Cricket Champions 09 - Development Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nice work Hitterman.

Would like to see the full release of this game. As you know, I am working on something similar but to be used for PBeM games.

Your inbox is full, so cannot reply to your PM.
Thanks. I am planning to release a private demo version so that I can get some feedback over it from the testers.

Yes my PM inbox was full. I clear my inbox daily but still about 6-7 people send me PM daily.:p. I have cleared our so you can send me your reply.

i could do it if you want me to.
That's really great. I'll send you a PM shortly with the list of players in the database?

UPDATE
Now you can assign captain and wicketkeeper to your desired player in the playing 11 squad. You can also move your players up and down according to the order you want them to bat or bowl.

New Pitches , Hard, Normal and Wet.

My today's task is to add more and more stadiums in the database along with the connection of squad selection and gameplay engine.

Thanks to everyone who is supporting this game.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
ok then. 1 question about the pitches. what is the difference in each pitch while playing the game.

Hitterman

International Coach
Which is The Official Website?
The official website is currently under construction but it will be surely at Welcome to Codegen Studios - Next Gen Gaming.

I'll suggest you to stick here as I am providing latest updates here exclusively.

ok then. 1 question about the pitches. what is the difference in each pitch while playing the game.
The simulation will be done on the basis of pitch you choose. For ex, If you choose Wet pitch that it will be a bit hard to score runs as in reality the bowl generally skits and the outfield is slow.

Due to lack of time this time, the simulation will just result the scores and stats after every five overs and ball by ball only for last 2 overs. The next version, which will obviously be Cricket Champions 10 will be a bit advanced that this because it will be released in Q4 2010 and I'll get a lot of time to program it and add more and more functions. For this game, I have only 2 more months to program and its not possible for me to make it really very advanced due to lack of time.

I can assure you all guys that a private demo version (for those willing to test this) will be released around 20 or 21 July. It will just allow you guys to simulate a match between India and Pakistan and will probably have the season feature disabled. There will also be an official announcement here at the end of this week. I was just trying to sort out some screenshots which are from the finalized part of the game.

Hitterman

International Coach
Yes, I'll PM you I am just compiling and sorting out the end of innings stats. I am just mixed with the scores. I made the stats section 50 % but yesterday while debugging my system stopped responding and I lost that thing. However, it isn't a big deal. It's almost complete.

Few details on the Private Demo version

• T20 Match simulation between India and Pakistan.
  • Updated squads of both the teams.
  • Season mode disabled
  • Statistics option disabled
  • Database viewer option is enabled
  • All other teams are disabled due to testing.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Need another tester I'm always happy to help. Always helps to have more than one person testing/giving feedback.;)

Hitterman

International Coach
Need another tester I'm always happy to help. Always helps to have more than one person testing/giving feedback
I have added you too :)

yeah. i hope this game goes well, i wanted a T20 sim for a while.
If guys like you will support this game then my confidence will increase and that will surely improve the game as I'll add more and more features.

UPDATE

After too many requests via PMs and other means that people want a feature to create players also, I have completed their wish.

Now you guys can create a new team of your own and will be able to add players also. You can also create more and more players for other International teams. However, the editor will be external tool.

The tool will be CCPS09 Database Editor.
It will have following features:
  • Create/Edit teams
  • Create/Edit Players
  • Edit/Add Stadiums

Another thing added is loading screens so that the weird loading will not freak you.

Though I am adding more and more features but it won't affect the release date of private demo which is 21 July 2009.

Current Testers:
Hedger
Burnsy

Any more feature you guys wish to have it in this game? I'll try if it could be included.

I need a good graphics designer who can design a professional logo for the game as I am too busy in programming. Obviously, he'll be credited. Please contact me if Interested.

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
ok. how are the skills rated, like ratings out of 100 or something like that or based on batting/bowling average.

Hitterman

International Coach
I too want to be tester. And will try to do Graphics.
If possible, please try to make the logo and PM me it first.

ok. how are the skills rated, like ratings out of 100 or something like that or based on batting/bowling average.
Currently, there will be a rating system where players will get some points 100. This is also with the teams. However, it can only be changed via CCPS09 Database Editor.

Let me also tell you that the player rating will not affect much as in 20-20 the stats never say anything. It's all about your current performance.

As I've told before that due to lack of time, I can't make it highly advanced. However, the CCPS10 will be more advanced than this one as I'll be able to get some more time.

UPDATE:

Today is a big day as I'll be starting developing the match engine. I hope everything goes well today :).

All I need is support from everyone. Thanks a lot for your support.

Last edited:

Hitterman

International Coach
Ok, hope all goes well with this.
Me too. Thanks!

where to download this?
Sorry dude but this game is still under development. Please be sure to read the thread's posts.

Hitterman never added anything later on so please don't worry...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread