Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

My team is doing pretty well in our U18 competition. We were absolutely thrashed by the number 1 when we first played them: one of their opening batsman scored 250 (yes, you read it right!) in a 40 over match. He didn't really gave a chance during his innings and he eventually got himself out. He just walked a single and a direct hit did the rest.

We're a pretty good fielding side, though. Second time round, I got the guy who scored 250 caught behind for only 10. (Very pleasing moment!). We got them all out for 160. Our batting remains the biggest problem. Every total above the 150 is nearly impossible for us to chase. Only two guys from my team scored a 50 this year, which is ridiculously low. But hey, I'm number 11, so if I bowl well, my job is done! Oh, and I think we're 4th in the team-table, out of 6 teams...

I have been asked to play in a match for the cricket team at school on Wednesday, and I am worried about being massively underprepared. The poor weather and a problem with clubs means that I haven't played a match all season, and I haven't practiced for weeks - the best I have done is with a plastic bat, a plastic ball and some really poor players in P.E lessons.

If the weather is dry, I will practice once or twice over the weekend. I am likely to be the main hope for the team, batting in the top order and opening the bowling. How should I approach this match?

I have been asked to play in a match for the cricket team at school on Wednesday, and I am worried about being massively underprepared. The poor weather and a problem with clubs means that I haven't played a match all season, and I haven't practiced for weeks - the best I have done is with a plastic bat, a plastic ball and some really poor players in P.E lessons.

If the weather is dry, I will practice once or twice over the weekend. I am likely to be the main hope for the team, batting in the top order and opening the bowling. How should I approach this match?

Sounds like all you can really do is go out and enjoy it!

I bet money, any rain tomorrow and my weekends off. Sundays pratically off as it is. Our home ground was under water a couple of days ago and seeing as Sunday is at home. Saturday could still go ahead, but again, any rain tomorrow and I'd reckon its off.

Great win today! 40 over game. They only had 9 players and won the toss and batted. Their openers looked really good and were on 45-0 off 10 but then they collapsed to 69-7, our skipper getting 5 wickets, and our new legspinner on debut getting 2 wickets. Then their last wicket pair managed to get them to 106 all out.

We were struggling on 14-1 after 10 overs, but our new legspinner showed he could bat too and hit the ball around nicely. We were 45-1 at drinks (20 overs, incidentally with me umpiring for those 20) but our opener got out soon afterwards. Our no.3 got out about 10 runs later. Our no.5 got 8 before departing bring me to the crease. I think we needed about 40 off 14 overs. I did a couple of nice cut shots to get a brace of two's to settle myself, and we were up with the run rate needing about 20 to win when the no.4 got out. Our keeper came in who is a second team player on a Saturday and run for everything, I had a few close shaves! I run myself out for 13 (a good direct throw from mid-on) with 10 needed. We added another 5 before our skipper got bowled with 9 balls left. Got a couple of singles at the end of the over so we needed 4 off the last over win. Our keeper got another dodgy single off the first ball, which really should have been run-out, and then he then called his partner thorugh to the most suicidal single ever and his partner got run out. He then had a big heave at the next ball and missed. 3 balls left, but then he forced the next ball over point for four and we won!

Phew!

Zomgz!
Saturday was called off, away.
Today was on though, kept well; Stumping and a good caught behind.
Disappointing with the Bat, only 8 and I was going well.

Zomgz!
Saturday was called off, away.
Today was on though, kept well; Stumping and a good caught behind.
Disappointing with the Bat, only 8 and I was going well.

LOL obviously not going well with the bat if you only made 8 :p

Well, my season hasnt got going, what with the rain and ive been carrying this ankle injury since well couple of games in, but im still averaging 23 with the bat, and a little more expensive with the ball 33.23 going at 4.78 Rpo!

Pft, I was hitting them well :p

I failed to mention, my contribution with the gloves, stumping & Catch, neither of them were out. Blind Umpires > * if your the fielding side.

Pft, I was hitting them well :p

I failed to mention, my contribution with the gloves, stumping & Catch, neither of them were out. Blind Umpires > * if your the fielding side.

Simple rule of cricket everything is legal aslong as the umpire doesnt see ;) the odd nudge when the ball wistles past them to the boundry is allowed ;) Although i did once "nudge," too hard and kind of got a little bit shouted at, but i used the puppy dog eyes and only got dropped for a U16's (The age i was in at the time) Vs. Mens 10-10 friendly

Haha.
It was just they were so obvious, our spinner bowler one so slowly I almost started recieveing my pension by the time it came to me, the batsman swung at it, but swung right through landing his bat back over the line, by the time the ball came to me he was clearly in, I took the bails off and went Hawwwwwwzoooooo! and it got given.

The caught behind; The guy absolutely middled his pad and got given caught behind.

Simple rule of cricket everything is legal aslong as the umpire doesnt see ;) the odd nudge when the ball wistles past them to the boundry is allowed ;) Although i did once "nudge," too hard and kind of got a little bit shouted at, but i used the puppy dog eyes and only got dropped for a U16's (The age i was in at the time) Vs. Mens 10-10 friendly

What do you mean by 'nudge'? :p

He means Assault ;)
He didn't get 'dropped', he served 3 months for GBH.

He was posting on his 'free time' that you get inside.

Shhh im over my limit online time!!

And nudge is, kind of a shoulder barge which would dislodge a soccer player ;) so a little contact

Users who are viewing this thread