Sign-ups Cricket-Championship.com Planet Cricket Leagues

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
First Round of our Planet Cricket 50 Over League starts on Sunday, applications get processed in the next day or so, then the draw will be finalised and all the fixtures will appear listed under your Fixtures so you can set all your pitches and teams ahead of time.

Last edited:

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Wow, we're dominating so far :D. 232 for Valentine and 8 wickets for Carter!

Is there any potential space in the OD league? I only got invited to the FC one.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Wow, we're dominating so far :D. 232 for Valentine and 8 wickets for Carter!

Is there any potential space in the OD league? I only got invited to the FC one.

Hey Sam, sorry, 50 over league was already full when you signed up, but we will be expanding at the end of the season and trying to come up with a 2nd division with promotion and relegation for both leagues when we recomission them.

I'll try sending you an invitation to the 50 over league now, and if you accept it will place you as a reserve in case someone withdraws their application or has signed up to a clashing league, but I think about 9 have signed up for the 8 team league already.

You could try joining a couple of the other 50 over leagues on cricket championship to take you through to the end of the season, they spring up all the time and they're generally timed so they finish at the end of the official cricket championship season so everyone is ready for the new season at the same time.

Also, just noticed you declared at 480 off 90 overs in your game, if you'd batted on til 500 you would have got maximum batting bonus points, worth remembering in future.

Edit: Just noticed there are 10 people already applied for the 50 over league, but sent you an invite anyway, I think a few people are going to miss out, it enters teams into the league in the order they signed up.

I think the ideal solution would be for someone to commission a smaller Planet Cricket 50 over League next week, and to invite any of the teams who miss out to play, and then we can come up with a multi-division league at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@SamP have just sent you an invitation, a couple of teams had clashing leagues that were going to cancel their applications, so there's still space if you want to play.
Make sure you accept fairly soon because the league gets finalised in about 24 hours.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Thanks mate, I've appplied. only just switched over from the basic to advanced interface and realised about the declaration :(. Will keep note of it in the future!

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Thanks mate, I've appplied. only just switched over from the basic to advanced interface and realised about the declaration :(. Will keep note of it in the future!

Is only one point so shouldn't make much difference, you got 4 batting points anyway, and you denied Hawks CC any bowling points because you were only 2 wickets down.
Is not as bad as me, in my first friendly match I chose the wrong Bhatti and had a fast bowler doing the wicket keeping (I have 2 Bhattis in my squad, and 5 Khans, and 3 Ahmeds, and 2 Aslams, it gets confusing).

Have accepted your application, we have the 7 teams from the 4 day league, plus another new team called Brethren, so that makes 8 teams meaning we have a 50 over game each Sunday for 14 weeks with no byes.

HawkAussie

Panel of Selectors
Hobart Hurricanes
Profile Flag
Australia
I reckon my team will go for the draw because there is no way we will win from here

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
I reckon my team will go for the draw because there is no way we will win from here

If you bat all day you should have a lead of close to 300.
You'd be surprised how much the pitches change and detiorate, the last day might be good for bowling, Raghu bowled me out in 2 sessions on a wearing final day pitch in our 4 day friendly after I posted a first innings lead of close to 150.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
some what we did great come back from 350+ runs trail... at end of day 3 we are leading with 100+ runs with 5 wickets in hand... but tomorrows 1st session will be crucial for the match...

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Draw has been finalised for the Planet Cricket 50 Over League...is the 7 teams from the FC championship plus another new team called Brethren...first game on Sunday...we'll all have one game a week for the next 14 weeks.
You can go into Fixtures now and click on View and set up all your pitches in advance to make sure the groundsman has enough time to prepare the one you want.

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India

Users who are viewing this thread