Cricket 24 - General Discussion

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Things were moving towards the correct direction till the last patch. This patch has undone a lot of good things.
It is like they merged the updated code with an old build with lots of bugs & uploaded it. Can't find any other explanation.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I forgot to turn automatic updates off on Xbox trying to find a way to not update until get more feedback. Doesn’t sound too impressive so far

caprikaps

Club Captain
From what little I've seen in the YouTube videos featuring the latest patch, there are several glaring and bizarre issues that require a hotfix:
  1. The AI doesn't take singles despite the ball going deep into the outfield.
  2. The keepers no longer run up to the stumps as they were doing so well until now (could be an after effect to underpower the keepers)
  3. Keepers now fail to react to some throws, standing still like robots.
It is clear that testing was insufficient, and this patch was rushed for release. It feels like a significant step backward with this patch

jevans

School Cricketer
How long does it take to get out of club cricket in associate nations? I'm on easiest selection difficulty batting at no. 3 with an average of 61 and, two and a half seasons in, I'm at "no chance" with everything?

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
How long does it take to get out of club cricket in associate nations? I'm on easiest selection difficulty batting at no. 3 with an average of 61 and, two and a half seasons in, I'm at "no chance" with everything?
Maybe it's your skills? What's your player skill at?

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
3 seasons. Your get club captain then 2 games later should get contact offer

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Should I go ahead and install the latest patch? I am on PC and having an awesome gameplay with a test match between England and India...

Nard2020

Club Captain
Things were moving towards the correct direction till the last patch. This patch has undone a lot of good things.
It is like they merged the updated code with an old build with lots of bugs & uploaded it. Can't find any other explanation.
To be honest I’ve seen pretty much this exact sentiment from most of their recent releases. It gives the impression of someone stumbling into something good, but not really knowing how it happened.

As others have said, although it’s easy to blame Big Ant, we know these guys truly care about the games….but some things are hard to excuse, especially when it’s a pattern. I just struggle to understand how this is repeatedly happening and it leaves little faith for the upcoming Rugby and Tennis titles.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
This is so obvious. Yet BA can't see this. I guess at this point it is something that I should expect.

I'm going to be honest. This was reported. I think sometimes the want to patch quickly to please overrides other things..

I suppose there's important things that need to get to the public and that will come with other issues potentially.

Users who are viewing this thread