Story Cricket Apprentice Series 2

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm just wondering. Is it a must that you write a new series if you win? Or can you reject the offer?

That was never the case. I wanted to step down from writing the second series and Manee offered to take over. It was merely coincidental that he won.

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
*Name: freddie seccombe
*Why I am the apprentice: because i came second last time and now manee is gone wil win

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry guys, been swamped with cricket. Can people please repost their interest in it.

All you have to do is post a description of how to play the front foot defensive against a pace bowler. Diagrams are allowed. No min or max limit on words.

Enter by Wednesday, an amount will be fired to narrow it down to five.

Last edited:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Only people who enter will be taken, anyone can enter.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry guys, been swamped with cricket. Can people please repost their interest in it.

All you have to do is post a description of how to play the front foot defensive against a pace bowler. Diagrams are allowed. No min or max limit on words.

Enter by Wednesday, an amount will be fired to narrow it down to five.

Entry is only through completing of this task.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Alright, here is how you go about it.

Firstly - Judge the length. Clearly the most important. Only time one should defend a pacer on the front foot is when the ball is, obviously, full/good length. Doing it to a bouncer or a yorker is just foolish. Once you are assured that the length is correct, move onto step two..

2) The Line. It is very important you get your body right behind the ball, avoiding to play away from your body or getting cramped for room. Also avoiding playing those you can leave safely. Then there is step 3...

3) Technique. Most important. Now, there are some key points to remember for this:
- Foot to the pitch of the ball (Or as close as possible)
- Keep your elbow high and straight
- Your head should be right in line bat at all times, staring at the sponsor's sticker on the back of the bat.
- Even grip with the top and bottom hand equally tight on the middle of the handle
After you've got your technique sorted, make sure to watch out for the following:
-Swing, early or late.
-Cut
-Seam movement

As this is hard to predict, it is best to leave playing your shot till as late as possible. In order to do this you need to have quick feet and a solid technique so that you waste as less time as possible getting into position.

Users who are viewing this thread