Cricket 24 - General Discussion

B

Bigby Wolf

Edges off the yorker going fine through third man is a nice little edition

Audio is a big mess.

Although Gilly got a few new lines.

That no no no for wrong shot played is a nice addition.

B

Bigby Wolf

And AI is super dumb playing t20s

You bowl yorkers outside off it will leave every single of it.

Dmayne

School Cricketer
I've just seen a video where every single ball was given as 4 runs in world cup mode. What?!

This release is an absolute disgrace. I've bought in the past to try and help them develop a good cricket game long term but it's just a shambles now. From having a totally broken career mode for months with Cricket 19 (I think) to the ridiculous amount of bugs. I understand that their will always be issues with physics given the complexity of cricket but that's the only excusable thing. The fielding is still an embarrassment, the graphics are pretty shocking after 10 years of development and it's so bare bones and lifeless. Doubt it's in this year but not even being able to select multiple academy creations at once to do a big download is stupid too.

What have they been doing for 2 years? Some face scanning. Couldn't even be bothered to do anything to the UI. They're not a small studio anymore so that doesn't wash. They kept quiet and said absolute nothing which is always a worry. Not that you should expect much less when the head of the company is egotistical enough to put his own face in the game.

I'm actually not even mad (though it sounds like it), just disappointed for everyone who has continued to support them and especially the amazing academy creators on here.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
From a gameplay perspective... I've only 1 real bugbear... if you're bowling with a spinner and the AI leaves, 9 times out of 10 the keeper runs forward to take the ball in front of the stumps. That looks really bad.

Here's my positives:

• I think, for the first time in any game it felt materially harder batting with worse players. I had a loooong tail, and I genuinely collapsed. This is a sample size of 1, so I'm not getting carried away but is like 260-odd/3 down to 320 all out... and my tail started at 6!
  • Likewise, there was a period where it was like 40 overs old, dry dusty pitch, early day 2 and not much was happening for the spinners and zero happening for the seamers... when the wicket came it was 50+ overs and via the spinner, and then I had that luck with the c&b and then into their tail and it felt really good. But for that period, it was attritional gameplay like you'd expect at that point in a sub-continental pitch.
  • I had a similar bit from the other end, where my batsmen were set and the field was a touch more defensive, 50+ overs ball, spinners both ends and my scoring rate came right down
  • As already posted, I was pleased with the dismissal variety (again a sample size of 1 complete inns) and that spin didn't feel over-powered
Gameplay-wise, it's not a lot different from c22. But the few tweaks are improvements and I'm not spotting anything that's regressed yet. Now - this is not all positive as it shows how little they actually did, but I'd also say they've not done nothing and what they did do has improved it. I definitely need to play more matches in more conditions to be sure of any of this, but for me the spin hasn't been overly dominant vs AI and that for me makes it worth it alone.

But the sound is appalling, with no headset on PS5. And tbh that undoes a lot of the positives, because I'm not feeling immersed at all.
Post automatically merged:

Did you play 22 much? If you didn't it would make sense as to why your enjoying this a lot.
A fair bit, but not for a while and nothing like as much as the other games. I can see the similarities 100%. For me the changes are minor tweaks but they are improvements, gameplay-wise.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
From a gameplay perspective... I've only 1 real bugbear... if you're bowling with a spinner and the AI leaves, 9 times out of 10 the keeper runs forward to take the ball in front of the stumps. That looks really bad.

Here's my positives:

• I think, for the first time in any game it felt materially harder batting with worse players. I had a loooong tail, and I genuinely collapsed. This is a sample size of 1, so I'm not getting carried away but is like 260-odd/3 down to 320 all out... and my tail started at 6!
  • Likewise, there was a period where it was like 40 overs old, dry dusty pitch, early day 2 and not much was happening for the spinners and zero happening for the seamers... when the wicket came it was 50+ overs and via the spinner, and then I had that luck with the c&b and then into their tail and it felt really good. But for that period, it was attritional gameplay like you'd expect at that point in a sub-continental pitch.
  • I had a similar bit from the other end, where my batsmen were set and the field was a touch more defensive, 50+ overs ball, spinners both ends and my scoring rate came right down
  • As already posted, I was pleased with the dismissal variety (again a sample size of 1 complete inns) and that spin didn't feel over-powered
Gameplay-wise, it's not a lot different from c22. But the few tweaks are improvements and I'm not spotting anything that's regressed yet. Now - this is not all positive as it shows how little they actually did, but I'd also say they've not done nothing and what they did do has improved it. I definitely need to play more matches in more conditions to be sure of any of this, but for me the spin hasn't been overly dominant vs AI and that for me makes it worth it alone.

But the sound is appalling, with no headset on PS5. And tbh that undoes a lot of the positives, because I'm not feeling immersed at all.
Post automatically merged:

A fair bit, but not for a while and nothing like as much as the other games. I can see the similarities 100%. For me the changes are minor tweaks but they are improvements, gameplay-wise.

I always wondered why they never used the strong foundations of a previous titles gameplay and built on it.

They have done it this time round and unsurprisingly it plays a good game.

It just hasn't being built on enough and not enough of the issues have been fixed and some of those things are so minor.

Agree with all you say.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
On the bright side, it seems that now they can focus on minor issues in upcoming patches. If those errors get fixed I'll probably end up picking it up. On a side note, is the SA20 in the game/career mode?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
As always I reckon post Christmas this will be in good shape.

If feedback is listened to.

Just concerns me that feedback to complains appear to be proud of things like the current audio

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As always I reckon post Christmas this will be in good shape.

If feedback is listened to.

Just concerns me that feedback to complains appear to be proud of things like the current audio
Yeah that also frustrates me, misleading to promote audio fixes and fielding revamp when those are still the two main issues and in poor shape. It's clearly the two main changes (won't say improvements) that are visible other than generic gameplay improvements (which I am not dismissing, but it is not enough to sell a new game at this price).

I was thinking about the Ultimate Team mode they advertised, I wonder if a reason for the delay/lack of updates is that they put all/main focus into that mode but failed to get enough licenses to launch it (and issues like licensed players not having faces scanned). Whatever the reason, I hate the shift of focus from BA to licenses, in 2014 (last time I was active to be fair) the focus was on gameplay and immersion, licenses didn't matter because I was literally one click away from getting real databases (shout out get best feature). The game isn't in a state (in terms of gameplay and features/career mode depth) to warrant a shift to licenses, which is sad to see after nearly 10 years of game development. I was hoping by now the career mode would be more in depth with more statistics/player development, I don't even know if players have some form of "potential" rating for career mode. The game is still playable and enjoyable, I just want to see BA put their money where their mouth is and show effort to address concerns and make improvements before I invest in them again.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Hey guys, really a question for the mods please, if I can ask, I was wondering if will be next weekend when Cricket 24 Academy Creations sub forum is starting here?

Users who are viewing this thread