveries and change of angle. After bowling few Leg-cutters, I decided to bowl an Off-cutter from a wider angle, hoping to get a bowled or lbw. I tried that before but only succeeded this time. The AI even decided to take the review as the impact was Umpires Call! Will we ever see such rewarding wicket with spin bowling which really makes you feel content as you had to work for it?

Imo there won't be any.
No patch in the history of gaming has taken this long to be released in xbox in comparison to ps.
Microsoft have obviously rejected the patches and bigant have to do more work on them.
Well if they don't get a patch out, they're gonna have to be offering a lot of refunds lol

Would
This game throws up so many brilliant moments. Here is one of the most realistic dismissals I have had so far. It was 2nd innings and getting wicket was difficult. So I was relying more on Cross-seam deliveries and change of angle. After bowling few Leg-cutters, I decided to bowl an Off-cutter from a wider angle, hoping to get a bowled or lbw. I tried that before but only succeeded this time. The AI even decided to take the review as the impact was Umpires Call! Will we ever see such rewarding wicket with spin bowling which really makes you feel content as you had to work for it?
look even better if he hadn’t of set of sprinting down the pitch

Would

look even better if he hadn’t of set of sprinting down the pitch
there are so many such annoying little wierdnesses that make the game so so so immersion breaking. for eg everytime the batsman leaves a ball while batting he will inexplicably turn around and start facing the keeper for no reason.....all this makes game feel very unpolished.

Amazes me that after a week they still couldn't fix the pitch wear and spin issue. The 2023 world cup will be over and we will still have a game that is annoying to play. I mean 3 patches in 17 days?

Amazes me that after a week they still couldn't fix the pitch wear and spin issue. The 2023 world cup will be over and we will still have a game that is annoying to play. I mean 3 patches in 17 days?
the whole thing has been a mess,visual pitch wear is a basic for any cricket game....a key aspect of cricket

Currently playing the World Cup as England. Game against NZ and generally it's going fine. I have my own 'high-scoring ODI' sliders and NZ are 120-3 after 20 overs.

Main observations which are really detracting from the overall enjoyment of the game:

• Three of the wickets were (2 in consecutive balls) by Moeen Ali and all virtually the same. You guessed it, bat pad popping up for short leg for one the keeper for the other two. It's ridiculous.
  • The other wicket was Nicholls chopping on which is another type of wicket I feel we see too much of.
  • The wicket-keeper animations really need looking at. Hopefully @MattW and the team are aware but it's so unrealistic. For a standard delivery hit around the 30 yard circle straight to a fielder the AI batter chooses not to run which is fine and realistic. However because the WK doesn't move (towards the stumps) the fielders throw goes to him in his default position about 20 yards back at which point the AI batsmen go for the run as the WK is a) so far away and b) the transition between the wk/fielder taking the catch and turning that into a throw at the stumps or taking of the bails is so slow they're easily home. When I'm batting against seam I could easily get a run off every ball just by letting it though to the keeper and running as they're too slow to react. This wasn't the case AFAIK in C22 so I'm not so why it is now. I have to hold myself back from taking easy runs simply to make the game more realistic.
  • There's no spin really for either Moeen or Rashid. There's a bit more if you ramp up friction in the sliders but to be honest it's just cosmetic anyway as the batsmen can't play it either way.
  • The AI batsmen tend to just deal in boundaries, at least in this game. Maybe it's a small ground (Arun Jaitley Cricket Ground) it's either whacking it for 4 or 6 once an over or running the cheeky single when it's thrown to the keeper as per my previous point. There's no real constant changing of the strike or nudging the 1s and 2s around in these middle overs
  • Stumps fly out the ground each time they're hit it seems.
  • Teams have just 1 review when it should be 2.

Edit: NZ ended up 161 all out. I decided to just keep bowling with Rashid and Ali and I was taking at least 1 wicket an over. Moeen ended up 6-48 from 10 overs and Rashid 3-22 from 6.2. There were two wickets that differed from the norm and looked good. One was Neesham coming down to whack Ali into row z and edging behind to Buttler and the other was a thin edge through to Buttler from a square cut.

It was a farce frankly at times. A couple of the wickets defied the laws of physics where a batter would just defend down to his feet and Buttler had teleported and was just there to catch it. It was laughable and actually puts me off using a spinner.

Last edited:
As Lyon takes his 7th with Carey running through the stumps to take a catch I put this game away and wait for a patch or Cricket 26, when they can have another 40 sheets off me.

Currently playing the World Cup as England. Game against NZ and generally it's going fine. I have my own 'high-scoring ODI' sliders and NZ are 120-3 after 20 overs.

Main observations which are really detracting from the overall enjoyment of the game:

• Three of the wickets were (2 in consecutive balls) by Moeen Ali and all virtually the same. You guessed it, bat pad popping up for short leg for one the keeper for the other two. It's ridiculous.
  • The other wicket was Nicholls chopping on which is another type of wicket I feel we see too much of.
  • The wicket-keeper animations really need looking at. Hopefully @MattW and the team are aware but it's so unrealistic. For a standard delivery hit around the 30 yard circle straight to a fielder the AI batter chooses not to run which is fine and realistic. However because the WK doesn't move (towards the stumps) the fielders throw goes to him in his default position about 20 yards back at which point the AI batsmen go for the run as the WK is a) so far away and b) the transition between the wk/fielder taking the catch and turning that into a throw at the stumps or taking of the bails is so slow they're easily home. When I'm batting against seam I could easily get a run off every ball just by letting it though to the keeper and running as they're too slow to react. This wasn't the case AFAIK in C22 so I'm not so why it is now. I have to hold myself back from taking easy runs simply to make the game more realistic.
  • There's no spin really for either Moeen or Rashid. There's a bit more if you ramp up friction in the sliders but to be honest it's just cosmetic anyway as the batsmen can't play it either way.
  • The AI batsmen tend to just deal in boundaries, at least in this game. Maybe it's a small ground (Arun Jaitley Cricket Ground) it's either whacking it for 4 or 6 once an over or running the cheeky single when it's thrown to the keeper as per my previous point. There's no real constant changing of the strike or nudging the 1s and 2s around in these middle overs
  • Stumps fly out the ground each time they're hit it seems.
  • Teams have just 1 review when it should be 2.

Edit: NZ ended up 161 all out. I decided to just keep bowling with Rashid and Ali and I was taking at least 1 wicket an over. Moeen ended up 6-48 from 10 overs and Rashid 3-22 from 6.2. There were two wickets that differed from the norm and looked good. One was Neesham coming down to whack Ali into row z and edging behind to Buttler and the other was a thin edge through to Buttler from a square cut.

It was a farce frankly at times. A couple of the wickets defied the laws of physics where a batter would just defend down to his feet and Buttler had teleported and was just there to catch it. It was laughable and actually puts me off using a spinner.

I'm not denying there's an issue as there definitely is. But I don't have the issue and just bowled 20 overs with spinners in an ODI and they knocked of 307.

Do you set your release window to very small and do you use the meter?

If your keen to play before updates give it a go

My OP spin seems only related to test cricket (bowling). ODIs seem much better. It's all bat pads and little nicks through. Whereas in ODIs the fact they are more aggressive means they can play the spin

I'm not denying there's an issue as there definitely is. But I don't have the issue and just bowled 20 overs with spinners in an ODI and they knocked of 307.

Do you set your release window to very small and do you use the meter?

If your keen to play before updates give it a go

Users who are viewing this thread