Sign-ups Cricket-Championship.com Planet Cricket Leagues

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Last edited:

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
@Raghu am 458/6 at Stumps on Day 2, a lead of 135, am thinking I need it, I don't want to bat last on this pitch, is breaking up now.
I still have some batting to come, I sent in a Night Watchman, but he only lasted one ball. My wicket keeper is now listed to come in at 9, so my captain Baloch still has some support to come along with allrounder Aslam at the crease.

458/6 118.0ov GGo 1st inns | Gujranwala Gorillas vs BRISBANE JUMPERS scorecard | Cricket Championship
:eek:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
All out for 476, a lead of 153, well bowled @Raghu, a good comeback, I threatened to make a lot more at one point, then you ran through my middle and lower order. If you can get a lead of 200+ in your 2nd innings it should be an interesting chase on a wearing pitch, a lead of 250 and I will be very worried.
There is still a lot of cloud around, and the pitch is becoming better for bowling with every hour, the cracks are opening up and it's taking more spin, last day should be interesting.

476/10 124.2ov GGo 1st inns | Gujranwala Gorillas vs BRISBANE JUMPERS scorecard | Cricket Championship

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
BRISBANE JUMPERS lead by 224 runs with 6 wickets remaining

Day 3 - close

First innings of BRISBANE JUMPERS - 323 for 10. 83.5 overs.
A.A. Kondhalkar 103
S.S. Tehlan 62
P.N. Bharati 61
-----------------------
M.M. Ahmed 31/4
A.A.A. Aslam 47/2
M.A. Ahmed 59/2
-----------------------

First innings of Gujranwala Gorillas - 476 for 10. 124.2 overs.
S. Khan 133
Q.F. Niazi 98
B.E. Said 73
-----------------------
A.O. Ravindra 101/4
B.V. Seth 111/4
S.D. Rathod 58/1
-----------------------

Second innings of BRISBANE JUMPERS - 377 for 4. 93 overs.
P.N. Bharati 93
A.A. Kondhalkar 83
F.D. Das 77*
-----------------------
M.A. Ahmed 79/3
M.A. Khan 65/1
-----------------------

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@Raghu Where are you, your team needs you! I hope you've set up some sort of declaration target, would be a shame if you forgot and batted out the day and finished on 800/4.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
You've out-tweaked me there @Raghu, looks like it is I that has to make the hasty retreat at Tea, and I will be doing more than just a little bit of tweaking...I will be tweaking every setting I can find in a desperate bid to hang on for the draw.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Ouch, that didn't last long, seems your maximum aggression trumped my maximum defence in the last session there.
The dangling carrot of the declaration got me in the end, was perfectly timed, but I was really only testing to see if I could pull off a run-chase before the league season starts, don't want to be trying this sort of silliness for the first time in an important game.
Great play though @Raghu, I think your batsmen in the 2nd innings won it for you, I was torn between attacking and defending because I didn't want you to build your lead too quickly, in the end I think you scared me into losing.
Your seamers were good all game too, but am surprised our spinners didn't take a few more wickets.
My first choice fast bowlers were all unfit due to playing too much and training too hard over the weekend so I rested them, so beware Raghu, I will have my revenge in the Leagues...

Gujranwala Gorillas vs BRISBANE JUMPERS scorecard | Cricket Championship

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
BRISBANE JUMPERS lead by 224 runs with 6 wickets remaining

BRISBANE JUMPERS won by 135 runs
Man of the match: A.O. Ravindra

First innings of BRISBANE JUMPERS - 323 for 10. 83.5 overs.
A.A. Kondhalkar 103
S.S. Tehlan 62
P.N. Bharati 61
-----------------------
M.M. Ahmed 31/4
A.A.A. Aslam 47/2
M.A. Ahmed 59/2
-----------------------

First innings of Gujranwala Gorillas - 476 for 10. 124.2 overs.
S. Khan 133
Q.F. Niazi 98
B.E. Said 73
-----------------------
A.O. Ravindra 101/4
B.V. Seth 111/4
S.D. Rathod 58/1
-----------------------

Second innings of BRISBANE JUMPERS - 487 for 9, declared. 109 overs.
F.D. Das 108
P.N. Bharati 93
A.A. Kondhalkar 83
-----------------------
M.A. Ahmed 97/3
A.A.A. Aslam 61/2
M.M. Ahmed 132/2
-----------------------

Second innings of Gujranwala Gorillas - 199 for 10. 53 overs.
R.A. Baloch 85
Q.F. Niazi 46
A.S. Zeb 27
-----------------------
A.O. Ravindra 49/6
B.V. Seth 57/3
R. Patel 39/1
-----------------------

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
@Slowcoach somewhere i knew that, i had major chance in the match when our team won the toss... but your team's 1st innings created some doubts, but kept unchanged tactics till last session of day 3... just i needed to set a declaration target to 330... that's it... and today at lunch, i make sure my front-line seamers bowl maximum overs...

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@Raghu I was worried about your seamers, so I just tried to sit on them and attack the spinners, but it didn't work, you were too clever and didn't bowl your spinners much in the 2nd innings.
Thought attacking the spinners was my only chance to win.
My plan was to just bat normally to Tea, then think about winning from there if I still had a chance, but you got lucky with the new ball and I ran out of batsmen in the end.
I probably should have been more defensive and batted for the draw, but I wanted to try a run chase before the leagues and because it made things more entertaining.
I don't know what you did with your opening bowlers, you seemed to come up with some awesome equation that equated to lots of wickets and no runs.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Gujranwala Gorillas vs beasts of bourbon scorecard | Cricket Championship

Gujranwala Gorillas v beasts of bourbon - 50 over friendly - at the GGG

Gujranwala Gorillas 290/9 (50 overs)

S.Khan 51
I.M.Khan 90
R.A.Baloch 53
M.A.Hakim 51

T.Huckett 5-54
G.Capstick 2-49

beasts of bourbon all out 223 (47.5 overs)

R.J.Ledger 50
N.Wright 83

A.T.Shah 2-28
N.H.Khan 4-34
M.A.Khan 2-52

Gujranwala Gorillas won by 67 runs

Man of the match: I.M.Khan

Users who are viewing this thread