Cricket Academy 17 File Breakdown

Gurjot95

National Board President
Possibly. I have found many interesting variables but I can't post any since I don't wanna ignite any false speculation. This file is a mixture of other game and this game variables. I will now only post information that are only exclusive to cricket such as Umpires, Pitch Type etc. Dont expect any new Career Mode info for the time being. Gosh, BA should learn to clear the useless variables and placeholders whenever they move to next game :P

Gurjot95

National Board President
It does harm me to reveal your hidden information though. :p Anyways, still the variables that are exclusive to rugby games such as referee, goals and extra time shouldn't be present in cricket game files. Sorry, but I like to see and write the code neat and clean unless of course they serve some kind of purpose then ignore it :)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well I am not a coder but exe's I have looked at in the past always have code (often legacy) from other games in them - probably standard industry practise ? (No idea, just speculating)

Gurjot95

National Board President
Well I am not a coder but exe's I have looked at in the past always have code (often legacy) from other games in them - probably standard industry practise ? (No idea, just speculating)
Yeah, it could. I do think they serve a purpose as they act as base towards future iterations.

Yeah ignore seems like a good option....Jeez, .....BA get continually criticized for being decent people and now even the cleanliness of their code is under attack.....cant people just fearsome tweak off?
Thanks for your valuable opinion. I always appreciate when you pop up in the middle and contribute to the discussion. Seriously, you need to take chill pill and stop acting like every post here is attack on BA. I have admired your respect for BA before and you trying to be white knight for them but recently you have just become annoying, trying to correct someone when he isn't wrong. Your behavior is justified to most of the users but sometimes you need the get the tweaking head out anytime you see a post that is for BA. I was no way criticizing BA methods for doing something. I just suggested my opinion, if you don't appreciate, don't interrupt it. If anything, learning their methods is only going to help in future when I join a big industry. So please stop with all the BS. Your intentions are in the right place but your head isn't.

D

Dutch

The last time I looked my head was on my shoulders: I also just suggested my opinion and I stand by it. Too many people on here think they own something or have a right to something or can demand something or need to dictate something. It is my right to have an opinion on that and if a mod or admin calls me out on that on the grounds that it goes against forum rules: fair enough. Until then I stand by what I have said.....

Gurjot95

National Board President
You need to understand the difference between suggestions and demands. Most people here are trying to make the game better. Obviously they don't have any right to tell BA what to do but at best they can suggest them something which is the reason why so many BA's people actively look out on this forum. They don't come here for hearing how great their game is, they come for the suggestions to create one. Yes, even I have seen sometimes users go out of their extent to ask for something when they should learn how to request a feature and appreciate and understand the efforts behind it. Being a programmer myself, I can relate how much efforts BA has gone through to create this game. It seems only easy to request a feature but even implementing something like helicopter shot even though it isn't required but due to high demand, how much effort they have gone through just so users can play this shot that is nothing but a gimmick. I wanted to know the reason behind so many placeholders and variables of other games that's why I asked. I like to explore things and you don't have any right to stop me for asking something which involves my passion. Gaining this kind of knowledge from big giants is very important for me to improve in future which is something you won't understand. I never demanded anything from them. /end

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You need to understand the difference between suggestions and demands. Most people here are trying to make the game better. Obviously they don't have any right to tell BA what to do but at best they can suggest them something which is the reason why so many BA's people actively look out on this forum. They don't come here for hearing how great their game is, they come for the suggestions to create one. Yes, even I have seen sometimes users go out of their extent to ask for something when they should learn how to request a feature and appreciate and understand the efforts behind it. Being a programmer myself, I can relate how much efforts BA has gone through to create this game. It seems only easy to request a feature but even implementing something like helicopter shot even though it isn't required but due to high demand, how much effort they have gone through just so users can play this shot that is nothing but a gimmick. I wanted to know the reason behind so many placeholders and variables of other games that's why I asked. I like to explore things and you don't have any right to stop me for asking something which involves my passion. Gaining this kind of knowledge from big giants is very important for me to improve in future which is something you won't understand. I never demanded anything from them. /end

Bullshit. You didn't ask a thing at all, you make statements such as "Gosh, BA should learn to clear the useless variables and placeholders whenever they move to next game :P"

I never said you were being demanding, indeed to this point I didn't even say you were rude (which you most definitely are).

Given I have authored books on coding, everything from 6502 and up, I think I well understand where to spend my programming time and resources. I care so much about the contents of the files that I couldn't even be bothered to scramble or encrypt them - but mostly I trust that people understand that it is not the right thing to do to pull apart files and share that which they think we did obviously not intend to share. It is out of respect for us giving away things for free that others here on PC with far more knowledge than yourself refrain from grandstanding on this level.

I'm certainly not taking advice from some noob with a hex-editor, so save your advice for someone who cares to hear it.

Last edited:

Gurjot95

National Board President
It was tounge in cheek comment. Of course I am not authorized to tell you your ways of doing things and I know that. I do apologise if you think I was being rude before but it wasn't my intention. I thought you knew it was all in good intention in breaking down the files and showing interesting finding to keep the interest going which even you liked at the time of DBC14 but if you don't like it, fair enough. Point taken. Moving on..

D

Dutch

It was tounge in cheek comment. Of course I am not authorized to tell you your ways of doing things and I know that. I do apologise if you think I was being rude before but it wasn't my intention. I thought you knew it was all in good intention in breaking down the files and showing interesting finding to keep the interest going which even you liked at the time of DBC14 but if you don't like it, fair enough. Point taken. Moving on..
Ha ha ...tongue in cheek suddenly...well it just proves that your arse and mouth are too close together...ignore button activated.....

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Blocker I think you're extracting he urine. You can't have oval balls or 13 a side in cricket!!!

Users who are viewing this thread