Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Can someone explain to me why "we" deserve or think we deserve anything?

Why should they give us this and that to appease us.

We all cricket fans.. they will market how they see fit.. and let's face it most will buy it regardless.

No one at Nacon has sat there and thought "lads we better keep the crew at planet cricket sweet"

Can someone explain to me why "we" deserve or think we deserve anything?

Why should they give us this and that to appease us.

We all cricket fans.. they will market how they see fit.. and let's face it most will buy it regardless.

No one at Nacon has sat there and thought "lads we better keep the crew at planet cricket sweet"
PC forum doesn't deserve anything? The amount of time PC forum has given to the BAS team since DBC14 discussion (2013). They got UX insights, UGC for Academy and SoMe, organic WoM and many more.

Let's agree for the moment that PC forum doesn't deserve anything. But coming from marketing background, promoting a game as the Official Game of the Ashes and not coming up with anything before even the 1st Test of Ashes is itself a self inflicted death for their brand team. They must be way behind in terms of their planned ACP (activity critical path) and trying to do damage control from their end. Cause in no world, can their current stance can be a deliberate strategy.

Last but not the least, they should be transparent to their customers and stakeholders or they are no better than Ashes Cricket 13 developers whom they themselves made fun of.

And 'we will buy it no matter what logic' can not be any developers' mindset. Don't try to give them comfort and make them complacent with such words.

It’s simple logic. We don’t deserve anything because we aren’t entitled to it in the first place.

Equally if you’re unhappy with their current marketing strategy or the way they’ve treated you in the past, they don’t deserve your attention or money either. The onus is on them to appease you and I’m surprised that people are whining that there hasn’t been any.

I don’t usually comment but when I do I get to the point.

All of us here can cry all we want, can complaint all we want, can curse all we want but the reality is, we will all end up buying Cricket 24 because there’s no competition out there and guess what? “BEGGERS CANT BE CHOSERS” Peace!!!

Yes the reality is that we will buy the game no matter how are they treating us. Concept of Monopoly is drilled into me. Then I see Spiderman 2 and F1 2023 being promoted passionately makes me sad because even with these titles those developers have Monopoly yet they are transparent. It is just BigAnt doesn't care.

I won't look for the game information anymore either here nor on Twitter , they need to find me if they want to sell me their game.

Yes the reality is that we will buy the game no matter how are they treating us. Concept of Monopoly is drilled into me. Then I see Spiderman 2 and F1 2023 being promoted passionately makes me sad because even with these titles those developers have Monopoly yet they are transparent. It is just BigAnt doesn't care.

I won't look for the game information anymore either here nor on Twitter , they need to find me if they want to sell me their game.
This makes sense. They won't even find me coz their company and boss has blocked me like many of us, high time we don't giving a flying duck about them.

PC forum doesn't deserve anything? The amount of time PC forum has given to the BAS team since DBC14 discussion (2013). They got UX insights, UGC for Academy and SoMe, organic WoM and many more.

Let's agree for the moment that PC forum doesn't deserve anything. But coming from marketing background, promoting a game as the Official Game of the Ashes and not coming up with anything before even the 1st Test of Ashes is itself a self inflicted death for their brand team. They must be way behind in terms of their planned ACP (activity critical path) and trying to do damage control from their end. Cause in no world, can their current stance can be a deliberate strategy.

Last but not the least, they should be transparent to their customers and stakeholders or they are no better than Ashes Cricket 13 developers whom they themselves made fun of.

And 'we will buy it no matter what logic' can not be any developers' mindset. Don't try to give them comfort and make them complacent with such words.

Again your making the mistake of my words meaning much to them. What I say makes no difference to them. They will have their plan. It may have changed it may have not.

Nothing I say is "comfort"

They clearly have issues with AFL doesn't take a genius to work that out so they can do their thing and when the game drops I'll check it out.
Post automatically merged:

Again Big Ant won't be deciding on the marketing

I don’t usually comment but when I do I get to the point.

All of us here can cry all we want, can complaint all we want, can curse all we want but the reality is, we will all end up buying Cricket 24 because there’s no competition out there and guess what? “BEGGERS CANT BE CHOSERS” Peace!!!

Except you have the choice to not... buy the new one?

I'm really confused by all of these comments, the only thing you're missing out on is the chance to play a 'cricket' game in a year stacked with behemoth game releases. Sure, it does suck to not be able to play your favourite sport game but I don't think I'd be worried too much about it when I'd be entertained by Starfield in the near future or the best Star Wars game in ages for one.

Unlike other sports franchises that delist their older releases over time due to licensing issues, the BA games are all still available to buy if you really need a fix for the cricket itch. Knowing most posters here they're guaranteed to have at least two of the older releases. They all have their quirks and bugs but they all shine in different ways too, I'd rather go back and play them than buy the new one before looking at feedback.

No information will be provided before July
That's the fact
Accept it
State the source please.
Post automatically merged:

If AFL - no matter how great it is running now - is setting the tone for C24, I think I would be very disappointed.
Why so? It is a different sport with different animation mechanics.

It’s actually better that the game has delayed a bit or all you guys are satisfied with the broken game releasing on 1st day of 1st Ashes test and need one month of daily patching? I think we are blessed we we don’t have to bear the AFL 23 frustration. Just be patient the game will come out before the ending of 2nd Ashes test,

It’s actually better that the game has delayed a bit or all you guys are satisfied with the broken game releasing on 1st day of 1st Ashes test and need one month of daily patching? I think we are blessed we we don’t have to bear the AFL 23 frustration. Just be patient the game will come out before the ending of 2nd Ashes test,
Not agree, patching is compulsory even if the Ashes licenced cricket game releases after the conclusion of Ashes series to make it complete

Not agree, patching is compulsory even if the Ashes licenced cricket game releases after the conclusion of Ashes series to make it complete
Yea but for minor niggle and itches not a patch fury for a completely broken and unplayable game like what happened with AFL 23 , even cricket 22 wasn’t in that bad shape last year.

I really hope that Big Ant take their time and if they need to delay the game, rather than rush an unfinished game to market. Some of the comments on here are just bonkers.

Users who are viewing this thread