Cricket 24 - General Discussion

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Good day everyone,
Been out of this for sometime now. I am planning to buy cricket 24 on Ps5 now. Can anyone please guide if it is worth the purchase and if I can play it in it's default condition/sliders. And if not is there a set of sliders that make it better?
What is the general consensus. Should I go for it. For me gameplay is above everything.
Yes from me. It’s great to play at the minute and yesterdays patch was a massive win couple of things I’d like to see improved are edges not going like a rocket for 4s and 6s and the lighting apart from that I’m loving it

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Yes from me. It’s great to play at the minute and yesterdays patch was a massive win couple of things I’d like to see improved are edges not going like a rocket for 4s and 6s and the lighting apart from that I’m loving it
Great. Will get it then
Post automatically merged:

Please share any sliders if needed and recommended difficulties for immersive play

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Great. Will get it then
Post automatically merged:

Please share any sliders if needed and recommended difficulties for immersive play
I’ve not touched sliders only striker timing (40) wicket chance (60) seeing more plays and misses and as soon as I altered that I got more lbw’s and clean bowled wickets

vyv

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Confusion in batting styles standard and style 3. Can any one point out what are the differences between batting style standard and batting style 3. From tapping the bat at the crease to playing all shots the animations are exactly the same. I tried playing almost all shots with both the batting styles and can hardly spot any differences. Can anyone on this forum explain to me what are the differences if any?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Seen a few people mention opening bowler bowling really slow has anyone else seen this when batting ? Only had a quick bowl last night so not noticed from a batting point of view

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good day everyone,
Been out of this for sometime now. I am planning to buy cricket 24 on Ps5 now. Can anyone please guide if it is worth the purchase and if I can play it in it's default condition/sliders. And if not is there a set of sliders that make it better?
What is the general consensus. Should I go for it. For me gameplay is above everything.

The last time I asked I was recommended to buy it. I’ve not played a lot but I’d say it’s better than the previous titles from what I’ve played.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
Anyone looking for a proper proper challenge: use @Rumple43 ' s Cricket 22 settings and turn off all the hud elements (All of them!) and bat in pro-mode. Especially against the new ball you are going to have to dig in and dig in and dig in. Great stuff especially with the new pitch attributes.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Anyone looking for a proper proper challenge: use @Rumple43 ' s Cricket 22 settings and turn off all the hud elements (All of them!) and bat in pro-mode. Especially against the new ball you are going to have to dig in and dig in and dig in. Great stuff especially with the new pitch attributes.
Pleased to see the old spreadsheets are still having some use!

Not sure if I'm pleased that pitch deg has finally made it into the game, or alarmed about the fact it has taken this long since launch. But I still don't own it, so just pleased for folk who can enjoy the game more I suppose. Interested to see if there's any actual evidence of it having a physics based difference, or if it's just visual and anecdotal.

Still, should I dig Cricket 22 out again? It sure is tempting me, but there's a whole other forum for that :plainsmile:

joeb86

Club Captain
Apologies for this question but I can’t remember if BA have said yay or nay:

Are there plans to add New Zealand and Pakistan official stadia into the game?

Hester

County Cricketer
Not for me. Weird.
Something weird is happening with pitch deg on custom grounds.
Trying day 5 pitch, there are some running tracks but the pitch looks pretty much day 1. There are no patches or cracks like we've seen with the official grounds.
Also, dry pitch in SA is GREEN. It seems every pitch I pick no matter what is coming out grassy/dry.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also, dry pitch in SA is GREEN. It seems every pitch I pick no matter what is coming out grassy/dry.

Ottis Gibson's legacy is well and truly alive I see.

Hester

County Cricketer
Something weird is happening with pitch deg on custom grounds.
Trying day 5 pitch, there are some running tracks but the pitch looks pretty much day 1. There are no patches or cracks like we've seen with the official grounds.
Even with official grounds, no matter what pitch I choose, it always comes out grassy/dry.

Users who are viewing this thread