Your Cricket Cricket Club Discussion

where do you go to school?
stradbrook is ok
but worlingworth and easton are far far better trust me

dont no ur m8

http://www.cricketnsw.com.au/shields/hcround.cl?PT=mr&C=FFL&TI=32&G=Durham&D=div&match=2

This is the scorecard from my game on Sunday. Batted for 30 odd overs in 36 degree heat, team collasped after I went out, we were 3/75 and finished getting bowled out for 98. Then had to come out and immediately bowl 8 overs on the trout. Should've had one of the openers out LBW in the first over and 2 overs later he was dropped at cover. Eventually I got a wicket when the other opener flashed at one outside offstump and was caught at gully. I was buggered and my last over went for 9 runs.

I wasn't out either! Got a rough decision from the umpire (same umpire who didn't give my LBW appeal out!) when the spinner bowled a quicker ball and it stayed low (playing on turf) but I managed to get bat to it, I looked up and the finger was up immediately. Was batting well so I was quite dissapointed.

B Ferguson

The lynchpin of the side it seems, opening batsman and opening bowler, nice work. Pretty good game for you it seems, 38 runs and a wicket, 8 overs 22-1 are great bowling figures. Good work mate !!

I'm currently trying to break into the USA Under 19's/15's.
I need a good, recognized club to join. The closest club *good* club is a good two hour drive away, that too on not so good roads.
The best club is 3 and a half hours away. I hate living in this small city :(

I've dominated in the fall season. After coming back from a good coaching in India, I came in and ripped em apart.
Too bad the bowler's/fielders/players of any team (even mine) suck. I'm like the only half decent player.
Captain, allrounder, and sometimes a keeper. Its annoying, but at least I get some practice in.

I hit 112* in the finals in September. Wasn't my best innings but I had fun with it while others collapsed around me. All out in 25 overs, 140.
Came in opening bowling, and took 3-10 in five overs. Then decided to keep because he was sucking.
Came back in the latter half and took two in two to end with 6-15 off seven.
Got a stumping as well. I suck at keeping though.

When I go to India, I play for a club and enjoy the challenge. They're really good, especially the spinners. I know this 10 year old, rips it a country mile. Bowled me around the legs, he has an average of 15 or something. Really good.

I bat at three over there and have an average with the bat at around 60. I bowl first change and average about 26 with the ball. Its good I guess :D

My batting average doubles and my bowling average divides by three when I come to US. It's so boring.

Last edited:
Here is my "nets".
The basement of my house, a sock with a ball in it tied by a rope to the pipes on the ceiling. Hit it with the bat, like you knock it in. Gets boring after a while, and repetitive, but It's the only form of batting I get in the winter.

Bowling- Stumps drawn on the wall with Chalk. Bowl to a 15 yard (I think) strip with a 2-4 step run up. The "pitch" i've made is two of my mom's old rugs lined up.
Since fast bowling is really hard to train with these specs (although I still train it) I've been bowling a lot of spin. So much rip off these rugs, geeze! I think it mimics the charactaristics of a cricket pitch quite well!

And for training, I have a treadmill down there. Run three miles a day then do various other things (crunches, ect).

I hate living in a non-cricket playing country when I am so fanatical about it.

Was meant to have a match against the county team for district a couple of says ago, I don't have a clue why there was a match in the middle of winter, it made no sense at all and rather unsurprisingly it was rained off. Oh well I went in the nets and my pace was up a lot on what it was last season which was good, ad a lot more bounce too. Think it was because I've been getting my front arm a lot higher recently. Anyway hope to make a real impression this year, will be playing a lot more 1st team as well as playing under 17's, ours won the local league last year which is amazing when you consider also in our league is national finalists kibworth who's side is made up almost entirely of Leicestershire players, whilst we were relying on under 15's to come in and just get anyone in.

I'm currently trying to break into the USA Under 19's/15's.
I need a good, recognized club to join. The closest club *good* club is a good two hour drive away, that too on not so good roads.
The best club is 3 and a half hours away. I hate living in this small city :(

I've dominated in the fall season. After coming back from a good coaching in India, I came in and ripped em apart.
Too bad the bowler's/fielders/players of any team (even mine) suck. I'm like the only half decent player.
Captain, allrounder, and sometimes a keeper. Its annoying, but at least I get some practice in.

I hit 112* in the finals in September. Wasn't my best innings but I had fun with it while others collapsed around me. All out in 25 overs, 140.
Came in opening bowling, and took 3-10 in five overs. Then decided to keep because he was sucking.
Came back in the latter half and took two in two to end with 6-15 off seven.
Got a stumping as well. I suck at keeping though.

When I go to India, I play for a club and enjoy the challenge. They're really good, especially the spinners. I know this 10 year old, rips it a country mile. Bowled me around the legs, he has an average of 15 or something. Really good.

I bat at three over there and have an average with the bat at around 60. I bowl first change and average about 26 with the ball. Its good I guess :D

My batting average doubles and my bowling average divides by three when I come to US. It's so boring.
Exactly where were these trials? :p

Had an odd winter net, didn't bowl at any real pace as my shoulders been playing up which means i need to do some more work on it to build up some strength as it dies every time I go a week without doing the physio work i was told to do. Got a few edges and lbws which was very nice and i did bowl good on a consistent length, struggled switching from left handers to right in line though.

Batting was really good, smashing everything, until for osme reason i decided to stop batting well. I was struggling to pick the ball up out of the side of the net because i was using an old bat and every time i stuck it in there it got stuck to the net, so instead of like a normal person picking it up i spent every ball thinking about picking it up and not hitting it into the net. Sounds stupid I know but I do have problems of thinking about anything but cricket in nets.

I remember, really, still i can remember the day when a team came in called " manchester united" (and other teams having the "Premier league Club names") and they went onto play with 12 year olds who didn't know how to handle a heavy bat and only knew to run dropping the bat down. They have lost all their 28 games and at the end, "Derbyshire" won. This is absolutely hilarious!, but also really true.

Users who are viewing this thread