Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Had Italy just take my spinner from Bermuda to the cleaners.....did we have that in 22 batsmen advancing down the pitch? Clonked me three times in the over 4 6 4, twiced by taking strides down the pitch. Looked reallycool and got me thinking about what to do next......now if they do that with 20 needed off the last over.......

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Had Italy just take my spinner from Bermuda to the cleaners.....did we have that in 22 batsmen advancing down the pitch? Clonked me three times in the over 4 6 4, twiced by taking strides down the pitch. Looked reallycool and got me thinking about what to do next......now if they do that with 20 needed off the last over.......
Yes in cricket 22 AI batsman advanced down the pitch to spinners.

tarangmht

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The game uses the home grounds of the host team - so if you aren't getting the grounds you want you'll need to check which home grounds are assigned to India. I believe one of the shared academy teams early on seemed to have that as a default grounds, but that's not the behaviour I get loading up the game with default teams.

So go to the Academy > Team Editor > Manage Men's Teams, select the India team, select Home Grounds and then ensure that list has the stadiums you want to play at in it. Select the stadium in the list and make sure it actually is the right ground.

Here's an example of it set up incorrectly, but the fix is just to select the ground there, and then select the intended ground from the list.
View attachment 285347

Once those say the right thing, a new competition will use the grounds - nothing is working 'incorrectly' as such, just that customised team itself has home grounds mapped incorrectly. But that would need to be something checked on the teams shared on the community, and not something Big Ant controls.

I did however speak to someone today about opening up the stadium selection option before each match, which would let you then override the defaults it picks, but at the moment you'll need to double check your India team's home grounds - or find someone who has shared it in a correct state.
@MattW Please also ask the team to allow changing of batting and bowling styles for licensed players

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
As far as I remember AI batsmen didn't advance down in C22 or C19 so to see it here is a nice addition. On the downside it seems impossible to actually do it yourself against the AI spin bowlers unless I'm just rubbish at the game?

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The game uses the home grounds of the host team - so if you aren't getting the grounds you want you'll need to check which home grounds are assigned to India. I believe one of the shared academy teams early on seemed to have that as a default grounds, but that's not the behaviour I get loading up the game with default teams.

So go to the Academy > Team Editor > Manage Men's Teams, select the India team, select Home Grounds and then ensure that list has the stadiums you want to play at in it. Select the stadium in the list and make sure it actually is the right ground.

Here's an example of it set up incorrectly, but the fix is just to select the ground there, and then select the intended ground from the list.
View attachment 285347

Once those say the right thing, a new competition will use the grounds - nothing is working 'incorrectly' as such, just that customised team itself has home grounds mapped incorrectly. But that would need to be something checked on the teams shared on the community, and not something Big Ant controls.

I did however speak to someone today about opening up the stadium selection option before each match, which would let you then override the defaults it picks, but at the moment you'll need to double check your India team's home grounds - or find someone who has shared it in a correct state.
any chance of selecting a "host" for custom competitions? im not talking about ODI WC or T20 WC, i want us to choose a host nation for say a 4 team competition.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Did a bit of playing around with settings this afternoon in-between my toddler jumping on me and in front of the screen...

I played 10 overs of spin, Ashwin and Jadeja against England in 2 separate tests. First time was in Mumbai and the second was Trent Bridge. Both were on dusty pitches, day 5, pitch wear set to heavy and pitch cracks set to maximum or whatever its called.

Few observations...

• I might have just been me seeing what I want to see but it seemed to turn more in Mumbai. Hopefully this is genuinely the case for realism but I have no actual evidence. It was definitely turning in both situations though as you'd expect on a dusty day 5 pitch.
  • As you can see there's a lot of turn. No chance of getting him out obviously but substantial turn nonetheless.
  • There is absolutely no visual difference between the pitch on day 1 with no pitch cracks selected to day 5 with heavy cracks on. I do feel the ball played differently which is the main thing but if the pitch could visually deteriorate it would be great, it's been done in other BA cricket games so we know they can put it in.
  • Fielding-wise it was a lot smoother and responsive. The one huge issue is how slow the animation is from the fielder/keeper when taking the bails for a run out. I know that even if the keeper has it in his hands and I'm halfway down the pitch I can get back in with a dive. It's a good second or more from the keeper catching the throw to moving to take the bails which is way too long.
  • I took 4 wickets in the 20 overs I bowled, 3 in Mumbai and 1 at Trent Bridge. There was a nice range with no bat pads although I know they're still OP. There was a catch a short mid-wicket, one edge to the keeper and 2 to 1st slip.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
As far as I remember AI batsmen didn't advance down in C22 or C19 so to see it here is a nice addition. On the downside it seems impossible to actually do it yourself against the AI spin bowlers unless I'm just rubbish at the game?
Definitely happened in 22 as I remember the frustration when they missed the ball and the stumping was missed time after time

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Did a bit of playing around with settings this afternoon in-between my toddler jumping on me and in front of the screen...

I played 10 overs of spin, Ashwin and Jadeja against England in 2 separate tests. First time was in Mumbai and the second was Trent Bridge. Both were on dusty pitches, day 5, pitch wear set to heavy and pitch cracks set to maximum or whatever its called.

Few observations...

• I might have just been me seeing what I want to see but it seemed to turn more in Mumbai. Hopefully this is genuinely the case for realism but I have no actual evidence. It was definitely turning in both situations though as you'd expect on a dusty day 5 pitch.
  • As you can see there's a lot of turn. No chance of getting him out obviously but substantial turn nonetheless.
  • There is absolutely no visual difference between the pitch on day 1 with no pitch cracks selected to day 5 with heavy cracks on. I do feel the ball played differently which is the main thing but if the pitch could visually deteriorate it would be great, it's been done in other BA cricket games so we know they can put it in.
  • Fielding-wise it was a lot smoother and responsive. The one huge issue is how slow the animation is from the fielder/keeper when taking the bails for a run out. I know that even if the keeper has it in his hands and I'm halfway down the pitch I can get back in with a dive. It's a good second or more from the keeper catching the throw to moving to take the bails which is way too long.
  • I took 4 wickets in the 20 overs I bowled, 3 in Mumbai and 1 at Trent Bridge. There was a nice range with no bat pads although I know they're still OP. There was a catch a short mid-wicket, one edge to the keeper and 2 to 1st slip.
Didn't that ball turn in the wrong direction?

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I’d like to think they will, I’ve played 2 T20s recently (own made teams) and in the first, Pollard took me apart, they chased it down in about 17 overs and I felt that my score of 180 was decent.

In the second T20 I was worried when Razzaq was at the crease, but once I got him the run rate slowed and the likes of Gul and Ajmal just couldn’t get it to the boundary.

In short, I think if the AI has the right people at the crease, there’s a chance you’re getting hit for runs no matter what over you’re in. (Note, playing with sliders amended)

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer

Few observations...

Steve Bucknor has his finger up for that one. Missing 5th stump? Nah...get gone son.

Also, did Jadeja get any turn for you? As mentioned, didnt for me, despite Ashwin tonnin it a lot.

Good analysis.

Users who are viewing this thread