Story Cricket Apprentice

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Botham's American Dream

Sir Ian Botham is taking on the US in new TV talent show "Howzat for an Apprentice?"

Sir Ian Botham was an incomparable cricketer for Somerset, Durham and England. A hard hitting and ruthless batsman who was always willing to take a risk and a sometimes unplayable swing bowler with an amazing leg cutter, the team's talisman and the crowd's favourite made history when he turned the Ashes series around against Australia in 1981 with an astonishing 149 not out at Headingley turning over odds of 500-1 and another century at Old Trafford. This unforgettable summer would be known as "Botham's Ashes".

Botham funded celebrations for children dying from leaukemia, and then went on to walk over 3000 miles to raise money for treatment for the disease. In mid 2007, "Beefy" was knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours.

Now he is set to go on his toughest quest yet - taking cricket to the US.

The Sky Sports commentator is headed for Los Angeles, where, with help from actor Tom Cruise and a host of other cricketers from past and present, will attempt to get more young Americans watching, playing and appreciating cricket.

There's no better way to get something going in the US than a TV talent show, and after the success of Cricket Star in India, broadcaster "Mr Nasty" Simon Cowell has given financial backing to the programme.

The show will be in a similar style to Donald Trump's The Apprentice, with contestants battling it out for administration positions within Botham's new Los Angeles Cricket Club.

A series of tasks will lead to recruits such as coaches, advertising consulatants, sales executives and groundsmen.

"Howzat for an Apprentice?" is coming soon to ABC.​

Contestants

Coaches

Freddie Seccombe (Given bye for 2nd and 3rd tasks)
Willie Liebenberg
Sean B
JJ Simpson
Phil Deasey
Manee
Griffo

Advertising Consultants

Tobie Chapman

Groundsmen

C.Jennings

FIRED

MC Donald (task one)
Ross Mathers (task one)
Bugsy Malone (task one)
William Ako (task two)
James Edmonds (task two)
Jack Teague (task two)

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Cricket reality show? W-o-w.

I realise the idea may not have been tried before, except for Cricket Star in India, but I think this story has a lot of potential with regards to interactivity. You won't have to sit there and read the story all the time, you'll be part of it, completing the tasks and having a say in what goes on.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
id be up for this but i dont know what i have to do

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Botham looks out for twenty apprentices

Sir Ian Botham has begun searching for twenty people to enter his TV talent show "Howzat for an Apprentice?".

The first twenty people to complete and send in the application form, shown below, will become contestants and compete for administration positions at Botham's new Los Angeles Cricket Club.

Here is an explanation of each of the fields:

Coach: one of the most important jobs at any cricket club, the winner of the coach field will assist the LACC players as they attempt to improve their games. The standard of US cricket is your responsibilty! If you can see yourself in this role, fill in the form with "Coach" in the field box.

Advertising Consultant: the advertising consultant will have to plan TV advertisements, posters and radio ads. Americans won't come to anything without knowing what it's like. The popularity of the game is your job! Fill in "Advertising Consultant" in the field box.

Groundsperson: preparing the wicket in the tropical climate of Los Angeles will be your priority. Fill in "Groundsperson" in the field box.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
APPLICATION FORM
Name:
Field:
Why are you "The Apprentice"?:

"You're Out!"

Pariticipants on the show will have to please four gruelling judges.

si_UEw150_Ian%20Botham%20portrait.jpg
Sir Ian Botham: the owner of Los Angeles Cricket Club and the man with an eye for the game. His decision will count for 40% of the decision.

Lee Payne [skateboarder]: this guy knows his cricket and will act as Sir Ian's aide throughout the programme. If you don't reach a deadline, you'll have to answer to Lee.

Simon Barrow [Simbazz]: the only American to play county cricket will know what the US want from a cricket club.

sugarb.jpg
Sir Alan Sugar: Sir Alan knows his business. The Apprentice boss will choose his ad consulatant.

kookaburra69

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
APPLICATION FORM
Name:Ross Mathers
Field:Coach

I am the Apprentice because everything i do turns to gold and thats whats going to happen in this show:p

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
id be up for this but i dont know what i have to do

Il sign up to if it doesnt take much effort lol:p

yea im deffo up for this 100% in

yer count me in.

I'm in. But before I sign up, I wanna know what I have to do. :)

APPLICATION FORM
Name:Ross Mathers
Field:Coach

I am the Apprentice because everything i do turns to gold and thats whats going to happen in this show:p

All is explained in my latest update. Welcome Ross, your name is in the first post. 19 to go!

Users who are viewing this thread