Cricket 24 - General Discussion

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
So i am playing out of the box -nothing from the academy Indian league as Mitch Marsh.Will changes be shown or will i need to start again for them to kick in.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Will download the game again after this update. Let’s hope that this is the norm and there’s better communications going forward.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks MattW for the update. My only question is one which is keeping me away from the game on PS5 -- Automatic triggering of prod pull shot animation by human batter glitch, is this issue fixed or not please confirm. I have raised many tickets with different video proofs to support team
The patch notes are pretty exhaustive about elements that got included, so if something wasn't called out it's unlikely it was addressed in this particular update.

I can check in tomorrow with QA to confirm the status, but I can't say for sure right now.

zuhair1581

School Cricketer
There's more to come in patches, best channel there is to make sure that the support team are aware of the specifics, as that feedback is collated and helps to direct focus areas of future patches. A big one for this patch was working on a number of issues raised from those who play a lot online.

It's an obvious reality that we have a lot of attention on the upcoming titles, such as Tiebreak's early access process, but there's still plenty of work ongoing and planned on both Cricket 24 and AFL 23 as the other current releases, though the gaps between updates will be a little longer than they were in the launch window. I can't confirm content for future updates, just that they will exist, and not just be 'cosmetic' changes.

We're still working with the PSL to get together all the elements, you'll see some of that in this patch, such as squad updates, an additional PSL stadium, but other parts will be in a further batch of work to come.
I’m very disappointed since last 1 hour, the truth is we can’t see PSL players in game till next year, but the issue is probably you guys will start working on C26 by then

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
This gameplay clip tells what the bug which is triggering this weird animation. It was introduced 2 patches before into the game.

Attachments

• 18cd3769c4597-master_playlist.mp4
    7 MB · Views: 9

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've gone back to playing Ashes Cricket.

Apart from the AI spinners ripping the ball in both directions (and I wish that could be patched, probably fairly easy), the game has absolutely everything in terms of gameplay. Everything just feels balanced, attributes, the conditions, everything. All dismissal types, thick edges, thin edges, outfield catches, bat pads.

If anyone cares at the Big Ant side, I wish there was a way to port that gameplay into Cricket 24's graphical style.

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
The thing people might have had yesterday is a Steam side update to the underlying Windows libraries Cricket 24 and a bunch of other games rely on, not a direct change to the game.

That said, today there is an update - live right now on Steam and will roll out to consoles in the coming hours, notes are as follows,

Added 2024 uniforms for Indian T20 teams
Added Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium
Added custom difficulty option to Online Custom Match
Updated Rajiv Gandhi Stadium
Updated Rosters
Adjusted Online Quick Match difficulty
Improved pitch marker accuracy for wide and swing deliveries
Improved Commentary
Resolved pitch marker not appearing for late release deliveries
Resolved issues unlocking achievements
General stability improvements

Build numbers are:
Steam 3406
PS5 3409, PS4 EU 3411, PS4 US 3410
Xbox One 3407, Xbox Series 3408

----

There's more detail below on those notes,

Full notes

- Added 2024 uniforms for Indian T20 teams
Uniforms for the Indian T20 teams have been updated to match the new 2024 season ones. Photogrammetry sessions with the teams are upcoming and future updates will include further player visual updates.

- Added Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium
The Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium has been added to the available Pakistan stadiums. Other Pakistan stadiums got some minor adjustments based on community feedback.

- Added custom difficulty option to Online Custom Match
When hosting an online custom match, you can now select from either the default difficulties, or a custom difficulty of your choice to play online. Due to requirements for network traffic, some gameplay elements will not match offline gameplay when playing online, especially in cases of higher ping between the two sides.

- Updated Rajiv Gandhi Stadium
The Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium had some renovations since the initial reference photos were taken, we have now added the roofed sections and in general made the stadium more accurate to real life.

- Updated Rosters
A pass over dozens of teams to refresh rosters and bring them up to date has been made, this includes the Indian T20 teams, as well as adjustments to various leagues such as the BBL as well as to National teams. Users who have edited these teams, such as adjusting default lineups, will not see these changes unless they reset the Academy.

- Adjusted Online Quick Match difficulty
Online custom matches previously used a difficulty which was a balance between some medium and hard elements. We have now shifted to use the standard 'Hard' difficulty for quick matches, which will be a slight increase overall.

- Improved pitch marker accuracy for wide and swing deliveries
Addressed a commonly exploited issue online where the pitch marker would show a totally incorrect landing point for deliveries that were pitched well wide or had significant swing. Pitch markers are now more accurate, with batter skill determining the exact accuracy of the displayed marker position.

- Improved Commentary
A few adjustments have been made to increase the accuracy of a number of commentary lines, and reduce some repetitiveness.

- Resolved pitch marker not appearing for late release deliveries
As with the issue relating to wide/swinging deliveries, an exploit online was to deliberately release late, which resulted in the pitch marker not appearing. This has been addressed, however in some circumstances the marker will now appear later than it would have prior to this patch. When the marker had been able to show early - such as on very easy difficulties, it would have been inaccurate, as it was appearing prior to the final position of the ball bounce being calculated.

- Resolved issues unlocking achievements
A few achievements/trophies had issues unlocking - such as requiring completing an element without simulation when that wasn't stated in the achievement description text. These have been adjusted to be unlockable as they were intended.

- General stability improvements
Numerous general bug fixes have been implemented, monitoring the bug reports that are sent in on the Big Ant support site, as well as via the console problem report functions.

Is there a more specific list on what teams were updated? The patch notes state that national team lineups were also updated but I don’t see Shamar Joseph in the West Indian squad let alone test XI, likewise with Rutherford in T20Is. It’s a small thing but there’s been a history of such neglect in many of these updates.

While there’s a logistical challenge to it, it must also be annoying as a PSL fan to see that your league’s well over by now and you still don’t even have licensed kits for the teams while the IPL ones are all decked out in the latest kits.

shan111

Associate Captain
I'm already playing domestic cricket in my Career. So all the updated lineups etc will not reflect in my career right?

Bevab

Staff Member
Was the option to have more results show up on community searches in the Academy removed? I swear it was a thing before.

Also had Afghanistan fail to be linked properly and none of the unlicensed players were replaced by @wasteyouryouth ’s creations when I tried to download the team.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Was the option to have more results show up on community searches in the Academy removed? I swear it was a thing before.

Also had Afghanistan fail to be linked properly and none of the unlicensed players were replaced by @wasteyouryouth ’s creations when I tried to download the team.
Bats are still broken. So literally nothing's been fixed?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

You can still see more if you scroll down to the bottom, it loads more. I went through about 200 of my old bats trying to figure something out.

Bevab

Staff Member
Bats are still broken. So literally nothing's been fixed?

Yeah… navigating the Academy is a bit of a mess at the moment.

You can still see more if you scroll down to the bottom, it loads more. I went through about 200 of my old bats trying to figure something out.

Yeah but it’s quite clunky. Why remove a QoL feature with no explanation? Must be a first for a game.

Bevab

Staff Member
Could be the custom search limit causes more problems than it solves.

Most confusing is there's basically, at least, two of everything.

It did cause the odd issue but I’m not sure if it was breaking things more than the current state of the Academy.

I agree, they have to introduce a tag/option for C22 creations. That alone would make a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread