Introduction, Features and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
October 4 2009, Update 2
In terms of my goals for this weekend, I have almost got extras in place. Most of the piping is in place but I realized I need to change a bit of the underlying architecture to account for balls where multiple events are happening. Imagine a ball, for example, that is bowled no ball, run for byes and results in a run out. The simulation will need to add runs from the no ball, runs from the byes as well as take into account the wicket.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
October 5 2009
I've finished writing the extras and wickets part, just about a day late. :) Still needs some thorough testing to make sure it doesn't have bugs counting runs like Syedur Rehman's Cricksim. Hopefully once I move into beta test I will be able to catch those bugs (if they exist!).

Here are a few screenies...

20091005_1_01.png

Sehwag is blitzing!

20091005_1_02.png

India put up a mammoth total (highest T20 score ever?)

20091005_1_03.png

Bangladesh crumble under the pressure.

20091005_1_04.png

Getting an idea of how the ball-by-ball adapter displays its content.

20091005_1_05.png

Ball-by-ball is updated with match result as well as man of the match!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
October 6 2009
Made some minor bug fixes and just released a close beta to PlanetCricket Cricsim Staff. Still a few teething issues with the installer but hopefully I should be starting the feedback pipes.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
October 8 2009
Posted an updated closed beta test (0.0.4) for Cricsim staff. Also added a "Fall of Wickets" feature which took all of 5 minutes to code and 5 more to test. :)

Next step is adding the ability to add/edit/delete grounds so that there is more than just the Wankhede Stadium to choose from! Hoping to get that done tonight.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
October 8 2009, Update 2
You can now create, delete, modify, etc. grounds. Screenies may be coming soon but its not that big a feature, so probably not. :p Ground conditions are not yet in the algorithm (don't think they'll make a huge difference in Twenty20) but they will definitely matter in the FC and OD engines so I figured I put them in now.

From the Twenty20 engine standpoint, I think I may move to a public beta next week, or maybe even this weekend. Just a couple of tweaks needed to be done before then. Perhaps figure out a way to create PNG's of scorecards or a listener that outputs to a text file.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
October 12 2009
I've been working on implementing special skills. Right now the UI is almost complete at which point I will actually implement it into the simulation engine. Hopefully in a couple of days it'll be ready.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
October 29 2009
Fell out of the loop again since getting stuck on a special skills issue. I've figure out how to solve it in my head but still gotta go and implement.

However, found out some good news... turns out you can turn any XAML into a PNG image pretty easily. This means that those pretty scorecards... they can be outputted to a PNG and posted directly on the web. :) I'm going to try and implement this when I get back home, tonight.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
October 31 2009
Just added the ability for the sim to create images like this directly from the program. Hopefully this should ease the burden on the simmers and make it easier for testers to share their results!

SUPDYN_1.png

SUPDYN_2.png

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
November 1 2009
Not much in the way of development but I finally went ahead and set up an SVN server+web server on my new computer. So this'll mean that I'll have some safety net on a hard-drive failure (phew!).

I'm actually stuck on a WPF issue right now and am waiting for responses on several .NET/WPF technical forums. It has to do with special skills. As soon as that is implemented I'll have a public beta out for the T20 engine.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
November 11 2009
The pending issue has finally been fixed. Cost me 50 reps on stackoverflow.com, but the fix was thankfully very simple. Hopefully I should have a tester version out later this week.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
November 18 2009
Was away traveling this weekend and work has been busy this week. I'm going to try to get a public alpha release on Saturday! If you're interested, download and install the .NET 3.5 framework (or if there's one newer than that, that works too).

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
December 7 2009
I've been tweaking the simulation statistics and have had fewer ridiculously high scores. The range for the few tests I conducted were from 37/10 to about 170 for the first innings with all but one match going into at least the 19th over.

Also, I've been working on implementing the special skills. Only have one in yet but hopefully should have them in soon. Target for 0.1.2 is to have special skills and ground conditions implemented.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
January 6 2010
Implemented scorecard persistence. Now, when matches are played, they are marked as completed and you can view the scorecard later. To complement this, I will be adding "Load Previous Lineup" and "Save Scorecard". Also need to add partnerships to the database--currently they are not stored anywhere.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
January 6 2010, Update 2
Implemented the "Load Previous Lineup" feature in the match simulation dialog. This will allow you to load a lineup from a date-wise previous match (any match that has taken place before the match you're trying to play). It will also check to make sure that players still exist in the teams, although I don't suppose this will be a huge deal.

I'll implement the Save Scorecard from the View Scorecard page tomorrow and hopefully release 0.1.3 on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread