Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

Yes, but you also need a stable base of reliable players to achieve this.
I am reliable but just had a couple of busy weeks right at the start of the season. Had a good net yesterday, should bat 3 or 4 because i can't open and our number 1 is the coaches son. Also been picked for the 2nds on sunday again, was worried they didn't want to play me this year, :) If you're wondering how i can so categorically say i'm better than everyone in my under 15s team its because there all **** :p and year 9s thanks to lack of numbers, only 3 15 year olds.

I hate it when that happens. Worse still, is when you travel 3 hours, field in blazing sunshine, only for a thunderstorm to occur during tea washing the game out.

We had to pay for tea aswell and I didn't even have any :mad: At least we got £1 off!

Well check out my stats this season:
Played: 3
Overs: 6
Average: 8.33
S/R: 12
Economy: 4
BB: 2-1-5-2

Anyone want to beat my average :p

Hey seeing my amount of overs I would class myself pretty decent :p

Overs: 38.1
Maidens: 5
Runs: 139
Wickets: 16
Best Bowling: 5/14
5 WH: 1
Econ: 3.64
SR: 14.33
Average: 8.69

:D

Bahhh, bad night at the office for me!

Came in at 4 to be nicely waved away for 5, run out, stupid run, an athlete couldnt have made it, i had no chance, so off i trotted.

With the bowling, went for the left arm medium for the second time this season and couldnt get the radar working, and when i did the swing screwed it up so it either pea rolled or just died on its way to the keeper, but then again, i only bowled one over, as i sprained my ankle last week n its still not healed right, kinda broke down...

Cant wait for the 20/20 game tomorrow against a rival college :D

Great Weekend.
50 on Saturday opening the batting.
Today, 3 stumpings and a catch, and 14 not out chasing down 56.

Heavy rain again this week will probably mean 3 adult weekend games called off in a row :mad

Bloddy Weather!!!!!

We somehow managed to get away with playing a full game Saturday and got roughly a two thirds through a game yesterday. Can't believe the weather at the moment, certainly the worst summer I can remember!

My season so far:
Games: 8
Runs: 23
Average= 2.875 (pretty decent considering i started the season with 4 ducks :p)
Catches= 5
Overs: 30 (guess :p)
Wickets: 7

Not too bad tbh, considering i only started playing cricket in January. I played a match saving innings in the last game, surviving the last 17 overs, scoring 3* as we were playing for a draw :p, so i am happy with my progression, yet to hit a boundary though. Just havent built up the confidence to have a go yet. It will come though.

ive played 4 matches for my saturday team, about 3 have been rained off.
first match - 43 ran myself out from the non strikers end lol
2nd match - got 7 dodgey wicket lol
3rd match - 2 opening the batting when i had never faced a new ball before lol !
4th match - 1 caught in the slips

average slowly dropping lol, i need a 50 or just a few 20s or 30s.

average = 13.33

My average would have been awful before the last two weekends. I think I had about 40 runs combined in about 5 innings. Then 3 games and two 50's and an unbeaten 14 later..

I got a golden duck today, caught on the boundary becaiuse i went for it. they made 126 off 20 overs. Yet our batsmen decided to defend and play for their averages, it had fun in it though lol. One of our batsmen got ran out by the captain who veryone hates and he lost it, threw his helmet at him, told the umpire to F off and just went mental. brings my average to about 20 now :( its a joke, i want to die. had fun whilst feilding though, we all gave our coach so much grief, i accidentally threw the ball a bit off course and it hit him, needless to say I'm now a legend :D so in a way it was worth it. No it blatantly wasn't i want to die. Oh well under 17s tomorrow.

can't wait to go to India in 2 weeks :D get to play again.
Too bad i get only like 2 practice sessions and a game a year tho.
i hate small town USA :(

Only got 11 on Saturday. Gave it away really, awful shot. Got a cuaght behind and a stumping.
Sunday was rained off.
Touring game on Thursday though, chance to make ammends.

I had a 64* for seconds, not worth the 2 hour travel through heavy traffic to Northampton though. We made 120(ish) for 4 after 30 overs in a 45 over game and were going reasonably strong but then it was rained off :(

I haven't had a game for ages, my match for friday has already been called off and my match yesterday was called off too, the mens games haven't started for about 3 weeks, i'm fed up with this weather...

i reckon my average is somewhere in the mid 30's this year so far...after a strong start i have started to lose it, but hopefully i will recapture some sort of form after this awful weather goes, if it does before christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread