Cricket 24 - General Discussion

If they could add a wicket chance slider for spin, then the OP spin / AI suck vs spin issues would be 'fixed'.
Is this possible?

If they could add a wicket chance slider for spin, then the OP spin / AI suck vs spin issues would be 'fixed'.
Is this possible?
I really feel like if it was that simple it would've been done when these issues were raised on Cricket 22. It seems like a perfect storm of little things that create the problems.

Batting feels a lot better and the AI having responsive fielding is a huge upgrade—to see them move a player into the cover region I just hit 4 2s into was lovely.
I think bowling will need more custom sliders. Finding the right speed that keeps deliveries at a reasonable height without having edges not carry and the game look silly is still tricky. Hopefully we get a new slider set from some of the amazing users here.I tried Rumple (thank you again) but it always leads to the stock pace ball going 6 inches above bails

I assume that we're still seeing very few catches taken by the wicketkeeper from pace bowling? I'm more likely to see Lord Lucan riding Shergar down the street than a feather edge off a seamer.

Last edited:
Though it's definitely better in quite a few things I wouldn't say it's better overall. The academy is an absolute mess. Even player models doesn't look good compared to c22. Kits are not downloading properly or not showing up in game properly. Just not sure what's going on with all that.

Here's a video of a wonderful catch in cricket 22 at 24 seconds in off of the edge and the helmet. I know spinners are overpowered but the entire sequence flowed so wonderfully and I haven't seen anything this smooth in cricket 24 happening yet.

bro what camera u using for fielding ?

How far away are we from AI technology making games? Surely there will be an option for a computer to recreate cricket from footage of real matches that captures the all the nuances. Batters looking around at the field and adjusting their gear before taking guard. Ball tracking data that accurately depicts how the ball reacts to a given type of pitch and off the bat. You'd obviously need developers to design the input controls but AI could handle a large part of hoe the game plays.

Watching a real match and then playing a BA game is two completely different things. We have so much real data with ball tracking and stats that surely we can reach the point we are all looking for - a game that essentially plays like real cricket. Our inputs should influence the result but also be in line with what happens in the real game. Just seems odd to me that almost 25 years on from BLC/SWC 99 we haven't progressed very far at all.

How far away are we from AI technology making games? Surely there will be an option for a computer to recreate cricket from footage of real matches that captures the all the nuances. Batters looking around at the field and adjusting their gear before taking guard. Ball tracking data that accurately depicts how the ball reacts to a given type of pitch and off the bat. You'd obviously need developers to design the input controls but AI could handle a large part of hoe the game plays.

Watching a real match and then playing a BA game is two completely different things. We have so much real data with ball tracking and stats that surely we can reach the point we are all looking for - a game that essentially plays like real cricket. Our inputs should influence the result but also be in line with what happens in the real game. Just seems odd to me that almost 25 years on from BLC/SWC 99 we haven't progressed very far at all.
Probably about as far from AI making sitcoms

totaly messy game .. playing carer back to back eges and appeal does not work for me .. ;/

probably a decade

Users who are viewing this thread