Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

I played on the worst wicket ever on Sunday...it was a concrete strip, with this crappy mat that they pegged down lol...it was soooo bouncy, i got caught after i tried to avoid a "bouncer" and it hit my gloves!! It would have been knee height on a normal pitch!

Well played a semi-final match today for school against spalding and we won by 6 wickets in a 16 over match. We bowled superbly to get them out for 36 off about 15 overs. I got 1 wicket for 8 runs off 3 overs so i am happy, a fullish bowl on the off-side and the bowl before I did the same bowl but swung it out but this ball I swong it in and it clipped the bails off whilst the batsmen was on about 20* :)

Also my Best mate who is the WK and also opening batsmen went for a 2 ball duck so there was quite alot of banter:p And also in the last over our worst player got a bloody hat-trick :rtfl

Simbazz how was it not out? Doesn't the umpire have to call dead ball? for it not to count?

Because i dont know about you but its too much of a put off. Good umpiring to ask to re-take the ball.

The cricket match I was going to play in at school yesterday was cancelled. Due to some problems during the weekend, I didn't practice at all so it was lucky that I didn't have to take the field. I would think that is it for matches this season, and I haven't played at all! This is definetely my most disappointing year since I started playing cricket, what with the poor weather and arguments with my club.

my under 15s side won our first game of the season. Choosing still to be the only team in our league adopt the give everyone a go strategy we had lost about 10 on hte bounce excluding rain. I chose to bowl because i hadn't had a good net the day before and i took 2-15 and got a run out. They made 110-6 off 18 overs. We chased it off the very last ball, a new batsmen in afetr the worlds worst ever running lol and he staright drove it to the bowler who did a show off dive missed the stumps by about a yard so the ball went to another player who could have just walked to them and gotten a tie but he threw it as hard as it could and it went for 4 lol. Brilliant :D :D :D didn't bat but when you consider what it would be like to be just making up the numbers you can understand letting everyone have a go. On Season bowling average down to 9 for U15s and 15ish iirc overall. Took 19 wickets for u15s and about 10 for seconds. Turning into a bit of a bowling all rounder but my batting average is now up to about 21 and in U15s low 30s iirc again.

Played for the District side on monday, or the "League representitives" as it is also know as. We got battered by 98 runs on the best pitch I have ever played on. They racked up 240-5. Me taking a wicket in my 9 overs. Dunno how many runs a gave away but towards the end I was quite expensive, especially thanks to some shocking fielding. Must have been about 10-15 runs given to the opposition because of no backing up or misfields off my bowling :mad: Me only managed to make 142 a/o. Me batting at 11 hit 8 not out off 6 balls with two lovely shots for four. First one smashed past the bowler, and the second a sort of slog sweep over midwicket. Off spinner was bowling. Overall a good day but shame to lose so heavily...

Just hit my first 25* of the season including a massive 6 over midwicket! Pretty pleased right now... :)
We won too!

Knowing that you're unsure as to which way you hold a bat, im sure you've had a few drinks to celebrate ;) 6 to midwicket, woah!

Have a Dads vs Lads match on saturday after the junior presentations. Should be good fun, and i will be taking some Jelly Beans, as i field at Gully :p

Tomorrow I shall be opening the batting against a Malinga. Not, thank god not Lasitha, but Surrimaptha Malinga, who plays Sri Lanka First Class, and has a bowling average of 20.
Overseas player for the oppo.
It's not nailed on he'll play, but it's a semi final so he probably will.
Canny wait.

Well the under 15 team thrashed the dads team. A fun day was had by all...and i came in at 3 and batted beautifully hitting 20 off about 10 balls including 4, 4s. Then i had to retire, so everyone had a chance to bat. We ended up on 161 off the 20 overs.

I the opened the bowling and kept it relatively tight. The wickets just kept falling for them and none of there players retired, so nobody could come back in at the end. They ended up on about 90 for 8 after the 20 overs.

Just racked up a 50 for my club team :).
my last game is next week :( back to the US oh no :(
took 2-10 off 8 bowled some off spin :D usually never do that in a real match situation but the wicket was a dustbowl. Our leg spinner got injured in the practice session yesterday, and made me bowl some offies in the nets. got impressed, and put me in to bowl with the shorter run up :p

Well it wasnt to be...thought i could make a high score and ended up top edging a pull shot getting caught at mid wicket.

Bowling was much better. 10 overs, 3 maidens, 1 for 12. I was really pleased with that.

WHAT A WIN TODAY.

Turned out to be a great sunny day, lost the toss and had to bowl. Got them about 25-4, but a slogger came in and got lucky, ball never fell to us. They got up to about 100-7, and then their last 3 wickets hung around and they got all out for 148. That only took them 30 overs, so we got 20 extra overs, so we had 70 overs to get the runs. I even got a bowl (I have only bowled 4 overs all season before today) and my figures were 5-0-24-1. I bowled the guy the ball after he hit me for six!

We were confident we would chase that, we had a few wobbles but got there. Our opener hit a good 50, but wickets fell around him, and one of our batters had to retire hurt. When we lost him and our skipper in the space of two overs so we were 115-6 (effectively for seven). I came in at no.9 (lowest posistion this season grr) and me and the no.8, just decided to see it through (we had about 35 overs left!) as we didn't have any real batters to come. And we did just that, taking about 15 overs to get 35 runs we needed. I finished on 22 not out.

Users who are viewing this thread