Cricket Academy Version 0.0.78 Discussion

nathan00107

Club Cricketer
Really would like to know if all the sliders are enabled in the game because currently I think only PACE , DRIFT , PITCH BOUNCE sliders have impact.

Would like to know this also. Watched a few videos and havnt noticed much difference when 'Spin bowling turn' was at max.

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does this mean that we aren't locked in to a specific amount of bat sponsorship's as was the case with DBC14?

I like this assigning bats to players idea since I mostly play with retro teams it means that some younger or older version of players have correct bats for their era

aabretz

Banned
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Any info on the new update just now the 82mb one?

Screenshot_1.png

5hitkicker

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
With version .77, I downloaded 3 created players I shared from DBC14. When I go try to go into the IDENTITY menu for those guys, the game crashes. And still does with .78

I had the identity crash with version 0.75 and before, but the past few updates Identity menu has worked for you. I thought I was the only one that had this weird issue. It's interesting it's happening to you now. All I can suggest is lowering your character detail in options and hope that works.[DOUBLEPOST=1479200893][/DOUBLEPOST]
Fixes up an issue with bats, if you had already put bats on players the logos would disappear.
Mike, any word on when shared logos and kits only will be able to be downloaded off the academy?

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Since the update im having the crash on pressing BEGIN. It goes through the profile data academy data log on loading thing then crashes to steam or desktop. It was fine yesterday. If I boot up the game with no save file it works but obviously all my data is gone. It's mostly all on the server. Would it be best to re download all my teams etc from the server on a new blank save?

Last edited:

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mike, any word on when shared logos and kits only will be able to be downloaded off the academy?

Im also waiting for that.Also Bats should be downloadable separately.

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Since the update im having the crash on pressing BEGIN. It goes through the profile data academy data log on loading thing then crashes to steam or desktop. It was fine yesterday. If I boot up the game with no save file it works but obviously all my data is gone. It's mostly all on the server. Would it be best to re download all my teams etc from the server on a new blank save?
Your save was the one we were specifically testing before we put the build live last night. I'll send you the one we were testing here later so you can try that.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Thanks Mikey. I will try that later. I think everything I have made is now safely on the server.
One thing I have noticed is if I download one of my grounds from the server, when I select it in the edit stadium list it immediately crashes to desktop.
The grounds that seem to be causing problems seem to be:
St Lucia )>>crash
Ousululukukuluku )>>crash
South Island )>> crash
The Village )>>crash
RDAKABRAT )>>crash
+Another I can't remember.

The Royal Palace (has a big hill)

I don't know if its worth anyone else downloading them to see if they're corrupt or not, so I know it's just my save file (s) that have issues.

It may be worth noting these are edited versions of other grounds I had made and shared then lost previously so had downloaded and edited them pre update and re shared.

Last edited:

waraa

County Cricketer
I'm having the Academy crash as soon as the sign in window pops up on-load. Attaching my directory zip.

EDIT: Looks like it's been reported before and BA is having a look.

EDIT 2: Strangely Steam did not pick the latest 0.0.78 hotfix update. Let me see what's going on.

EDIT 3: Ah, I was still on the 'stadium' beta version which I had opted-into while testing Stadium Creator issues with the older update. Opted-out and the update queued.

EDIT 4: Updated and still seeing the crash. Same scenario as Ajh above.

Attachments

• Don Bradman Cricket 17_waraa.zip
    734.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Good length + full balls can't b played on back foot.

Easily Playable in Dbc14.
I think it should b corrected.

Thoughts?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Good length + full balls can't b played on back foot.

Easily Playable in Dbc14.
I think it should b corrected.

Thoughts?
Yeah something which I too thought about as I prefer the backfoot...But I feel the approach now has to be more realistic and play to credit of the delivery with the early length indicator now available..

Though I would like to stick on with the no HUD approach so looking at the ball has got even more importance...Cant tell anything playing against a machine but AI bowling should suggest something with his/her bowling action...

Users who are viewing this thread