bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Umpire Uniform in IPL is not black and they were Caps and not Hats
Post automatically merged:

Crowd noise is not good for Indian matches.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
They were originally planning to release the game 6 months ago around the time of the Ashes - but postponed it to the WC.

Arguably they have had an extra 6 months or so.
It seems like what devs doing these 5 extra months time from June to October TBH surprise even I doubt it

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
IF this is the same after the update then even I who does have a big soft spot for BA can't defend it. I spend every year trying to maximize what each game can do.

But that's inexcusable and would suggest that most gameplay feedback is simply ignored.

Made even worse by revamped fielding being a selling point. It was a selling point last year and they couldn't stop the ball on release.
Do you know how difficult it is to write code and develop cricket games.Just buy the game and fund bug ant as they are doing great service to humanity by developing cricket games.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It seems like what devs doing these 5 extra months time from June to October TBH surprise even I doubt it
They built the game after June it seems

Wealey

ICC Board Member
The development team should resign they are simply wasting their time.

It's more they are directed to focus on the wrong things mate.

Do you know how difficult it is to write code and develop cricket games.Just buy the game and fund bug ant as they are doing great service to humanity by developing cricket games.

No idea what your on about

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I’m going to redownload 22 and all the academy teams again I’m normally a sucker for new games but this is taking the p**s really £49.99

angad

Chairman of Consent
Really disappointed with what I have seen so far! The game looks exactly the same! Don’t know what efforts have been put in towards fielding but it looks as cartoonish, broken and disjointed as it did last year!

It literally looks like a cash grab! I wish they had not talked about fielding being improved in the initial promotions, as one would have imagined they would have worked on making the animations, player movement and intelligence much more realistic and fluid!

No wonder they were not releasing any videos or pics prior to the release!

They might have worked hard, till late into the night but it’s NOT showing in this game! Seems to me like they put more efforts in other games now

When the true fans of this game and studio who have always stood by them are coming out and showing their utter disappointment, BA should really introspect and feel ashamed of the product they have released!

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I wonder what Audio thing was Matt talking about in the upcoming game.

Looking at the clip so far its same lines from C22 and crowd is dead as usual.
I’d imagine Gilchrist on Comms and not sure if the other maybe some music in menu because it certainly isn’t the crowd noise I could do better myself I’d rather have a proper cricket crowd noise and no cheering than this chaotic whistling and acid taking scene we have

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I’m going to redownload 22 and all the academy teams again I’m normally a sucker for new games but this is taking the p**s really £49.99

This is the crux of it. Is what we've seen thus far worth £50 of our hard earned money? If anybody thinks so then I've got some magic beans to sell you.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
So can we conclude Cricket 24 game as Old wine in new bottle?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Rather have a new score hud and the same in game menu which I spend little time on maybe 2/3 minutes and then hours playing the game. It’s madness I’d love to know how many have been working on it
Bowling and batting huds should be changed from previous game to newer and fresh feel

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If at all this game is reskined version of C22 which looks like the case so far except added licenses that mean shit without any significant additions, we as a cricketing community should stay away and hold our consensus together on not buying it. Once it starts hurting financially they will take us seriously as looks like we are not the catered audience. I do not care if BA are the only company making cricket games, they should not be able to hold us hostage with that mindset of losing this company and us being stuck in C22 forever.

I request all to look at the gameplay, look at what has changed and make that decision for themselves and stay away if it is the same 22 reskined version.

Again this could have been a DLC and asked us to pay $20 for the DLC pack for licenses, I am sure most of us would have been happy. After playing Madden, Show and no matter how bad they are too in their own ways, cricket as some one said is going backwards and not forward.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
If at all this game is reskined version of C22 which looks like the case so far except added licenses that mean shit without any significant additions, we as a cricketing community should stay away and hold our consensus together on not buying it. Once it starts hurting financially they will take us seriously as looks like we are not the catered audience. I do not care if BA are the only company making cricket games, they should not be able to hold us hostage with that mindset of losing this company and us being stuck in C22 forever.

I request all to look at the gameplay, look at what has changed and make that decision for themselves and stay away if it is the same 22 reskined version.

Again this could have been a DLC and asked us to pay $20 for the DLC pack for licenses, I am sure most of us would have been happy. After playing Madden, Show and no matter how bad they are too in their own ways, cricket as some one said is going backwards and not forward.
I wouldn’t have paid for licenses because the community creations are better. Miles better

Users who are viewing this thread