Cricket 24 - General Discussion

k121

School Cricketer
Newest update won't let me change the stadiums anymore and every match is defaulted to play at Great Barrier Reef, anyone else dealing with this bs?

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
There is undoubtedly work to do in various parts of the game. Career mode remains a no go for me because it is bland and predictable and offers no true progression. You just churn out games and get picked and churn out more games. However I have just bowled what I perceive to be the best opening session of a cricket game I have ever played. Circumspect against the new ball, couple of wiffs of a chance, a really nice looking bottom edge for of an attempted pull from a Mark Wood bouncer and just genuinely immersive play. Swings and roundabouts but there is a good game to be had in there depending on the mode you are playing.
Exactly what just happened to me.

First session of a test in Barbados, me (Eng) against the WI, they end 75-2 at lunch with a great mixture of everything, plays and misses, good running, some lovely crunched boundaries, a feather to first slip off Jimmy and even a leading edge catch to cover, cover of all places in this game, off Woody...and no silly runouts.

Truly most enjoyable session ive had with the game, very competitive, im bowling to plans to get wickets and when i miss im being punished.

Theres a good game in here.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I like the test world championship mode as it gives a context and you go all over the world and even though you have to tweak things a little here and there they are immersive games.
Im considering this mode now, never tried it before.

Once i get the ratings of all the players tweaked to leave the overall team rankings in line with the real world rankings, might go for it.

What do you need to tweak as you go would you say?

Wahldo

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Newest update won't let me change the stadiums anymore and every match is defaulted to play at Great Barrier Reef, anyone else dealing with this bs?
I am able to play at the Wanderers (custom) and Supersport Park (custom).
Post automatically merged:

Unless I have been oblivious to it, I see that the selected umpires actually appear in the match and not the random selection as in previous patches/games.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
speaking of which I was wondering why haven’t the test championship mode updated with 23-25 season. It still has fixtures from 2021. I really like the test championship but no point playing the same old set up again. Not sure how difficult it is to just update the fixtures though!
The game is still on a 2021 database, complete copy/paste job from Cricket 22.

joeb86

Club Captain
How do people play so many tests?! Do people sim parts, or just be a player, or completely devoted and play loads of hours

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
How do people play so many tests?! Do people sim parts, or just be a player, or completely devoted and play loads of hours
Doesnt take that long, but i dont rush it, enjoy it, enjoy the ebbs and flows of a test match when one team can be on top then the other with a quick clatter of wickets or a nuggety 50 not out, enjoy bowling to plans, digging in when you need to batting etc.

Like real life, test matches only show their true beauty when taken slowly and taking it all in.

joeb86

Club Captain
Doesnt take that long, but i dont rush it, enjoy it, enjoy the ebbs and flows of a test match when one team can be on top then the other with a quick clatter of wickets or a nuggety 50 not out, enjoy bowling to plans, digging in when you need to batting etc.

Like real life, test matches only show their true beauty when taken slowly and taking it all in.
With work, a wife etc, it takes me around 2 weeks to do 1 test. About 30-45 mins per session

PJ13

Club Captain
I personally play the whole game. I enjoy test match cricket so it's easy for me. I usually do between 60-90 overs in a session if I can. If I'm limited on time, I try to do at least 30 overs.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
With work, a wife etc, it takes me around 2 weeks to do 1 test. About 30-45 mins per session
Yeah know that feeling mate. I usually average around the same, so if i just keep saving and playing etc, sometimes not for a few days, sometimes a good 2/3 hour session getting a full day in, just keep coming back to it enjoying the progression of the match.

k121

School Cricketer
I am able to play at the Wanderers (custom) and Supersport Park (custom).
Post automatically merged:

Unless I have been oblivious to it, I see that the selected umpires actually appear in the match and not the random selection as in previous patches/games.
when I click X on stadium, the usual menu no longer pops up. gonna try re-installing, hope i don't have to actually delete my save and start again but even when i made a new save to test it, nothing would happen. it was working fine just a few days ago

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
when I click X on stadium, the usual menu no longer pops up. gonna try re-installing, hope i don't have to actually delete my save and start again but even when i made a new save to test it, nothing would happen. it was working fine just a few days ago

Reinstalling might not help if the patch has disabled it.

Users who are viewing this thread