Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

Tommorow a hours nets and then a 2 hour match.
Wednesday 10 5 over each matches thats a 100 overs for school.
Then 5 minutes after thats over i have to play a 20/20 game for my club.
Then 2 hours nets on thursday and a 20/20 on saturday.

Thats 180 overs and 5 hours nets in a week

Last edited by a moderator:
Played 1st team for first time on saturday! We thrashed em and I bowled 7 overs (straight) 1/14, and got a wicket off a no ball. Wasn't even a front foot no ball! Was a back foot no ball for having backfoot on the vertical line :mad:

Ahh well taking a wicket on 1st team debut is not bad :)

5 hours nets? thats poor :p In all seriousness i went through a phase of too much nets! was playing like 3 or 4 hours a day for a couple of weeks recently but have slowed down as i've found beter things to do lol. Playing tonight and I'm really nervous. Because i'm playing people from my school and i couldn't take doing badly not worried about how good they are though, they are poor but tonight If i want to get back in the 2nds then i need to stop having a laugh when i bat and focus. Few nerves always helps though, not like getting a poo 2 and out to a fat ginger spinner :p whilst after you're mates had a 100 partnership and going out their telling jokes.

just got back from my game. Words can't describe my coach. I'm easily the best batsmen in our side, i'm the only one to have made a 100 yet he thinks because i never go to nets i can't bat. So i didn't bat :( Please explain the logic? Then this absolute massive guy from our school, complete nutter comes in and hit his first 3 balls for 6. Ended up with about 30 off 10 balls smashed it to the boundary and i took one of those catches you know makes up for anything in the day that you do. Bowled 1 tight over for about 4. God i hate twenty20. Seriously thinking about starting my own club now. I'v got the land and i know people who would invest just not sure they'd trust a 14 year old numpty :p

just got back from my game. Words can't describe my coach. I'm easily the best batsmen in our side, i'm the only one to have made a 100 yet he thinks because i never go to nets i can't bat. So i didn't bat :( Please explain the logic? Then this absolute massive guy from our school, complete nutter comes in and hit his first 3 balls for 6. Ended up with about 30 off 10 balls smashed it to the boundary and i took one of those catches you know makes up for anything in the day that you do. Bowled 1 tight over for about 4. God i hate twenty20. Seriously thinking about starting my own club now. I'v got the land and i know people who would invest just not sure they'd trust a 14 year old numpty :p

Calm down Joe :p. By the sounds of it you must e quite a good batsmen, but you have to show commitment, and maybe that is what your coach wants. turn up to the nets, and prove yourself, that's all you'll have to do I imagine. Yea, I don't like twenty20's either, and about your own club, I will join, it's only a boat journey across :p

Calm down Joe :p. By the sounds of it you must e quite a good batsmen, but you have to show commitment, and maybe that is what your coach wants. turn up to the nets, and prove yourself, that's all you'll have to do I imagine. Yea, I don't like twenty20's either, and about your own club, I will join, it's only a boat journey across :p
planet cricket CC, sounds good ;) I do turn up to nets just not the teams ones, the ones i organise with people i like.I just find it insulting that I bat below a girl in year 9 :p she made the top score of 20 to be fair but it was off about 50 balls :eek: should be more worried about the fact one of my team mates wants to bang my sister i guess...

Had a good net session tonight...bowl accurate off-spin and got "a lot" of spin and bounce. Playing tommorow away and 12th man for thursday. I should play thursday hopefully if someone drops out :upray.

I wouldn't want someone with your attitude on my team tbh. Get some humility and prove yourself to your captain.

My football team had a match yesterday, played that then went to nets and bowled for an hour. My captain did not know which way to go, bowled him with quick yorkers twice, got him to edge it and another one he lashed straight up. Then today I played a bit of park cricket, hit 30 before I got bored, bowled and over where I got a wicket and hit the batsman in the face, a rubber ball, was wearing no helmet, no damage done, still hilarious :D

edit: He almost hit me in the face with a hard ball just before that, had no helmet, but i hooked him to the boundary :D

Last edited:
I wouldn't want someone with your attitude on my team tbh. Get some humility and prove yourself to your captain.

It's not my captain its my coach, i have other things in my life than cricket you know :rolleyes: I don't need to prove myself to anyone but my coach maintains you need to turn up to the nets the week before to get more involvement. So i bat down the order and we lose, thats plain stupidity.

No, it's not.
It's better for the team that players concentration and detirmination and commitment to the club is rewarded.
I'd hate to have a player in my side that didn't turn up to nets everyweek with an excuse.

No, it's not.
It's better for the team that players concentration and detirmination and commitment to the club is rewarded.
I'd hate to have a player in my side that didn't turn up to nets everyweek with an excuse.
Given the fact theres only been 4 team nets though its unfair for missing 2 to single me out. Surely it would be better for the team to win more matches and possibly get promotion into another league, make more money and develop as a club, and being part of a successful team is far better than being part of a losing team. It's ridiculous when you don't bat and bowl just 1 over.

Yes, but you also need a stable base of reliable players to achieve this.

Bitter sweet for me last evening, 5.5ov bowl, ill tell you why i couldnt complete in a second, i took 2 wickets, first was an absolute scorcher of a ball, up there in the area which had him coming foward defending it, found the bat handle (Ok glove ;) but it all counts) and the keeper took a blinder to his far left.

Second wicket, tried to bowl a quicker flatter one, achieved it, only to slip after release and badly sprain my ankle :mad: BUT i uprooted middle stump, batsmen watched me instead of the ball :happy

3 weeks out, more like a week in my terms ;)

Users who are viewing this thread