Cricket 24 - General Discussion

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The AI runouts in tests are still bad. I know you can restart but it's really annoying

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Mentalities are messed up. Bowling first morning of the test, conservative batsman hits 2nd ball aerial for 4 over mid off. 4th ball holes out to deep backward square.

15 more overs, batsmen are aggressive or balanced mentalities, no aerial shots.

Get another wicket and another conservative batsman comes in, goes aerial first ball (mistimed for 1).

BarestOfMargins

Club Captain
Prety bad bug today - Got a runout where Labuschagne hit ball down wicket and set off for a run, ball hit Warners stumps down the other end, I was mashing buttons trying to get anderson to fling it up the end Warner is running toward but it took him forever to pick it up - I didnt cop at the time if Anderson had touched it on its way through but appealed anyway, Labuschagne was then given out run out.......watched replay ball passed nowhere near Anderson or any fielder.

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i know not in the last patch the one before that 1.14 on ps4 west indies had there Test/ODI/T 20 kits updated, i did update the patch and it still has there orignal kits and as West Indies are a licensed team in the game anyone have any advice ?
Reset the original team to default not a downloaded one and they will be there. I think it was when you are in the team edit mode then push triangle and delete. thats what i did.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Mentalities are messed up. Bowling first morning of the test, conservative batsman hits 2nd ball aerial for 4 over mid off. 4th ball holes out to deep backward square.

15 more overs, batsmen are aggressive or balanced mentalities, no aerial shots.

Get another wicket and another conservative batsman comes in, goes aerial first ball (mistimed for 1).
Theres a long way to go yet for this game to completely glue together. Hopefully they can work on these things so that the nuances show through more. It has the potential to be very deep and immersive but scratch a little too much at the surface and it appears hollow. The pitch changes are excellent with some tweaking to come. Lets hope they stick at it.

PJ13

Club Captain
In all grounds or in specific grounds where the shape of the ground is not circle? Observed that fielders react slower in smaller and non symmetrical grounds of England and New Zealand.
All grounds so far. It's only happening to the ring fielders.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
hey guys anyone have this issue . when i try to hit 6 to point 1 2 and 3 .. its goes to point 4 ... ! offside !! not talking about leg side !!!

View attachment 288028
Post automatically merged:

@JNT BA
I dont remember but it has happened to me as well on classic control. I have to test it though.
I think its happening either to particular batting style or only to spinner.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I dont remember but it has happened to me as well on classic control. I have to test it though.
I think its happening either to particular batting style or only to spinner.
i never tried on standrd control but for classic controls its hapen for spin and pace both which annoying !

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm on classic too.

Which batting style are you playing on? If it's 6 or 7 then I guess it's likely.
i dont use both style to be honest i use style 3 .. !

I'm on classic too.

Which batting style are you playing on? If it's 6 or 7 then I guess it's likely.
normal shot does work but when u hit 6 it goes to point 4 instead point 3 2 1 !

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Theres a long way to go yet for this game to completely glue together. Hopefully they can work on these things so that the nuances show through more. It has the potential to be very deep and immersive but scratch a little too much at the surface and it appears hollow. The pitch changes are excellent with some tweaking to come. Lets hope they stick at it.
This aside the gameplay I’m having is excellent. (A slight error in my point above, the players were 1 conservative and 1 precise).

I’m playing the 99/2000 England tour of South Africa, Kirsten (conservative) goes aerial twice in first over and holes out. No aerial from Gibbs (aggressive), Kallis (balanced) or Cullinan (aggressive). When Kallis is out, Cronje (precise) goes aerial first ball.

Overall, Gibbs played more aggressively and scored faster than Cronje or the others. But until Rhodes (aggressive) came in, nobody aside from the conservative and precise players went aerial, and both went aerial in their first over. Kirsten was out 4th ball his 2nd and 4th both being aggressive aerial shots, Cronje is 77* from 146 and not gone aerial since, whereas Gibbs got 95 from 152 not once going aerial.

It’s a minor niggle, but especially with 2 in first over just really stood out.

Overall - I took new ball wickets on a spicy pitch, they had a mini recovery when my change bowlers came on, then a better one when the kookaburra ball got older… 219/4 approaching tea on day 1. They bat deep so this will be tough.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can someone please advise on reskilling teams. I replaced all default, but are there particular teams I should download? Thank you

Wealey

ICC Board Member
This aside the gameplay I’m having is excellent. (A slight error in my point above, the players were 1 conservative and 1 precise).

I’m playing the 99/2000 England tour of South Africa, Kirsten (conservative) goes aerial twice in first over and holes out. No aerial from Gibbs (aggressive), Kallis (balanced) or Cullinan (aggressive). When Kallis is out, Cronje (precise) goes aerial first ball.

Overall, Gibbs played more aggressively and scored faster than Cronje or the others. But until Rhodes (aggressive) came in, nobody aside from the conservative and precise players went aerial, and both went aerial in their first over. Kirsten was out 4th ball his 2nd and 4th both being aggressive aerial shots, Cronje is 77* from 146 and not gone aerial since, whereas Gibbs got 95 from 152 not once going aerial.

It’s a minor niggle, but especially with 2 in first over just really stood out.

Overall - I took new ball wickets on a spicy pitch, they had a mini recovery when my change bowlers came on, then a better one when the kookaburra ball got older… 219/4 approaching tea on day 1. They bat deep so this will be tough.

I had this and it's almost like a bug. If you restart as soon as he does it it goes away. It's a real odd one. It's like they become possessed.

Elgar did it to me then batted for 100 all along the deck.

Users who are viewing this thread