Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

Got some awesome bowling stats so far this season!

Code:
Overs Maidens Runs Wkts Best 5WH Econ   S-R   Avg   %Team Wickets 

28.1     4     113  15  5/14  1  4.02  11.24  7.53  28.57

Aint doin to bad me tinks :)

Incredible game for me today. We lost by one wicket. I opened the batting (yikes!) on the worst bouncing pitch I have ever seen. It just didn't bounce at all. I got 26 off 47 balls, which was the joint highest score in the match, equal with their opener. We collapsed after I got out, bowled out for 97 (40 over mens match). We knew we had a chance defending with this pitch though and we got so close, but their keeper was a old head and pulled them through. Just one more wicket.....

More runs for me on Saturday, making a solid 49 before smashing it down long-on's throat looking to up the run rate in the last 10 overs.

Bowling I took 1-31 from 5. Couldn't actually control how much I was turning the ball and also bowled too short, however, pulling my calf with the first ball I bowled didn't help.

Scorecard:
http://bristol.play-cricket.com/scoreboard/scorecard.asp?id=10340779

nice one Arslaan

Only just started going back to my club, they were impressed with my fielding, made a supreme backwards somersault to take a catch, and i had the most accruate throw. All we did was fielding but being it my first time back in like a year i am loving it. Was in nets all week before and starting to get loads of swing, i think we had a game today but they weren't allowed to chooose me lol. In nets nxt week, hoping to impress. Thats all for now:p

Good luck Jaz :)

Got some awesome bowling stats so far this season!

Code:
Overs Maidens Runs Wkts Best 5WH Econ   S-R   Avg   %Team Wickets 

28.1     4     113  15  5/14  1  4.02  11.24  7.53  28.57

Aint doin to bad me tinks :)

Excellent stuff Treva

Incredible game for me today. We lost by one wicket. I opened the batting (yikes!) on the worst bouncing pitch I have ever seen. It just didn't bounce at all. I got 26 off 47 balls, which was the joint highest score in the match, equal with their opener. We collapsed after I got out, bowled out for 97 (40 over mens match). We knew we had a chance defending with this pitch though and we got so close, but their keeper was a old head and pulled them through. Just one more wicket.....

Damn i hate it when that happens.. Good batting Wolf though! :clap

More runs for me on Saturday, making a solid 49 before smashing it down long-on's throat looking to up the run rate in the last 10 overs.

Bowling I took 1-31 from 5. Couldn't actually control how much I was turning the ball and also bowled too short, however, pulling my calf with the first ball I bowled didn't help.

Scorecard:
http://bristol.play-cricket.com/scoreboard/scorecard.asp?id=10340779

Nice knock including a six there Steve........Unlucky not to reach your half-century though....and bowling wise unlucky...

Last edited:
In our 20 over game today.

Took a catch at mid Off having to dive.

Took 1 wicket for 3 runs off 2 overs.

They got 125 off 20 overs.

I was to come in third

but the openers played brilliant and got up to 122 from 19.4 overs and the opener tried to slog it to win and got caught.

So i had to go in and with one ball left and 9 fielders on the boundary and get at least four to win.

I ran down the wicket after an attempted yorker and smashed it over the pavillion for 6.

Thats the beauty of having a mens bat in a 13 year olds game the ball is 4 and 3/4oz so it flies off the back.

So far this year i have got

6* off 3 balls.
5* off 2 balls.
and
1* off 1 ball.

Bowling so far 4 overs 3 wickets and 4 runs from them.

Im opening this wednesday and been given the captaincy.

And this sunday im batting at 3.

I play for Stradbroke cc, only been playing cricket since January so i think i've developed pretty well. My best bowling figures are 3-36 with my top batting score of 3. I have 2 games this weekend, weather permitting so i hope to improve my batting total. I had a good net last night, once i got my guard sorted i played some decent shots. I am really enjoying playing cricket, and i really enjoy facing up to a bowler. Great fun.

Won by 100 runs today. :D We made 186, and then bowled them out for 86. I made 18 batting at no.5. One of our bowlers took 4 wickets in an over!

Play again tommorow.

We won today as well, we got bowled out for 150. I got 15 (9 off the first over, opening) but one ball bounced up a bit and I edged behind.

We then bowled them out for 80 odd, we had them 8-6 at one point and then let all the rubbish bowlers bowl.

Last edited:
i had 2 matches on the weekend, sundays match was best, we got 178/5 off 40 overs , bowled them out for 133 off 37 overs

Users who are viewing this thread