Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

We lost by 7 wickets with 1 ball left :( We batted first (of course) and made a poor start losing 2 early wickets bringing me in at 4 for some reason. First ball took my back leg and a nice lump :D
Hit my 4th ball for four slashed high over point then next ball took a single to square leg. Then hit this guy who was swinging it miles, crack through mid-off for four. Hit my third four from the quickest bowler who bowled a yorker which I squirted through backward point for four. I then cracked one to long-on, slipped over going for the second and my partner didn't stop so curtains for me in my best innings ever probably. We scored 104-7 which was probably a little short at the time, but we had players who played so they could get a game so we struggled at times.

Came out to bowl and it drizzled, we stayed on but fielding and bowling became difficult. Opening bowlers bowled total rubbish and they got off to a flyer. On I came with my off-spin to slow the run rate down. Which I did. Got a wicket 4th ball top edged sweep to straight mid-wicket :D Catch dropped off me in my 3rd over which was very annoying. Last ball got hit for four...gutted. We brought back our main seamers for the last few overs and they had a fat guy batting so they took barely any singles, but they got runs due to wet outfield and slipping. Came down the last with two to win, dot dot dot 1 (misfield) 1 :(

Good game though, especialy for me :D

Flitwick U-15 104-7 (A.K. 20 D.Davie 14) 20.0 Overs
Harlington 105-3 U-15 (Fat guy 36*, Davie 1/19) 19.5 Overs

My cricket schedule:
2/3 net sessions per week
One Under 15 game per week(20 overs)
One Under 17 game per week(20 overs)
Usually a school game every 2 weeks(40 overs)
And 1 or 2 mens games a week(40 overs)

I'm good at cricket, going on what people have told me, and by my own performances, but when I come home from school I really don't feel like going out again so I never look forward to training. It's an annoying thing really because I enjoy it when I get there!

Travelled all the way to the other side of nottingham after being stuck in traffic for 2 hours! And then the game gets called off. Oh well looks like I will be playing saturday 1st for a while :)

My match called off for rain also. Really annoying as we are 5 points off top, so we are praying they don't play either.

Rained off.
Carter cup Under 17's tomorrow at home, that looks on.
Went an watched our firsts, Chris Brown, our spinner, ex Lancashire, opened the bowling and took 8-for. Before tea he had 7-9. It was brilliant.

Travelled all the way to the other side of nottingham after being stuck in traffic for 2 hours! And then the game gets called off. Oh well looks like I will be playing saturday 1st for a while :)

I hate it when that happens. Worse still, is when you travel 3 hours, field in blazing sunshine, only for a thunderstorm to occur during tea washing the game out.

I hate it when that happens. Worse still, is when you travel 3 hours, field in blazing sunshine, only for a thunderstorm to occur during tea washing the game out.

OR, get to a game and the pitch is a river, get told to go home, arrive home to unpack my kit bag to be phoned and told to go back the games on! Thats the main reason i dont unpack much out of my bag now :p

Played in the U17's game today.
If we won we'd go through, and we trahsed them, playing Lowestoft.
They put us in on a wet, stopping pitch, I hit 59, and Lincs hit 50 in abut 20 balls. Although I batted significatly longer than that.

Kept okay, was a bit knackered, but we restricted them to 86 off their 36 overs.

Winning by over a 100 runs > *.

Good day for me, took 4/23 from 7 overs, not bad for someone who's only really been bowling off-spin for a month or so :D. Then we went on to win by 7 wickets in about 23 overs, chasing 186. :D

My bowling stats this season now read:

Overs: 23.2
Wickets: 10
S/R: 14.00
Average: 11.80
Economy 5.09

Good day for me, took 4/23 from 7 overs, not bad for someone who's only really been bowling off-spin for a month or so :D. Then we went on to win by 7 wickets in about 23 overs, chasing 186. :D

My bowling stats this season now read:

Overs: 23.2
Wickets: 10
S/R: 14.00
Average: 11.80
Economy 5.09

Christ Stevie, i like the middle columns of Average, nice going :p

Played for the 3rds today, easy win, saying there top by, well i dunno how many points first time ive played.

Went in to open and made a nice 24, with 2 sixes, one which came awefully close to landing on my grandmother may i add.

Bowling, well i was just testing out the medium pace, found the inswing a bit and with that came a single wicket, LBW for 89. The guy who i got out was the only guy to get into double figures.

So my 3rds record (Just to copy Stevie here)

Nah im joking, my stats for today were 10-0-32-1 which isnt bad :D OH and first LBW of the summer for me :D

Nah im joking, my stats for today were 10-0-32-1 which isnt bad :D OH and first LBW of the summer for me :D

10 overs? How long are your 3rd XI games?

Just worked out my stats for the last two seasons:

Played: 38
Innings: 36
Not Out: 3
Runs: 485
Average: 14.70
H/S: 49

Overs: 66.2
Wickets: 20
Average: 17.90
S/R: 19.85
Economy: 5.41
BB: 7-3-23-4

10 overs? How long are your 3rd XI games?

Just worked out my stats for the last two seasons:

Played: 38
Innings: 36
Not Out: 3
Runs: 485
Average: 14.70
H/S: 49

Overs: 66.2
Wickets: 20
Average: 17.90
S/R: 19.85
Economy: 5.41
BB: 7-3-23-4

6 games of 50 overs, 8 games of 40, and differnt games of 20/20 depending on how many teams enter :)

You overall average is nice, Economy is a bit high but nothing to worry about, getting a wicket every 3 overs, or just over. So overall top stats, and nice BB, just over 3 runs off the overs with 4 wickets :)

Well check out my stats this season:
Played: 3
Overs: 6
Average: 8.33
S/R: 12
Economy: 4
BB: 2-1-5-2

Anyone want to beat my average :p

Bahh lemme work it out here,

Overall (As in every game ive played this season)

Matches; 13
Overs; 32
Average; 23.89
S/R; 21
Ecom; 2.45
BB; 6-3-14-3

Batting wise;

Matches; 13
Innings; 10
Runs; 243
Av; 24.30 (Correct maths? Dunno :p Only passed by a few marks :rolleyes:)
H/S; 70+ Cant remember exactly my score

Users who are viewing this thread