Story Cricket Apprentice Series 2

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The second series of Cricket Apprentice is here!

howzatforanapprenticedj1.png

Sir Ian Botham successfuly introduced cricket to the USA with the first series of Howzat For An Apprentice?, now he is back with a second series and a lot has changed.

Presenter

The presenter of the first series, Lee Payne, is now coaching England so he is unavailable to present the second series. This position has now been taken by the winner of the first series Manee.

Judges

Sir Alan Sugar was going to judge the completed tasks of hopeful advertising consultants in the first series, but due to lack of interest he wasn't needed and that entire aspect of the show has been scrapped for the second series. It is now just a search for a coach for a cricket team. Simbazz, who was also a judge on the first series but made very few appearances, will have more input in series two.

The show has moved from the USA to the beautiful country of Papua New Guinea. Series two will be a search for a coach of a cricket team in Port Moresby, the capital city.

moresbyB.jpg

Port Moresby, the location for the second series of the show

Title

The show has been renamed because producers thought Howzat For An Apprentice? was too cheesy and more suitable to the people of the USA. From series two, the show will be named Cricket Crusade - crusading cricket in unknown terrotories.

Apply to be a contestant on Cricket Crusade

To be a contestant of Cricket Crusade, you must fill in the form below and post it in this thread. Fields marked with a * must be filled in otherwise your application will be rejected.

Code:
*Name:

Contestants

Sean (Gilly Fan)
Matt (Feelin Blue?)

Last edited:

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
APPLICATION FORM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Sean
Why am I "The Apprentice"?:

I am the apprentice because I am young blood. I am 14 and have had 5 years of cricketing experiece. I think I would be a very good spin coach. I also have very good knowledge of the game and would be a very good asset.

That's why I am "The Apprentice".

Last edited:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
*Name: Matt
*Why I am the apprentice: I am the apprentice because i am a capable player in all areas of the game. I am an opening batsmen who has the agility to bat a long innings and can bowl many tight overs.
Thats why i am "The Apprentice"

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You have both been added to the contestants list.
Remember Matt, the winner will coach the team, not play in it.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Hell the flight over here was torture, man, i had a kid drooling on me behind and a kid kicking me infront, but im here now ;)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Name: Zoraxis
Why: I think my very impressive resume speaks volumes:
1) My ICC 2005 record includes winning the WC07 with New Zealand and reaching the finals with Zimbabwe, and winning the WC11 with Bangladesh. I have managed Derbyshire for 11 seasons, winning the National League 9 times, CC 3 times, T20 7 times and the Challenger trophy 6 times. I have also developed 4 bowlers, 1 batsman and 1 keeper who all went on to represent England, 2 of the bowlers and the keeper even recieved National Contracts from England. And all of this on Normal, of course.
2) My Battrick team. Amongst the best here in PC, my reputation stands of that as a tactical genius, having pulled of many upsets and unlikely victories through my fine managing. My team is currently doing very well in the current PC Championships (Division 1) and in the West Indies leagues (6 in the 3rd toughest league in the country). I have also developed 2 players with my team (TT Lions) who have gone on to represent the West Indies at U-19 level.
3) In one game in charge of the Downright Donkeys in the PC Cricsim League, I set a completely different set of orders and lineups -a reversed batting lineup- and we ended up winning quite comprehensively.
4) I've been following cricket my whole life, and I daresay I know what I am talking about.
This is a great opportunity for me. Sure with this CV I can coach any team in the world, but even then I am sure this exposure shall do my career no harm.

afridi25

International Cricketer
*Name: Hameed Ahmad
*Why I am the apprentice: I am still young with 13 years of cricket experience and i played for eng u19s, i can coach a side to victory.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
*Name:Oli
*Why I am the apprentice: Why am i the aprrentice? I am the apprentice because i belive that Cricket is an amazing Game. I belive i can bring my self knowledge of cricket to the samller countries hopefully to improve them. Also i am utility batsman being able to bat a long innings from opning or 3 or ebing able to come in the lower order and get a quick fire 30. I also can bowl with pace and put it in the right areas.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
*Name: Chez
*Why I am the apprentice: I am the apprentice because I believe I have the most complete knowledge of cricket out of any possible candidates. I have a full understanding on the mental side of batting and bowling, both pace and spin, and would be able to bring a great improvement to players in a country which isn't proficient in cricket. To me, the understanding of the game is the key difference between an average player and a great one, and I can instill this understanding in the players

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Just a little note from me, do not apply if you are going on holiday within the next month, if you are going on holiday in four weeks or around that grey area, then simply post that in the thread.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
im going on holiday but will have constant access to the internet

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Just a little note from me, do not apply if you are going on holiday within the next month, if you are going on holiday in four weeks or around that grey area, then simply post that in the thread.

Im going on holidays in 33 days, just over 4 weeks.
Do you want me to cancel my aplication?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm just wondering. Is it a must that you write a new series if you win? Or can you reject the offer?

Users who are viewing this thread