India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Got a reply on my Steam review.

View attachment 285226
What magic trick should I used to see and get the "spin available in the game".
Post automatically merged:

What does "While you can achieve spin in-game it is not what the community enjoys" mean? Are they saying that they changed the spin bowling system and people aren't using it correctly?
Yea that's what they replied to my ticket also! "There is spin happening, but it is certainly not as much as expected. This is something we are looking into."
I am sorry but I see not a cm of spin happening in my game. Even with slider pushed to 100

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I posted a reply asking what he meant by that.

cricboi

Club Captain
I'll probably post this on the Big Ant board too but would love for @Matt or someone at BA to check it out here too:

It's clear that the team still hasn't figured how to get the AI to bowl properly to left handed bowlers and so I was wondering if as a solution we could allow users to set AI fields just the way we have the option to let the AI set human fields. I suggest this because if we could set leg side traps for the AI then them spamming it down leg to lefthanded batters wouldn't feel so silly and immersion breaking. The idea of bowling leg side isn't crazy but with the fields the AI sets I end every test innings with my lefties striking at 160 and my righties at 65.
Obviously it's an issue, but I'm over getting upset that this very basic thing still doesn't work and instead want to think about plausible solutions.
Thoughts?

Nard2020

Club Captain
I didn't see this in the thread, but over on the Big Ant forums, JNT said,

"We are certainly aware of all the feedback about spin and are looking into it. No exact date has been given to when this will be updated."

Also, no company I've ever worked for would let anyone who wasn't part of the marketing effort comment publicly on any aspect of the company's business, so I doubt we'll hear anything from Matt. Not his fault.
Have you worked for video game companies?? Because I could probably quickly show you a dozen or so examples between Twitter, Reddit and ResetEra that go against that……

i doubt they ll ditch cricket,its still probably the game that gets the most sales out of all their game series
I think Tennis changed that. AO Tennis 2 did pretty well for them and I remember reading a piece that is quickly become one of their most success games ever (and this was shortly after launch).

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have you worked for video game companies?? Because I could probably quickly show you a dozen or so examples between Twitter, Reddit and ResetEra that go against that……

I think Tennis changed that. AO Tennis 2 did pretty well for them and I remember reading a piece that is quickly become one of their most success games ever (and this was shortly after launch).

The ones who do post info about the game as “devs” are either authorised to do so or are part of the marketing themselves mate. In any case they said the devs don’t talk about the company’s business which does hold true.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What does "While you can achieve spin in-game it is not what the community enjoys" mean? Are they saying that they changed the spin bowling system and people aren't using it correctly?
They are telling us "it is your eyes and not our game at fault"

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Again I feel like I must be playing a different game on Xbox. Whilst waiting for the patch for xbox to be able to do world cups etc I have been using custom sides and between the 2 teams the 3 frontline spinners definitely turn the ball but the 2 batting all round spin options one on each team don't really turn it which I am more than fine with.

Its not huge crazy Warnie ball of the century spin but it is turning.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Again I feel like I must be playing a different game on Xbox. Whilst waiting for the patch for xbox to be able to do world cups etc I have been using custom sides and between the 2 teams the 3 frontline spinners definitely turn the ball but the 2 batting all round spin options one on each team don't really turn it which I am more than fine with.

Its not huge crazy Warnie ball of the century spin but it is turning.

If possible you could upload a video or two of your experience since you’re the only one going consistently against the grain on nearly everything that’s being said here.

ndschan

Club Captain
Found another issue in the Academy...because I'm strange and care not for realism, I give some national teams some perfect players...

Most of the time when assigning proficiencies to bowlers, you can't give them more than 2 stars in each bowling proficiency but 4 in each of the batting ones....
Been an issue in cricket 22 as well

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India

Ao tennis sold well but not better than Cricket 22 , according to vg insights,which is pretty accurate for most games. And not even close to cricket 19
Links
Ao tennis 2
cricket 22
cricket 19

tarangmht

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Been an issue in cricket 22 as well
you could change proficiencies for bowlers in cric22 by making them bowling allrounders or anything else and then once done change them back to bowlers. it works. I used this trick. As in cric22 u cant edit bowling prof for bowlers and batting for wicket keepers. Sadly you cant change type for licensed players as they are locked.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Not what the community enjoys? I'm sure the community enjoys the fact that when they buy a new game, that it actually works. Just about 2 weeks now and I haven't even bothered finishing my first 3 day game in career mode. Like I said before, going exactly the same as C22. If I remember correctly C22 was released on the 2nd of December and the first patch that came through for Xbox was on the 24th of December. Here we go again...

And don't tell me about Microsoft delaying the release of patches. Let's be honest, how long after each new patch do we see new bugs introduced or old ones not properly fixed? So I wouldn't release a half-assed patch after testing it either. And I'm sure most of us here would agree. So it's time to step up BA. You can't copy and paste the exact same game, remove loads of features and still manage to stuff up the few things that were actually working in the previous games.

Users who are viewing this thread