Cricket 24 - General Discussion

I don't know why but overall blur effect in AFL 23 seems to be somewhat missing... similar to fifa 16, back when the game was built on ignite engine.However when the game engine was switched to frostbite in fifa 17, it drastically improved such effects along with shadows and lighting...i hope Devs are actively working on these things for cricket 24..here are few pictures for reference

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-17-16-25-42-69_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-17-16-25-42-69_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_2023-06-17-16-22-31-73_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-17-16-22-31-73_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
I don't know why but overall blur effect in AFL 23 seems to be somewhat missing... similar to fifa 16, back when the game was built on ignite engine.However when the game engine was switched to frostbite in fifa 17, it drastically improved such effects along with shadows and lighting...i hope Devs are actively working on these things for cricket 24..here are few pictures for reference
i dnt know why they are not switching thier engine .. ?

i dnt know why they are not switching thier engine .. ?
They have built their own game engine namely "BA sports engine", so ig aforementioned elements like blur effects and shadows can be modified by them if they intend to... however shadows and colour scheme, the grass etc seems to be a copy paste from cricket 22 in AFL 23..whereas on the other hand sports title like fifa pay much attention to these details...again if they have resources to licence ipl teams then budget shall not be considered a constrain....i hope these things improve in cricket 24..

Off topic but the switch to Frostbite has absolutely nuked the offline gameplay of Fifa at the expense of prettier graphics. The grass (ha!) being greener on the other side and all that…

Off topic but the switch to Frostbite has absolutely nuked the offline gameplay of Fifa at the expense of prettier graphics. The grass (ha!) being greener on the other side and all that…
I really don't think that bad gameplay is correlated with graphics of the game

Time to get lawnmower inn

I really don't think that bad gameplay is correlated with graphics of the game

You can have both for sure but in FIFA’s case the offline gameplay took a big hit after the switch to Frostbite and progressively got worse with each year because they didn’t want to buff the AI due to pros complaining about the skill gap. Frostbite is also a notoriously difficult engine to work on and adapt for non-FPS games. An engine switch is not as trivial as many gamers make it to be and doesn’t always result in better results for users, this is a prime example of it.

You can have both for sure but in FIFA’s case the offline gameplay took a big hit after the switch to Frostbite and progressively got worse with each year because they didn’t want to buff the AI due to pros complaining about the skill gap. Frostbite is also a notoriously difficult engine to work on and adapt for non-FPS games. An engine switch is not as trivial as many gamers make it to be and doesn’t always result in better results for users, this is a prime example of it.
I hope with self built game engine BA are able to deliver both..also in case of fifa according to my experience..maybe it's wrong but gameplay has taken a major hit after they introduced hypermotion technology..

I hope with self built game engine BA are able to deliver both..also in case of fifa according to my experience..maybe it's wrong but gameplay has taken a major hit after they introduced hypermotion technology..
The in-game gambling mechanics in Fifa are more important than the football.

Users who are viewing this thread