Cricket 24 - General Discussion

If this game had been released with some communication about the state of things and as an Early Access I could be much more forgiving and much more constructive in helping to get it right however none of this has been the case and even now communication is non-existent.

Alright, seeing some positives here, especially coming from some reputable members. Got few questions if anyone don’t mind answering them:
  • Do the AI respond and bat according to situation on hand? I did buy C22 but hardly spent any hours on it after looking at those player models. But in C19, for me, the AI hardly ever batted based on what situation required. RRR above 10 with only one down and the opener batsman with attacking mentality keeps on blocking, leaving or not trying to take even singles.
  • This is unlikely, but are there more on-demand stats available in career mode? What I mean is if I want to see progression of other players how are they faring so far after my player progress through internationals, is that possible? The career stats that we see when the batters walk into bat or bowlers about to bowl is the only time we see it.
  • I personally hated what happened to the player models in C22, I don’t understand what was the decision behind in making player models and their movement look like that where as it was fine up until C19. Am I the only who still thinks player models still look horrible even in C24?

Legend AI / Hard Bowling on a dry soft wicket with no simming (PS5), couldn’t buy a wicket with the pacers, whether that was just down to the pitch conditions. Not sure how Green ended up with 7.1 overs either.

Lyon will need to dig in for a huge second innings opening the bowling..

IMG_7074.jpeg
IMG_7073.jpeg

Having played a bit more I do feel there have been some improvements to the batting. Also some of the player ratings are all over the place, Harry Brook a better bowler than Ollie Robinson?

After playing two games here is my 2 cents about cricket 24.
  • There is definitely some tweaks in gameplay , ball comes with a better pace on the bat, new shots are added.
  • Feels a lot smoother playing the game.
  • Audio is a big mess, sometimes there is no sound , crowd is out of sync, some random Indian sounds in stadium makes it even worse, commentators as usual don't know what the fearsome tweak they say.
  • Fielding has improved in terms of stopping of the ball better effort is there but then again it is dumb at times just like the few iterations had like 5 drop catches in 2 games (checkout the video).
  • AI is as usual dumb no game awareness whole chasing the target in t20s.
  • Stadium cutscenes are horrible spoils the overall experience.
The game needs serious tweaking through patches to make it worth the AAA price.

At the moment its just a half licensed product of few Indian IPL teams and minor gameplay adjustments.

Definitely not worth it to buy at the price point with half baked features and promise to deliver more.

Having played a bit more I do feel there have been some improvements to the batting. Also some of the player ratings are all over the place, Harry Brook a better bowler than Ollie Robinson?
Ollie Robinson and Crawley both got below 70 ratings not right that

I've just seen a video where every single ball was given as 4 runs in world cup mode. What?!

This release is an absolute disgrace. I've bought in the past to try and help them develop a good cricket game long term but it's just a shambles now. From having a totally broken career mode for months with Cricket 19 (I think) to the ridiculous amount of bugs. I understand that their will always be issues with physics given the complexity of cricket but that's the only excusable thing. The fielding is still an embarrassment, the graphics are pretty shocking after 10 years of development and it's so bare bones and lifeless. Doubt it's in this year but not even being able to select multiple academy creations at once to do a big download is stupid too.

What have they been doing for 2 years? Some face scanning. Couldn't even be bothered to do anything to the UI. They're not a small studio anymore so that doesn't wash. They kept quiet and said absolute nothing which is always a worry. Not that you should expect much less when the head of the company is egotistical enough to put his own face in the game.

I'm actually not even mad (though it sounds like it), just disappointed for everyone who has continued to support them and especially the amazing academy creators on here.
Yeah I saw this video too. Disgraceful from Bigant.
Post automatically merged:

How do i change the spin bowlers speed always seem to bowl 55 to 56 miles an hour not like 50 miles an hour
I had this issue in C22. Never found a fix for it.

Alright, seeing some positives here, especially coming from some reputable members. Got few questions if anyone don’t mind answering them:
  • Do the AI respond and bat according to situation on hand? I did buy C22 but hardly spent any hours on it after looking at those player models. But in C19, for me, the AI hardly ever batted based on what situation required. RRR above 10 with only one down and the opener batsman with attacking mentality keeps on blocking, leaving or not trying to take even singles.
  • This is unlikely, but are there more on-demand stats available in career mode? What I mean is if I want to see progression of other players how are they faring so far after my player progress through internationals, is that possible? The career stats that we see when the batters walk into bat or bowlers about to bowl is the only time we see it.
  • I personally hated what happened to the player models in C22, I don’t understand what was the decision behind in making player models and their movement look like that where as it was fine up until C19. Am I the only who still thinks player models still look horrible even in C24?
I don't think the AI has changed at all in how they "think"

And bowling wise we still have the leg spinner wife's etc going on which is a simple fix.

Users who are viewing this thread